Bags with white stitching

This looks like gulliver or swift to me. Doesn’t look like chamonix or VN from the pictures and the stamp. Did bababebi say it was one of the 3? She’s the expert here.

Stitching on my old bags still looks white. What is the leather? A polish or leather creme in a color could also affect color of stitching.
That was my thought, that the bag had been conditioned and the stitching discolored.

ETA, I've taken a look at the Fashionphile listing for the bag, and blown up many of the images. It's weird, because I can see that the thread appears beige, but there are tiny hints of white, and it's all extremely uniform. Curious.

By the way, the bag is gorgeous, and whatever the verdict on the stitching is, you have one stunning Gulliver Birkin, @Bagswell! :love:

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
That was my thought, that the bag had been conditioned and the stitching discolored.

ETA, I've taken a look at the Fashionphile listing for the bag, and blown up many of the images. It's weird, because I can see that the thread appears beige, but there are tiny hints of white, and it's all extremely uniform. Curious.

By the way, the bag is gorgeous, and whatever the verdict on the stitching is, you have one stunning Gulliver Birkin, @Bagswell! :love:

Thank you! The bag is beautiful and in such great condition. If only I could get this mystery solved!

Yes, in some of the pictures, the color of the threads appear whiter in some areas. But IRL, all of the threads are uniformly colored, even the inside of the pockets. The “white” is from the lighting and angle it seems. If this was dyed or conditioned, I would love to know who did the work because it is flawless. The stitches are very clean, no residue or gunk anywhere and nothing outside the lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: cakeymakeybakey
Thank you! The bag is beautiful and in such great condition. If only I could get this mystery solved!

Yes, in some of the pictures, the color of the threads appear whiter in some areas. But IRL, all of the threads are uniformly colored, even the inside of the pockets. The “white” is from the lighting and angle it seems. If this was dyed or conditioned, I would love to know who did the work because it is flawless. The stitches are very clean, no residue or gunk anywhere and nothing outside the lines.
I think your only answer will come from an expert who handled the bag personally, such as at Hermès on Madison Ave in NYC, or @bababebi herself. Best of luck with the quest!

I think your only answer will come from an expert who handled the bag personally, such as at Hermès on Madison Ave in NYC, or @bababebi herself. Best of luck with the quest!

You're right, of course. I plan on taking the bag to Hermes to see what they say.

It is Bababebi’s opinion that the bag is in original condition and that the thread used to be white. She said when a bag is vintage, like this one, the white stitching can fade to beige.

I will give an update once I know more. Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my post and share your thoughts. In the meantime, I will enjoy the bag. It is beautiful and I can’t stop staring.:nuts::love: