Bag sold...shipped...received...signed for by fake person at address...

Thanks Lori, Jennifer, 4theluv, sweet,dolly, i wona, louis gal, hiron, my purse addiction,Lush, emald and solid gold...for your sympathy, advice and kind words.

It appears that Louis Gal and I are in the same boat here and we're not feeling too good!:wtf::throwup: Yes, while I did insure the LV, I didn't get a delivery confirmation because I thought since it was insured then it would have to be tracked anyway. I know when I recieve parcels that the mailman scans them into this little puter after I sign for it. I most certainly don't need a chargeback right now (or ever) nor do I need the hassle. Strangely enough, this was the one bag I was on the fence about selling because I use it a bit, but I thought...time to let it go, I can get another one down the road someday:s. I haven't heard anything since last night. I did write back that I had somebody rip me off for a fake on Ebay a few years ago and that I didn't rest until the FBI had found them, charged them and the person was convicted of fraud because they involved the US Postal Service. I lost over 1k and never got any $$ back, but I did get a conviction in court in their state. I haven't heard back from her yet today and I am thinking I may just get her phone number and call her. :confused1: What a pain...:shame:

Good luck with this ... I still think it's in the buyer's court, and she's not being truthful.

In the future, remember that you MUST have signature confirmation for all packages valued over $250 on eBay.

If you sent it EXPRESS Mail you do not need additional confirmation or tracking, Express Mail automatically offers both signature confirmation and $100 insurance. You do need to pay extra for any additional insurance over $100. The tracking number is on the receipt you get from the post office or on the actual Express Mail label (sender's copy that the postman will hand back to you). Now if you sent it Priority - thats when you need to get the extra signature confirmation (bright pink label). One more thingy, (gets a little technical), on the Express label it would have a WAIVER of SIG check box - if you checked this, then you waived the signature requirement, basically, gave permission to the post man to use their judgement and sign for the package themselves if the package can be left at a secure place.

Ugh...here goes the story. I decided I needed to clean out a bit and listed some bags on Ebay. Even though I know it's been a real pit lately, I thought I'd be lucky and scrape though without too much pain.:shame:

WRONG....I listed an LV with a BIN on it. One girl wanted it right off and hit the BIN. When I list the cost to ship I do just that. I ship usually overnight USPS Express. She bought that one day and paid (Mon), I shipped the next day cross country (Tues). The package was delivered to the address the next day after that( Wed). However, the address was an apartment building. The package was signed for by somebody in the office. Nobody has a "clue" who the person was who signed for the bag. :Push:

My question is...who bears the brunt of the responsibility in this? The girl who bought it says she doesn't know who took it. I did my part...I don't think I should be out over $400. It was mailed insured, however she says somebody signed her name to it. I'm feeling very stressed over this as it's a sizeable amount.

What are anybodys thoughts on this???:confused1:

Personally I find it a little odd that your buyer claims 'someone at the office' signed for it... like she knows something or is trying to get away with something. Again, I wouldn't worry from a Paypal standpoint all it has to show is delivered to the confirmed address and signature (which Express mail has).

I think she might be attempting to scam you. I tell her that she needs to make sure she double checks with her apartment manager the package is, ask your buyer to do her part in finding this package otherwise you will be calling USPS to file a claim (you the sender file the claim) - make sure she understands that it is against the law to file false claims of nonreceipt....

What MMM has said is correct, delivery conformation is automatically included with Express.. if you tried to buy delivery conformation on an Express mail shipment, the post office will tell you that it already has delivery conformation on it with the Express shipping option. At least that is what I was told by my postmaster one day when I tried to buy delivery conformation on an Express mail shipment. Also, in this case it seems to me that this would fall on the fault of the post office if this is in fact the way it happened.

Oh lori...I just looked at her feed back...UGH...it's 7, she has two negatives with a 81 percent rating...plus she is new to Ebay...only a couple of months. :sweatdrop: I'm so trusting...I guess I would believe anything. Thanks for the heads up...I'm going to look at it from all angles now.
I smell a scam. You are not responsible. Unless rules have changed. I doubt that.

The office would NEVER sign her name. (Sure it could happen, but this girl is selling you a bridge, as far as I am concerned). I agree with Lori. She needs to solve this herself, you did your part. Don't fall victim.

I agree with those who say the "office" wouldn't sign her name. I lived in a complex for years and our manager signed for our packages, with his name. I sign for packages all day long at work, with my name, not my bosses name or whoevers name is on the package.The whole thing just reeks of a scam.

By the way, you sound feisty! lol. I'm a bulldog too when I get scammed. I just won't rest :smile:

Thanks Lori, Jennifer, 4theluv, sweet,dolly, i wona, louis gal, hiron, my purse addiction,Lush, emald and solid gold...for your sympathy, advice and kind words.

