B Ban Island Club

I search for them in my daily rounds of all of the consignment sites and Ebay :P I am looking forward to the Bal store opening in the Bay Area sometime soon so that I can try them on, I have no idea what size I am in a moto. Probably a good thing...

My ban is going to last until November at the very least. How about you all? How long will you be staying on the island?

Originally, I had told myself until August. That was me declaring a bag ban which supposedly started during the end of April though, but I broke it within a few weeks. :sad: Now though, I'm going to try for October. If I'm being honest with myself, I don't need any more (I am sure it's the same for most, if not everyone, here on Ban Island). I just have to be strong! :graucho:

I did do a reveal at the BV forum, rainneday :biggrin: I am amazed at your ability to spot great Bals, seriously (I may have told you more than once before) - and everything you are saying about you being such a visual person fits into that observation of mine. Bals are so addictive, and though I LOVE Bal, I have to admit YOU were bitten by the Bal bug even worse than me (way worse!) ! ;) And your talent for finding good Bbags should be shared as you have - you certainly helped me (and I believe some others in the Bal sub-forum as well)!!!

I LOVE my Furla. It's so hassle-free, the color is fun, and the material is such a novelty to me (it's my one and only rubber bag). The price point is also great (especially compared to Bals and Prada, which are my top 2) - although I've had some reactions of "How can you spend so much for rubber?!" I don't take that against them, I think they really just don't get it, which I can understand :lol: It's not like I'm planning to start a collection of the rubber bags - it's my one bag, a lovely novelty bag that's also hassle-free and just fun! Uh-oh... that was not me encouraging you, BTW

Lalala...the sounds of the crashing waves are drowning out your very rational and alluring reasons that a Furla should be in my possession
right now.

Post a link!!! :biggrin: Hahaha we are starving for some fresh caught bags here on the island. Doesn't need to be a B Bag. ;)
Thank you for the nice post, that is very sweet of you to say. If I could turn that skill it into a paying job, I would :P They say, do what you love...hahahaha. Oh boy.
I was bitten quite hard! There is no inoculation for this so they have me quarantined here on this island. I purchased 10 bags B Bags between Feb of last year and uhmm...yesterday. My Dh was joking with me last night, "Well, when the kids ask about college we can just tell them that they can get a masters from U of B (Balenciaga)." :lol: :blush: In actuality, they have already divvied up my bags.

Originally, I had told myself until August. That was me declaring a bag ban which supposedly started during the end of April though, but I broke it within a few weeks. :sad: Now though, I'm going to try for October. If I'm being honest with myself, I don't need any more (I am sure it's the same for most, if not everyone, here on Ban Island). I just have to be strong! :graucho:

:tup: I will def be here with you until October.

I was thinking about this too... I think I'm going to shoot for October because I get my yearly work bonus that month and not that its that much but, I know what I will want to be spending that money on. If I can manage to hold off and use that money for something good (I.e. debt) then I imagine November with all the black Friday going on will be my breaking point.

Lalala...the sounds of the crashing waves are drowning out your very rational and alluring reasons that a Furla should be in my possessionright now.

Post a link!!! :biggrin: Hahaha we are starving for some fresh caught bags here on the island. Doesn't need to be a B Bag. ;)
Thank you for the nice post, that is very sweet of you to say. If I could turn that skill it into a paying job, I would :P They say, do what you love...hahahaha. Oh boy.
I was bitten quite hard! There is no inoculation for this so they have me quarantined here on this island. I purchased 10 bags B Bags between Feb of last year and uhmm...yesterday. My Dh was joking with me last night, "Well, when the kids ask about college we can just tell them that they can get a masters from U of B (Balenciaga)." :blush: In actuality, they have already divvied up my bags.

TEN bags?! Whoa!!! :nuts: Your DH seems supportive of your hobby though - good for you! :biggrin: My DH is also supportive, he sometimes gets me a handbag for a special occasion, and he doesn't police my spending on my bags (I suppose it helps that I make my own money). I want to control myself though! So here I am, with all you other lovely people, on Ban Island :lol:

What link do you want me to post, rainneday? ;)

I was thinking about this too... I think I'm going to shoot for October because I get my yearly work bonus that month and not that its that much but, I know what I will want to be spending that money on. If I can manage to hold off and use that money for something good (I.e. debt) then I imagine November with all the black Friday going on will be my breaking point.

Sounds good! Looks like you, rainneday and I will be here until around October :cool:

True about Black Friday and then the after the holidays sales too. It looks like we will all be here for a while.

TEN bags?! Whoa!!! :nuts: Your DH seems supportive of your hobby though - good for you! :biggrin: My DH is also supportive, he sometimes gets me a handbag for a special occasion, and he doesn't police my spending on my bags (I suppose it helps that I make my own money). I want to control myself though! So here I am, with all you other lovely people, on Ban Island :lol:

What link do you want me to post, rainneday? ;)

Oh, the link to your BV reveal!

