Bad experience put me off...

OMG. Does this sound like an abusive relationship to anyone else? I am very pleased with my LV and the service that I personally recieved, but I have no plans to continue with this company. I don't enjoy hearing about customers being slapped around - and I don't approve of the direction that LV has decided to go (design, price, quality, SERVICE). I am VOTING WITH MY $$.

Sadly, 90% of this board will be appalled by this behavior also and GO RIGHT ON BACK. I'm not here to judge, do what you gotta do - but I'm out.

Medhavani, I do hope that you will consider yourself TOO GOOD for LV, not the other way around. BTW, you're beautiful.;)

I totally agree with you. 2 people stop buying LV wont change anything but the whole forum would !. :smile: I wish we could do it

Medhvani,

I really love LV and was fortunate to find an SA early on who I continously purchase items from but I have a young friend in her mid-20's who has said that whenever she walks into LV, she's treated rudely. However, when she enters LV with her mom, then it's different altogether. I hate hearing about that because again, no one should face discrimation in any manner.

I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with the LV store in NYC. It shouldn't matter if a person is dressed up or down because appearances can always be deceiving. You could be the richest person in the world, and be dressed casually and it shouldn't matter.....Look at Oprah... she tried to get into the Hermes store in Paris and was turned away.... and of course, she or was it her friend, Gail, made a stink about it and it got national attention!

Racial discrimation is horrible and should not be tolerated in any manner. If you decide at some point to go back to an LV store, then walk in with confidence, be polite but firm, and if an SA gives you attitude then ask to speak directly with the manager to report rude service. Do not be intimidated by an SA. Their job is to serve their customer, not judge them. SAs do not get paid commission, so it doesn't matter who rings you up because they get paid no matter what and they don't have a sales quota to meet.

I hope you will reconsider going to an LV store even though it's a long drive for you. If you don't want to go back, then use e-luxury as an alternative or trying going to an LV boutique at another store (Macy's, Saks, etc.).

^^5th Ave. Thought I would go to the 'flagship' store for the best of the best :sad:

To buy an LV in New York do you have to be white and look rich?

I've had good and bad service at the 5th ave store - and I'm white and tend to dress rather expensively - not to mention always carrying LV or Balenciaga when I'm in there. I had an AWFUL experience there once where I was given serious attitude and they were just rude. I had asked to look at a certain bag (this was a few years back - can't remember which bag was the apple of my eye at the time ;)) and the SA huffed and puffed and sighed like I was wasting her time - which I guess I kind of was, because I didn't buy anything - but that really shouldn't matter. Then I've had other great experiences there. I had a Noe repaired there and purchased a deauville from there - and the SA's on both this trips were extremely accomodating. I think SA's are just human - they have bad days. And others, well, think they're superior because they work for a high end store. Really, they're nothing more than high end cashiers if you ask me ;) Don't let it get you down.

Omg, I'm so sorry!! I really dislike rude people in general and stories like this really make me cringe!! Definently complain. I always do and even if I dont get anything back, just the satisfaction of knowing that someone will tell them about their little attitude is enough for me. Luckily I was soooooo lucky to get my SA michelle, she was so helpful and so sweet. But I have walked in to a few LV stores where the SA's have been a little slow to help me, but once they do they're pretty good..

I have never had a problem with the 5th ave staff, but these people work in LV they do not own it! And the way they treated you after that long drive that you had is horrible, sorry for your experience and maybe you should go to the boutique in soho, the staff is ever so kind there!

Update: I called the store and spoke with a manager. I also talked to someone at the 1-866 number. They were both (especialy the store manager) like.."Well, we're sorry (unapologetic tone of voice) for your experience, and we hope you will return as a customer again!" The 1-866 person explained that there were SAs hired for the season. Neither of them sounded like they minded very much about the poor service or my hurt feelings. Made me unhappy all over again...

Now what?

I'm angry about this entire thing. What a pathetic response. One last try might be a letter to a corporate address, if you can find it (or call the 866 number and ask where to write). It may be ignored again, but you will have done everything you can. Other New Yorkers have had suggestions of much nicer places to shop LV, but I know you want to go where the selection is the best.

This doesn't make LV look very good at all. You may decide to take more action, but please don't lose one minute of sleep over how they treated you--they are ignorant, classless people, and you are the one who acted with dignity.

I'm so sorry for you... I think you have to call 866 and explain them the situation. I always buy my Vuitton in Paris at the Champs Elysées store and they have never treated me badly. I really think that it is NOT normal to be teated like that.

Sorry if my english is wrong.