It appears that Louis Gal and I are in the same boat here and we're not feeling too good!:wtf::throwup: Yes, while I did insure the LV, I didn't get a delivery confirmation because I thought since it was insured then it would have to be tracked anyway. I know when I recieve parcels that the mailman scans them into this little puter after I sign for it. I most certainly don't need a chargeback right now (or ever) nor do I need the hassle. Strangely enough, this was the one bag I was on the fence about selling because I use it a bit, but I thought...time to let it go, I can get another one down the road someday:s. I haven't heard anything since last night. I did write back that I had somebody rip me off for a fake on Ebay a few years ago and that I didn't rest until the FBI had found them, charged them and the person was convicted of fraud because they involved the US Postal Service. I lost over 1k and never got any $$ back, but I did get a conviction in court in their state. I haven't heard back from her yet today and I am thinking I may just get her phone number and call her. :confused1: What a pain...:shame:
You didn't need to purchase the delivery confirm. because the cost automatically includes the sig. & delivery confirm. if you insure the package and it needs ins. if it is over $200. I'm with you Damier! I called her PO, my PO, the Postal Inspector in her state and the Dept. of Consumer Affairs to cover all my bases and have her prove that she really doesn't have the bag. I went out of my way to help her find it when she didn't lift a finger to do anything and that makes me suspicious. If I just bought a $1K bag and didn't get it, I'd be camping out at my PO and bugging the he@# out of them to find out WHO signed for it! At this point, I just want my $$ back and I'm going to file a claim for mail fraud with the Postal Inspector. Hope your headache works out......:sad:

Yea, I smell a scam too! I, too, have lived in apt complexes for a good number of years and the apt managers there NEVER sign your name, they always sign their own names. Besides, the form the signature's on doesn't spell out the recipient's name (they only state the recipient's address and FROM whom) so you wouldn't really know who's name to sign other than your own when you sign. (Did that make sense? *LOL*). I've signed for many ebay packages. Besides, the PO Carrier would think it's weird to witness an apt manager sign another person's name. If you contact the PO, they would ask the PO Carrier about the situation so you have a good chance of the Carrier remembering what really happened. How did that girl know that the signature was HER full name and not someone else's name IF she didn't sign for it? The natural assumption is that, if it was signed by someone else, the package was signed for with another person's name. This whole thing smells FISHY!

You didn't need to purchase the delivery confirm. because the cost automatically includes the sig. & delivery confirm. if you insure the package and it needs ins. if it is over $200. I'm with you Damier! I called her PO, my PO, the Postal Inspector in her state and the Dept. of Consumer Affairs to cover all my bases and have her prove that she really doesn't have the bag. I went out of my way to help her find it when she didn't lift a finger to do anything and that makes me suspicious. If I just bought a $1K bag and didn't get it, I'd be camping out at my PO and bugging the he@# out of them to find out WHO signed for it! At this point, I just want my $$ back and I'm going to file a claim for mail fraud with the Postal Inspector. Hope your headache works out......:sad:

Lori, MMM, Shopstomuch, Pink, Dolly and Louis Gal,

Well, I just received a short very brief email from my buyer. It appears that she "does" recognize the signature of the person who signed for the bag. It is apparently somebody who is very close to her. She said she will keep me up 2 date.

So I think the ball is definately in her court now. I have my receipts and the email trail back and forth.

Thanks Dolly for the "feisty" comment. I was ripped off once and I didn't like it then and I won't let it happen again. :boxing:

Louis Gal...Ugh...I feel for you. :sad: Be sure you have let this person know you are serious about getting the Postal inspectors involved. They don't mess around. Once you cross state lines it becomes a case of mail fraud. I agree also, if I hadn't received my LV that cost a mint, I'd be flipping out in front of the post office also. Somebody would be accountable.:hysteric:

Yea, I smell a scam too! I, too, have lived in apt complexes for a good number of years and the apt managers there NEVER sign your name, they always sign their own names. Besides, the form the signature's on doesn't spell out the recipient's name (they only state the recipient's address and FROM whom) so you wouldn't really know who's name to sign other than your own when you sign. (Did that make sense? *LOL*). I've signed for many ebay packages. Besides, the PO Carrier would think it's weird to witness an apt manager sign another person's name. If you contact the PO, they would ask the PO Carrier about the situation so you have a good chance of the Carrier remembering what really happened. How did that girl know that the signature was HER full name and not someone else's name IF she didn't sign for it? The natural assumption is that, if it was signed by someone else, the package was signed for with another person's name. This whole thing smells FISHY!

REALLY good points! :tup:

I agree with the posters above. I currently live in a doorman building and it is crazy to think that the doorman would sign *my* name and not their own when accepting a package. Nuts. One lie makes me think she is full of lies! :cursing:

In my opinion, you are not liable. You sent the package signature required and someone signed for it.

I hate to sound cynical, but she may be lying. I'd tell her she needs to investigate on her end.

Hello,

Just a thought....at my apartment office where they actually drop all my packages and sign for them, I then go in to get my packages and have to sign a book they have proving I picked up the package(s).

You could possibly figure out the name of the apartment complex, call them and inquire about it; see if they make residents sign for packages when they pick them up. Or you could possibly ask to speak with the person who is said to have signed for your package. I would confirm her story on your end, then you will have additional information as well with regards to the situation. I know this may be quite a bit of effort on your part, but it may help you. I wish you all the best and happy holidays! :flowers: