Azur or ebene speedy 30?

Spicy87

O.G.
Aug 19, 2009
I've opened a thread a few days ago, asking for advice on my first LV bag purchase.
Many of you said that the black epi speedy would be a great choice, but I've decided to save that one for later!;)

Right now I have to decide between the damier ebene and the azur speedy 30.

I've already done searches for both of those bags on here and came across some issues with the handles peeling off on the damier ebene speedy. Does that still happen or was it just a bad batch last year?

As for the azur, I'm a bit afraid of colour transfer, since I'm a blue jeans girl. :biggrin: Is there a huge risk of that? Can "normal" dirt be cleaned off easily?

I hope you can give me some advice one more time! I might get one of these beauties in a little more than two weeks, or I might wait and save some money a little longer.:graucho:

Last edited:
I'm the big Damier Ebene Fan, so I vote for the Ebene. I still don't own anything from the Azur line becuase I don't like the way the Speedy looks once the handles turned patina. I'm also a jeans kinda gal, so color transfer will happen on a light color bag.

I'm the big Damier Ebene Fan, so I vote for the Ebene. I still don't own anything from the Azur line becuase I don't like the way the Speedy looks once the handles turned patina. I'm also a jeans kinda gal, so color transfer will happen on a light color bag.

Thanks! I'm leaning towards the ebene as well, for the colour transfer reason. Do you know happen to know if there are still issues with the handles?

Thanks to everyone else who's responded! This is a really hard decision. :nuts:

haha,,, you're getting like 50/50 responses here I say go with Ebene b/c of the transfer reason. :smile: And you don't have to worry about the patina of the handles. I don't own any ebene,, so I'm not too sure if there's issues with peeling still happening. Good Luck on your decision. let us know what you decide....