Bag for your body type.

MissuzNderle said:
Does anyone shop by the rule or do you just get what you like?

I'm a curvy girl and was looking at a Willis but according to the rule I should be carrying a tote or something square and structured to offset my shape. I'm so conflicted!!

If I went by that rule I'd be luggin' around a 144 cubic foot storage pod on a tractor chain.

MissuzNderle said:
Does anyone shop by the rule or do you just get what you like?

I'm a curvy girl and was looking at a Willis but according to the rule I should be carrying a tote or something square and structured to offset my shape. I'm so conflicted!!

What rule? And who made this rule? Sounds to me this "rule" is just someone's opinion. Buy what you like and want to wear. I'm not a tiny girl and I wear Willis and I think the mod shots Willis on her look fab! :biggrin: life is too short to worry about "purse" rules.

Personally, I think purse size/shape matters more with short or narrow people than it does the other way around. A larger person can wear a small bag and rock it, IMO, but a short person will look overwhelmed by a large bag and a very slim person looks weird with a wider bag. I’m tall with a narrow build, and frankly feel stupid carrying something like Abigail because when I turn sideways there’s more purse than me lol, whereas Maggie is flattering (I love Maggie.) I think there’s lots of bags that go nicely with everyone’s shape though.

Personally, I think purse size/shape matters more with short or narrow people than it does the other way around. A larger person can wear a small bag and rock it, IMO, but a short person will look overwhelmed by a large bag and a very slim person looks weird with a wider bag. I’m tall with a narrow build, and frankly feel stupid carrying something like Abigail because when I turn sideways there’s more purse than me lol, whereas Maggie is flattering (I love Maggie.) I think there’s lots of bags that go nicely with everyone’s shape though.
This is my problem. Large bags overwhelm me and I look like a kid playing dress up.

I've never heard this 'rule'. Even if I had I would ignore it! I wear what I want, I don't care about some silly rule someone wrote. If you like a bag, wear it proudly and it'll look great.:smile:

Never heard of the "rule" either.
I buy what I like and what looks good on me when I look in the mirror. I don't even ask the SA (or anyone else) because each will have their own, often different opinions.

Come on, there are tons of different designs....I will get what I like according to my rules.

I am going to pay hundreds on a purse and it's a huge wasting if it is just sitting there because I don't like it that much or because it doesn't go well with my dressing...

If I want to try something bold, I won't pay the FP......

Just my 2 cents....:P

I buy what I like, as long as I feel like it looks good on me.

Here's some mod shots where I'm not wearing them all at once :P
If a big gurl rockin' Willis is wrong, then I don't wanna be right!

(note: British Tan is not mine...... yet! ;))

The Willis bags looks absolutely amazing on you! Keep on rocking them!

This is my problem. Large bags overwhelm me and I look like a kid playing dress up.

Same here.