Backup mini pochette dilemma

Chial819

Aug 19, 2019
Hi everyone! I recently ordered a DE mini pochette to have as a backup for when my current one from 2013 eventually wears out. Decided I might as well buy now before a price increase and bc preloved prices are insane.

Now that I’ve received it, I’m second guessing if mono would have been a better choice:

(TL;DR: Main concerns are about how mono vs DE ages, and whether it is redundant to have both a mini and bucket pochette in mono)
  • Mono print fades less visibly compared to DE. (Don’t care about vachetta bc it can be replaced.)
  • I hear quality has changed in recent years - does anyone have issues with their newer DE pieces fading more quickly/noticeably than older ones?
  • I have the bigger bucket pochette in mono. Is also having the mini in mono too redundant? (Pic below)
  • Mono is more “flashy” - the pochette would mostly stay in my bag but I’d feel strange taking it out at work for example.
  • BUT the DE piece I received has no flaws and a mini pochette in any print is hard to come by, so maybe I should stick with it.
I’m definitely overthinking but I’d love to hear your thoughts. TIA :smile:

edit to add: the DE below is my current/old pochette and wanted to share the size of the bucket pochette for opinions on redundancy

F27DC033-66B7-43F7-9A06-02D60D907906.jpeg

Last edited:
What condition do you keep your pieces in? I have an LV bag from many years ago I use all the time and it's still in great condition. I find it very strange that it has worn out to the point you need a new one.
I also think mono is flashy but this piece is small so it isn't too much IMO. Also some people like matching their bags to their SLGs while some don't, it's personal preference.

What condition do you keep your pieces in? I have an LV bag from many years ago I use all the time and it's still in great condition. I find it very strange that it has worn out to the point you need a new one.
I also think mono is flashy but this piece is small so it isn't too much IMO. Also some people like matching their bags to their SLGs while some don't, it's personal preference.

The one I have is still in good condition (it’s the one in the photo). I got the new pochette as backup for when it wears out, which I assume it inevitably will at some point down the line. Thanks for your response!

I agreed with you the preloved and prices for these pieces is crazy. Looking up yesterday on Ebay at between $450 - $700 for brand new. If you can afford, I say you keep it. You can always sell it later, give to your love one or switch them out. If you take care of your stuff good, am sure it will last very long time. Getting DE or Mono is just a preference. I myself like DE because it is not too flashy, but my mom love Mono because LV is very where hahaha. Perhaps, get both if you can afford them. :biggrin: ;)

I agreed with you the preloved and prices for these pieces is crazy. Looking up yesterday on Ebay at between $450 - $700 for brand new. If you can afford, I say you keep it. You can always sell it later, give to your love one or switch them out. If you take care of your stuff good, am sure it will last very long time. Getting DE or Mono is just a preference. I myself like DE because it is not too flashy, but my mom love Mono because LV is very where hahaha. Perhaps, get both if you can afford them. :biggrin: ;)

Thanks for your input! I also generally prefer the DE and you’re right, I can always sell it later on. Plus, I might not have to retire my current pochette for years and might change my mind when the time comes. No point stressing too much over it now. Buying both would definitely be a solution tho :angel: