Baby Cabas knockoff *sigh* at Lord & Taylor

I saw a lady carrying a cabas knockoff yesterday when I walked on 34th street near Macy in NYC. The funny thing was that I was wearing my vinyl cabas at that time. She was walking in front of me with a vinyl bag with golden chain. The funnier thing is how I felt that moment. I was embarrased. Embarrassed! I wanted to hide myself and my bag somewhere. I do not understand my reaction but that is how I always feel when I run into someone with a knock off while myself wearing a real thing. It feels like I am the one who got caught wearing a fake one. In NYC I get into the situation a lot! Last year you could find vendors which sold knock off balenciaga bags in Soho. And I run into girls carrying fake balenciagas every corner of streets on 6th avenue. I felt so embarrased that I wanted to hide my real balenciaga bag when these girls were proudly walking with their fakes.

OMG!!!! those are awful!!! what's wrong with this companies? don't they feel ashamed??? with knock offs at least they don't claim it as their idea and designs.
but with these companied, they "dare" to claim!!!! :wtf:

oh no, because of all these inspired versions, i dont seem to be as much in love with the cabas anymore.. is that a bad thing?

yep, that's how i'm feeling too. i worked so hard to get myself on the wait list, but now seeing all thes fakes coming out, it really has dampened my excitement to the point where i'm wondering if i should get it oir not

Keep in mind that the baby cabas is almost $2K...a lot of girls who like the design can't afford the real thing.

Bears repeating. I realize that the design might hit a little too close to home, but people who can't afford $2k bags want to be able to rock the style too. Sure they are a little blinged out and look kinda tacky, but who are we to say they can't have a purse that looks similar to the cabas? As with all hot bags, inspired versions are bound to happen. Why be so surprised?

As long as there isn't a knocked off Chanel logo on it, I don't see a problem with these cabas-inspired styles. Who knows, maybe the cabas happens to be inspired from another bag design?

Keep in mind that the baby cabas is almost $2K...a lot of girls who like the design can't afford the real thing.

I agree with you to some level - it is better to carry an inspired than a replica. Although I know Nine West for sure has countless inspired Chanel items and some of them are not inspired - they're just like Chanel to the stitching and detailing. Many low-end designers do it and it's just bothering because they're relying on the high-end designers for their new products.