Bag regret (the one that got away)... anyone else?

This is the one I'm thinking of - is this what you saw?
new_brown.jpg

However, by the time I save up enough, it will probably be gone. But it's for the better as my wallet will thank me.

This must be the one she saw because I saw it last week too at Saks Beverly Hills. It is really nice!

Oh definitely I have had some bags get away. A few months ago a PFer was actually returning a red caviar jumbo to her store and I know I was the first to PM her requesting the return info. She gave it to me and said she would be returning it a few days later, so out of courtesy I waited because I didn't know if her SA knew about the return and I wanted everything to be on the up and up. What I didn't know is that the PFer gave the return info to several other PFers and it was snagged because I waited till I got word that she had been in the store to return it. :crybaby:I'm trying not to be bitter, and trying to convince myself that I will find this bag in lambskin (which I prefer) someday...

Also, because I hesitated, I missed a black PNY flap on ebay which had a buy it now just a few days ago. I'm still mad at myself for this.

On the flip side, I just jumped on something that was one of my HGs even though it was WAY over retail and I have absolutely NO REGRETS because I'm in love. :love:

I missed a dark brown expandable tote earlier this week at a fabulous price but was too late to outbid the leading bidder. Time ran out and she won. I at least hope a nice tPF member got it! I should probably thank her for saving my Visa...

The Chanel bags that got away, either because I didn't grab them when I first saw them in stores or because I didn't call and ask my SA's about them quickly are: Vintage Ligne trapezoidal tote, Red Caviar Jumbo flap (my biggest regret, if only I had called my SA earlier last summer, *sigh*), Ritz bag.

My friend told me never to have regrets, there is always something better if you have patience! I think she is right!

Good advice, if only the "something better" (new bags) didn't cost 3x's the price now :Push:.

I was just looking at some old lookbooks and just in fall 06 the med caviarflapwas $1595 and the 226 reissue was $1995 (now it's $2650!!!). That's a $650 increase in just over a year! And the rate they release colors I will be buying the bags for my grand-daughter!

I always wonder if the slow/limited release on truly desirable colors is their way of creating demand and exclusivity, but from a business standpoint they would make a killing if they just released more quantity of the limited colors.

I love your username. goingindebt!! classic and brilliant!! lol

Thanks Jahpson! Reflects my seemingly constant state of affairs (Darn u Chanel ;)) Momma needs a new bag!

Nathalie and Roxana, I will PM u once located. My idea of note taking is any scratch paper lying around :P.

White PNY flap
Pink valentine heartchain --> i missed this 3 yes THREE times already!!
05 Gray reissue
i think thats about it? i've been scoring all my HGs lately!
good luck to everyone!

That is so sad.....but please tell us....what wonderful addition to your collection did you get...I love all your pics and bags.....:heart:H

Oh definitely I have had some bags get away. A few months ago a PFer was actually returning a red caviar jumbo to her store and I know I was the first to PM her requesting the return info. She gave it to me and said she would be returning it a few days later, so out of courtesy I waited because I didn't know if her SA knew about the return and I wanted everything to be on the up and up. What I didn't know is that the PFer gave the return info to several other PFers and it was snagged because I waited till I got word that she had been in the store to return it. :crybaby:I'm trying not to be bitter, and trying to convince myself that I will find this bag in lambskin (which I prefer) someday...

Also, because I hesitated, I missed a black PNY flap on ebay which had a buy it now just a few days ago. I'm still mad at myself for this.

On the flip side, I just jumped on something that was one of my HGs even though it was WAY over retail and I have absolutely NO REGRETS because I'm in love. :love:

That is so sad.....but please tell us....what wonderful addition to your collection did you get...I love all your pics and bags.....:heart:H

Oh, you are too sweet! It's OK though. I keep telling myself missing the red was a sign that a red lambskin will be mine in the future.

As far as the PNY, I've got my fingers crossed that all hope isn't lost on this. I'll just wait and pray. :yes:

I am SO behind on posting pics of bags. I have gotten a few that I haven't shared in the forum. But the HG I scored was the dark silver Sharpey! :drool: It is drop dead gorgeous and I don't care that I paid over retail to get it. It is pristine and I am deeply in love with it. It's my favorite bag now. :love:

But I'm OT, so I'll continue this on my own thread soon. :shame:

Back to topic, I am also kicking myself for not putting my name down for the large Diagonal CC tote I saw at a trunk show at Neimans ages ago. I figured I'd just think about it until it came in. I never saw it in the store and months later when I had them do a search, they said there were none in their system. I saw one on ebay once, and it was $500 over retail and with the retail price being $3,495, this was not something I felt justified the price. :sad:

I also got outbid literally in the last 1 second of an ebay auction for a red lambskin jumbo and I was in tears. :crybaby:

C'est la vie, I suppose.

it will be the valentine pink lambskin flap in heart chain.....i saw it but didn't even bid for it...such a waste as the price was really reasonable....sigh!

First Chanel purchase and I saw the Blush Patent Flap in Medium and thought:love: but for this price it can't be pink..... Bought a black chanel flap instead! Lost sleep, went to Vegas and had them search and find it!!! Although I wish I had been into Chanel when the PNY Flaps came out, they are soooo me!! That is THE BAG for me!!!!!