That's awful! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I can't believe she could be so blatantly rude like that! I hope it doesn't spoil your LV experience forever :cursing:

but just remember there's always elux- no snotty SA's to worry about and you can browse as long as you want :yes:

Sorry ppl, this is going to be a long rant...:shame:

medhavini,:flowers::flowers:

I am sincerely sorry for the way the SAs at LV have treated you being your first time experience. No one, regardless of race, age, sex, or class should be subjected to this type of abhorrent treatment.

Please do not allow this rude behavior which is obviously innate in all SAs in LV establishments to deter you from being a first time customer or a season veteran of LV, people.:flowers:

I can commiserate with everyone here whom all have had bad first time experiences with LV.

My first experience way back when LV was but a little known brand in the USA. There were no boutiques back in the 70's. If you wanted LV you have to have a very prominent and wealthy relative vacationing in France to bring you back a souvenir or token gift. Back then the only place to find an LV was through an exclusive luggage store and it was struggling to make a place in the American consumer market. The very first boutique in my neighborhood open in the late 70's and early 80's, they were rude and discriminatory back then already. The average person could not even walk into the establishment without a rude awakening behind locked doors. Yes, the doors were locked! If the SAs did not want to serve you they just ignore you while you stood outside waiting for admittance. It was humiliating to say the least that I was subjected to a 30 minute wait while they snickered, sneered, and chit chat amongst themselves. They did not deem me as worthy or wealthy enough to walk the hallow ground on which LV opened it's first store in my city. I didn't let that incident stop me from shopping at LV. I became even more aggressively determine to shop at LV. After all I am the paying customer with the cash, check, savings, or credit card that is going to purchase an article or articles from this premier establishment.

This however should not stop us from pursuing our passion. We are the customer buying LV products and not the SAs who are merely employed by the establishment. It's not right that we have to cower and sneak around to another store just to buy a purse!

My apologies if this offends any SAs here at the forum.

Update: I called the store and spoke with a manager. I also talked to someone at the 1-866 number. They were both (especialy the store manager) like.."Well, we're sorry (unapologetic tone of voice) for your experience, and we hope you will return as a customer again!" The 1-866 person explained that there were SAs hired for the season. Neither of them sounded like they minded very much about the poor service or my hurt feelings. Made me unhappy all over again...

Now what?

Now what?

OMG!!! That's horrible!!! I would write a formal letter of complaint to the store and to LV coporate. Also, someone here had an awful experience at another LV store(I believe it was the Copley Center in Boston---can't remember who the Pfer was---she had probs buying her Damier Azur Speedy 30---perhaps do a search for bad service Copley or Azur). Anyways, she had a very bad experience and she contacted someone she knew at LV CS and got a good response. I would PM her for that person's name so you can appeal directly to someone who will acknowledge what happened to you and will do something about it.:yes:

Sorry ppl, this is going to be a long rant...:shame:

medhavini,:flowers::flowers:

I am sincerely sorry for the way the SAs at LV have treated you being your first time experience. No one, regardless of race, age, sex, or class should be subjected to this type of abhorrent treatment.

Please do not allow this rude behavior which is obviously innate in all SAs in LV establishments to deter you from being a first time customer or a season veteran of LV, people.:flowers:

I can commiserate with everyone here whom all have had bad first time experiences with LV.

My first experience way back when LV was but a little known brand in the USA. There were no boutiques back in the 70's. If you wanted LV you have to have a very prominent and wealthy relative vacationing in France to bring you back a souvenir or token gift. Back then the only place to find an LV was through an exclusive luggage store and it was struggling to make a place in the American consumer market. The very first boutique in my neighborhood open in the late 70's and early 80's, they were rude and discriminatory back then already. The average person could not even walk into the establishment without a rude awakening behind locked doors. Yes, the doors were locked! If the SAs did not want to serve you they just ignore you while you stood outside waiting for admittance. It was humiliating to say the least that I was subjected to a 30 minute wait while they snickered, sneered, and chit chat amongst themselves. They did not deem me as worthy or wealthy enough to walk the hallow ground on which LV opened it's first store in my city. I didn't let that incident stop me from shopping at LV. I became even more aggressively determine to shop at LV. After all I am the paying customer with the cash, check, savings, or credit card that is going to purchase an article or articles from this premier establishment.

This however should not stop us from pursuing our passion. We are the customer buying LV products and not the SAs who are merely employed by the establishment. It's not right that we have to cower and sneak around to another store just to buy a purse!

My apologies if this offends any SAs here at the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience of having to wait 30 minutes before they let you in. I would have been out of there in 1. As for everyone else's horrible experiences with LV and it's SA's "attitude---is buying a purse so important that we are willing to shed every ounce of our dignity and pride and sense of self? I guess I just don't understand this. I have made up my mind about LV---it just ain't worth it. I am voting with my dollars and going elsewhere. Life is too short and too sweet and there are tons of other very well made, very beautiful bags out there.