Bag Bans... dumb?

mrs.JC

LV and Let LV
O.G.
Jun 18, 2010
I heard from a few people that bans are stupid. I'm not saying it is, or isn't, but just want to know how you guys feel.

I do go on bag bans so I don't freak out my DH and so I don't end up with all these bags I don't use.

I don't really know how I feel about bans in general. It's not like if I weren't on a ban, I'd be buying a new bag every single day. I just think that if there's not enough funds for a new bag, then it's time to stop for a while. Otherwise, if I like the bag, and I have enough in the bank, why not? But then again, I don't really have to justify my bag usages to anyone.

I don't really go on bans. I just get a bag when I get bored with the one I'm carrying or when I see a new one that I really love and want. I usually only get one each season (about 3-4 a year, max). Now when it comes to accessories---that's where I should go on bans. I have WAY too many wallets, clutches, pochettes etc---but I just love them and can't help it!

I think it is, it's really not that useful to keep saying...OMG AFTER THIS BAG I'M SOOO BANNED, when you know very VERY well, that the next LE speedy that LV comes out with has to find it's way into ur grubby hot lil hands...

For me, I just pace myself...save up, think about it, then buy

I think that if I tried "to ban" myself that would just make me want to buy even more...if I dont have the money or the money is necessary elsewhere then I dont buy.

When I place myself on an official ban, then I tend to go apesh*t & end up buying too much. When I am not on an official ban, like now, then I tend to have a lot more restraint. For example, the only upcoming/current release that I am on any list for is the gris marine stole - none of the new bags, slgs, etc.

So bag bans for me are stupid because they are counter productive. Something about the psychology of officially being banned doesn't work for me.

I forgot to add to my previous post...

For me don't follow bans. If I feel like buying something I buy it. I can control my spending.

But some people NEED bans to be able to control themselves.

But of course everyone is different and needs to do what works best for them.

There is no right or wrong.

I will say I am on a ban, but it never really works. i just happen to be in a place in my life where I am happy with my collection, and do not feel like adding to it at the moment. I could use the word "ban" for a lack of another one. However that is like the word "diet." Unless you are going to be at a comfortable place in your life where you will commit to a healthy lifestyle no "diet" will work.

telling myself that i'm on a ban helps me stay on track. it's not that i don't have the funds to keep shopping, but i've simply acquired more than enough and more than i even have room to store. i'd rather use my money for more functional things since i've hoarded enough clothes, bags, and shoes to last me quite some time. before, i was buying whatever i wanted and whatever i liked, and now i have bags i haven't even used but felt i "had to have." now i see how pointless that was.

I usually don't go on a ban, I just wait to buy a purse until I'm sure that I will absolutely love it. I've purchased bags before that I didn't love, and ended up returning them or sticking them in my closet and not really ever using them.