Yup, 10, I know...I know...
Only 3 of those were new though, 2 Velos and 1 Toolkit. *swear word* I kind of can't believe I own that many.
Yes, Dh is supportive, the past few years were hard on us (as a family) for a multitude of reasons, so I think he figures I am owed some time to spoil myself. I'm not going to argue with that!
I would LOVE to receive a handbag from my Dh, he isn't really the type to research them though. He did tell me that he had been hunting down a Bal Boobie (planet, pod) for me since January but never found one for sale. He had intended to give one to me on Mother's Day.

Oh, the link to your BV reveal!

Yup, 10, I know...I know...
Only 3 of those were new though, 2 Velos and 1 Toolkit. *swear word* I kind of can't believe I own that many.
Yes, Dh is supportive, the past few years were hard on us (as a family) for a multitude of reasons, so I think he figures I am owed some time to spoil myself. I'm not going to argue with that!
I would LOVE to receive a handbag from my Dh, he isn't really the type to research them though. He did tell me that he had been hunting down a Bal Boobie (planet, pod) for me since January but never found one for sale. He had intended to give one to me on Mother's Day.

Very sweet of DH! The effort counts for a LOT - and him wanting to spoil you is a big plus ;)

Here's the link to my BV reveal: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/reveal-oldie-but-goodie-bv-868873.html

I kind of freaked out at first when I saw the bag since it was clearly pre-loved - in good shape, but clearly used. I was the kind who would buy bags brand-new in-store only before (which is why my Bals prior to RT were all bought brand-new), and I just recently started buying pre-loved/vintage online. I'm glad I've branched out... I wouldn't have gotten my hands on the RT if I hadn't! Plus, I've gotten used to the BV's condition after some time looking at it... and it adds to its charm. It's quite a lovely bag! :biggrin:

Chiming in as a voice of restraint, possibly a straitjacket! After an exhausting day of paddling in the waves, and occasionally drinking fruity drinks with tiny paper umbrellas, I have completed our B Ban Island Motor cross. The challenge is simple, the competition potentially intense. Each week we respectively have to tally the number of times we wore our Bals the past week. It doesn't always have to be the same one ( because realistically, ladies, none of us would be here if we only owned one bag!) It should be fun and an exercise in positive reinforcement, as well as a reminder of all the lovely
Bals we already own! As always, I'll be in the bar....

:drinkup:

Chiming in as a voice of restraint, possibly a straitjacket! After an exhausting day of paddling in the waves, and occasionally drinking fruity drinks with tiny paper umbrellas, I have completed our B Ban Island Motor cross. The challenge is simple, the competition potentially intense. Each week we respectively have to tally the number of times we wore our Bals the past week. It doesn't always have to be the same one ( because realistically, ladies, none of us would be here if we only owned one bag!) It should be fun and an exercise in positive reinforcement, as well as a reminder of all the lovely

Great idea! Count me in! :biggrin: Joining you in the bar now :cool:

Great idea! Count me in! :biggrin: Joining you in the bar now :cool:

Lovely! The first round's on me. Each week the winning bag will be the one with the most "mileage" (i.e. use). In the case of a tie, the hazards faced (public transit, sticky children etc.) will be factored in. The owner of the winning bag will be awarded a week of leisure on our Island paradise while the rest of us attend to the daily mundane chores, fanning the palms, milking the coconuts, and so on....

Lovely! The first round's on me. Each week the winning bag will be the one with the most "mileage" (i.e. use). In the case of a tie, the hazards faced (public transit, sticky children etc.) will be factored in. The owner of the winning bag will be awarded a week of leisure on our Island paradise while the rest of us attend to the daily mundane chores, fanning the palms, milking the coconuts, and so on....

HAHAHA!!! :roflmfao:

Okay - I agree to your terms! :lol:

I'm in but I must warn you ladies I only have two Bals one of whom I'm planning to use as a pretty regular driver throughout the summer... So I may be at an unfair advantage... But maybe this will inspire me to be better at rotating bags regularly as I tend to carry one bag sometimes for months on end :smile:

Very sweet of DH! The effort counts for a LOT - and him wanting to spoil you is a big plus ;)

Here's the link to my BV reveal: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/reveal-oldie-but-goodie-bv-868873.html

I kind of freaked out at first when I saw the bag since it was clearly pre-loved - in good shape, but clearly used. I was the kind who would buy bags brand-new in-store only before (which is why my Bals prior to RT were all bought brand-new), and I just recently started buying pre-loved/vintage online. I'm glad I've branched out... I wouldn't have gotten my hands on the RT if I hadn't! Plus, I've gotten used to the BV's condition after some time looking at it... and it adds to its charm. It's quite a lovely bag! :biggrin:

Yes, points for trying!

I commented on your thread but will say it here too, that is a beautiful robin's egg blue! I looove that color. I am tempted by a B Bag in the Blue Layette that is on Ebay right now (do you want to see it? :graucho:). I think that color can go with so many outfits; jeans, black pants, a black dress, any sort of beige neutral. BV bags are so beautiful, sigh...

Didjus...ay..*hiccup*....weave to tally...ourbbbbags....??? *hiccup* I'm innnnnnn! ;) pazz me therum.:drinkup:

(Really though, fun idea. So, the bag that gets the most use wins? When do we start?)