Bag Limits at Different Boutiques

This must be for newer, less established customers. I haven't been asked or pressured to buy any jewelry at all and I still get offered bags. I do spend a fair amount of $$ on other things though besides bags.

Yes, that was my thought too. I am a loyal H customer to a few boutiques and have not encountered this pressure so far. Like you, I tend to buy from many of the departments. I have been very pleased with the service I receive. Glad to know that there are still boutiques who do not engage in the "game."

My SA at my local store always offers me one more birkin every half year, and once she even let me use my mother's name to purchase a crocodile birkin even though my mom was not even in the same country as we were in. So I guess there is always exceptions.

Btw, only two stores out of so many Hermes I've been to hinted me to buy jewelries before they could offer me birkin and kelly. But I guess this is really the main "formula" to get a bag now, even though some of the stores wouldn't tell you to buy jewelry or furniture, if you did purchase a $10,000 diamond bracelet, you are almost guaranteed to be offered something nice.

My SA at my local store always offers me one more birkin every half year, and once she even let me use my mother's name to purchase a crocodile birkin even though my mom was not even in the same country as we were in. So I guess there is always exceptions.

Btw, only two stores out of so many Hermes I've been to hinted me to buy jewelries before they could offer me birkin and kelly. But I guess this is really the main "formula" to get a bag now, even though some of the stores wouldn't tell you to buy jewelry or furniture, if you did purchase a $10,000 diamond bracelet, you are almost guaranteed to be offered something nice.
I agree with chuhanwtf. I too was hinted to buy a diamond bracelet to put my b/k hunting out of misery...

I was told that being on the waitlist doesn't mean much unless you have a 'good' purchasing history. How much is good enough? This year, I bought an Evelyne, a Bolide, some bracelets and a scarf from the same boutique. Is that enough to be offered a B? They've written down what i wanted but didn't confirm anything. Gosh i must sound really desperate :lol:

On the last episode of real housewives of Miami, they talked about how difficult it was to buy a Birkin. It seemed that Lisa needed the help of Lea Black to get a Birkin who seem to own a lot.

Likely for newer clients. I'm a long time customer and purchase from all the departments, not just leather goods.

BTW at Madison Ave they keep the best wallets in the back now as well. Only the store manager can approve if you can see it.

Yes, I definitely agree. It's the same with the CDCs...and I needed additional approval to see a 2nd one!

Does anyone know the bag limit regulation in australia? I know it's 1 bag per semester, but does it only apply for K and B?
I'm looking for KP, L and Toolbox, but i dont want it to eat out my quota.

TIA.

Hello ladies,

I was recently in Paris and I managed to get a K40 malachite from FSH - I badly wanted a garden party for my mother but I was told that I could only purchase one leather item per trip. I decided to try Sèvres boutique and I was offered the garden party - they didn't say anything about a bag limit. Sometime I feel as though the SA make up rules on the spot.

:smile:

When I was at FSH Paris last year - I got a lindy and I also managed to get an approval from the manager for an additional leather bag, plus some leather goods and scarf. I think it all down to the SA and the manager.

I've read elsewhere on this forum, sometimes (depending on your purchase history/ the store/SM mood/SA mood), some folks have been told that all bags count towards the quota. Ah, the varying H "rules".