Aww Shucks! I'm Going Back to Ban Island Soon

ThisVNchick

SGN<->SF<->DC<->CDG
O.G.
May 7, 2008
As the title states, this will probably be my last major reveal for a couple of months (good thing I've previewed the new items up until July and there's nothing left to add to my wish list). The Dior will be appropriately revealed on the Dior subforum, if anyone is interested in an after treat :graucho:

Here goes :smile:

So 2 weeks ago, I decided that I needed a new wallet, something compact, something I can toss around. The first thing that came to my mind was something canvas that I would not have to baby. I headed out to my local boutique and ended up purchasing a vert mono Josephine. While at the boutique, I was viewing the look-book and saw that the Josephine was coming out in Epi! Now, I am such a sucker for leather pieces (although I own more than I could possibly use) but the price point was very tempting, so I asked my SA ring me up when the pieces came in (the look-book said the wallet would debut in July). Luckily, I went onto the website last week to check out the new online releases and saw that the epi Josephine was released as well! I quickly texted my SA and she said she would put the only two pieces that the store got in on hold for me to look and buy.

So here are my new pieces: piment and fuchsia. I also have an indigo on the way (there are only 8 indigo left in the US BTW). These pieces are limited, so if you are borderline about them, go check them out now! I was told that these are the "new" epi leathers. The difference: the new epi is completely calfskin while the old epi was calfskin mixed with bull calf. There is a difference in feel. The old epi leather definitely felt stiffer while the new epi is more pliable. Either way, at $585 a piece for a full leather wallet, that's a steal in my LV book!

**Also note, the epi Josephine now comes with two smaller upper slit compartments, which I think is more practical. The old Josephine also came with two, but one was a super long/deep compartment on top (I was never too sure what I could use it for). As for colors, I know some people were waiting on a hot pink (true fuchsia), I asked my SA and she said this is the only fuchsia that LV is expecting to release. The color in the look-book that I took awhile back and posted, she said it was just the way they took the picture (color might be off). She highly doubts that there will be a hot pink. I was bummed as well.

Last edited:
Now onto the big one. About a week or two ago, I did a reveal for my cobalt/fuchsia capucines. If you read that post, you knew how obsessed I was with the color combination. So when it was available in another style, I quickly jumped on the opportunity to purchase one. According to my SA, there is currently only 3 in the US (more will be shipped). But these are in such high demand that there's no waiting period. Basically, if your reservation comes in and you're not ready to pay, it goes to the next person on the list (this could mean that the bag might have to be transferred to a different location where the client lives). I was actually number 2 on the wait list at my store. The person who was number one was called earlier today when the bag arrived and she told my SA she wasn't sure yet. When I came in, I was immediately offered to buy this bag. The store manager said that corporate was extremely strict about selling these bags as they become available in the boutique. She also said that if I wasn't prepared to buy, she would have to ship this bag out tomorrow to a different location and that I might not have the opportunity to purchase one later on (because I would be lower down on the wait list). I guess it was meant to be and here she is: SC PM cobalt/fuchsia.