Baby Spy on BlueFly

TammyD said:
What a great buy, Mos, $800!! I can't believe it. Congrats!!!

Thanks Tammy. BLuefly had it once for 1100 (after 20%). I ordered it and paid, then got an email form them saying its not in stock. I was like a mad woman. I called every store in town.....till I found Bloomingdale's. And I got it for that incredible price...Merit of the story....when things are meant to be, they will be...but maybe will take time.:smile: :smile:

I have been using the baby zucca for some time and I noticed that it's having the same problem as before. For those who have this bag, please help me out here and give me some advice.

When we carry the bag, we tend to hook it on our arm and the bag will rub against our hip area. Do you notice any job in color on the lamb skin area. Mine did and now I see patches of faded brown especially on areas where it is prone to rubbing against each other. Is it normal??

The reason I return my first bag was becos of that problem and they mentioned that it was a discoloration. Now I'm thinking of bringing it back once more to be sure.

I have taken close up shots of the discoloration. Does it happen to yours? PLS advise..

Attachments

• 08-07-06_1713.jpg
    08-07-06_1713.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 08-07-06_1716.jpg
    08-07-06_1716.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 08-07-06_1711.jpg
    08-07-06_1711.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 101
I haven't noticed any discoloration on mine. BUT! I have only carried it once for a few hours, so I may not be helpful. Maybe the other members who have had it for a while and use it frequently can help!

I called them up and I think they are still waiting for Italy to reply about this matter. Whether or not the color drop is natural or not is still a mystery but I have a gut feeling that it is part of the process with prolong usage. It can't be that for every bag they change will have the same problem unless im so freeking unlucky. But I know that nappa leather is very soft and fragile, so it may not be a surprise that the color on it may fall off easily too.

fuyumi,
This problem has been reported for past season cognacs (Fendi re-formulated the cognac spy for SS 06, so it now has a shiny coating to prevent dye wear), and I'm not surprised that you've experienced it with the chocolate brown leather.

I've heard from Fendi SA's that it's an intentional effect to give the bags a vintage look, but personally I don't buy it, and think it's just a sign of a lack of thought (and culpability) on their part. Especially since they re-formulated the cognac to help prevent early wear.

I've also heard that Apple Garde on the worn spots seem to help slow down the wear. However, don't treat the rest of the bag because it is delicate nappa.

That sucks! Is that what I have to look forward after a few uses with my bag? Why shouldn't I aplly apple garde all over the bag to prevent this?

chag said:
I just got my baby spy, it's adorable. And huge!! I don't think I carry enough stuff to fill it up even :amuse:. I got it from Bluefly for 1040.00 I don't have any issues with them. I think they just got a load of BBags that didn't quite work out. Here's some photos

OOOOOOOOOOOh. I love this white baby spy !!!!!!!!
Its sold out at my local store :hysteric:

I may get this instead .. http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2027446075&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=677

The Sales girls asked me to bring it back to the boutique but I yet to have time to head down. Maybe on friday. I have no idea how they are going to compensate me this time. Will give further updates on that.

It is weird why they did not do the same coating for the current bags since they are aware of this problem. I was told by the boutique that I was the first customer with this problem (I somehow didn't quite believe) but the Sales girl has been quite nice so far. But I'm not sure if I could live with such patches since it kinda looks uneven and all. What a pity cos the design and size is exactly what I was looking for.

hi, im new to this forum & just wanted to say that i signed up just 2 days ago & im majorly hooked on this site!!! this certain thread has me hooked on the baby spy now. I liked the bigger spy's but when my friend recently got one (she was the one that got the wisteria flower style & got a stain on it!!! she even posted on the fendi thread to get advice on how to get it out), I thought it was too big. just wondering if this bag that i found on ebay is fake. i don't know much about fake fendi spy bags. thanks!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Auth-New-FENDI-mini-SPY-BAG-Satchel-BLACK-and-BEAUTIFUL_W0QQitemZ140006274694QQihZ004QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hi guys, I just got my Fendi Spy yesterday, and thought you would like to see piccies. Its a Cognac Spy :smile:
spy1.jpg

fendispyhold4.jpg

I would love to have a puffer-fish spy (that's what it's called in Asia)! How come I never get to come across these marvellous sales and deals like you ladies do!!! WOe.