Bags with chains....

I've owned a few chain strap bags and had to sell them because they were uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. Now I stay away from them unless they have a shoulder pad.

i love chain straps, so far my only bags with chain straps are my chanels.
it's still comfortable IMO although sometimes my shoulder got red from the chain if i carried too heavy.

my friend have this thomas wylde bag, bow THAT chain is a hassle she said. way too heavy LOL

I have the lanvin hero bag in bronze. I must say that although i love the color and style of the bag...I do find the chain to be difficult to carry especailly if it is heavy and I don't have a outer layer on. I only use it when i know i don't have too much to put in it.

I have the HH Big Mimi Quilted Satchel and it's not heavy at all... i can't figure out what metal the chains are made of, but they are SUPER lightweight... in fact, almost TOO much so in that when i first tore the bag out of the HH box, i thought the straps looked a little cheap...

i just saw this chain bag from Paul Smith for fall on nitrolicious.com (great blog for street fashion!) - i'm not sure i'd carry it but i love looking at it!

Attachments

• paul_smith_01.jpg
    paul_smith_01.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 87
jandelvis, it's cute, kinda remins me of one of the chanel

attachment.php

Besides the weight issue I avoid them because I find they get hot/cold. I hate that feeling of when you put one over your shoulder with something like a tank top and feel that cold strap. In the winter I find the strap gets cold to touch if I'm not wearing gloves.

i have a guicci bag that my boss gave me about 10 years ago I may have used it once. It has a silver chain and looks like the jackie O bag from the 70's. The two times I used it the chain was quite comfortable easy to hold and not heavy at all.

I'm not a big fan of bags with chains I find that a lot of them are really heavy and cut into my shoulder if the bag is loaded with stuff. That said, I do love my Chanel cabas which is surprisingly comfortable to wear.

I love to see others carrying chain bags since they are so elegant, but I don't own one since it is too heavy for me. Also I cannot stand if they tarnish. I recently had tried on a Prada bag with chain. I have to say, it is very pretty but is SO heavy!