Average Size of American Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish designers made pants that just suits you, not just skinny straight or really baggy, its hard finding a 24' pants with a 33-35 waist, and they are all so tight its like hello how do we breath, if only there was a designer that could design pants like that, but not baggy or anything. oh well, thats why you gotta love bags lol, one size fits all.

i love sports lol so i play tennis and then for both seasons track, but its so draining though, emotionally and physically, ive never seen so many people break down like they have, but this year even though its pretty late, i might join lacrosse, because it was so hard last year, not the practices but with exams and family issues, and pretty much life, it at times is just so AHHH because its you vs everyone, not a team sport, but yeah, man do i want some curves instead of looking like a man in profile lol.

Hi!! I once read a book about eating disorders (suffered from bulimia in High School and College), and one of the things I got out of it is you have to like your body.

I've always been slightly curvy, but I am short- only five feet tall. I've been up and down in weight- very thin in College- to 60 lbs overweight. Right now I am 30, just lost ten, and taking it very slow. The weird thing is- I can loose weight all over, but never in my boobs. I don't know why. They got up to a DD and they just won't get smaller no matter what I do. I'm going to try to loose the rest of the weight and if they haven't shrunk by then, they are going to get reduced.

How are your guys' strategy to lose weight? I have been trying but haven't lost at least the 10lbs I want to. What are you guys eating, or exercise? Please share!

I'm 20 years old. My measurements are 33-24-33.5. I weigh 115lbs and I am 5'7" tall.

My secret to being skinny? I go on a 5 mile bike ride outside every single day. Even in freezing weather. I also eat healthy and do not overeat. Not that I can. I am just a poor engineering college student. :Push:

Munchkyn said:
How are your guys' strategy to lose weight? I have been trying but haven't lost at least the 10lbs I want to. What are you guys eating, or exercise? Please share!

I am now a size zero,5'3". I used to be a size32 in my jeans 8 years ago, now I'm size 26 in my sevens. I way 102 pounds. I really worked hard to lose weight. It took me 6 months to lose 26 pounds the healthy way. I never felt better when I lost it and have maintained the weight loss all of these years. In my teens I never struggled with weight, I was naturally thin so when I gained alot in college it took me by surprise. Here's how I lost it. I bought the book "the fat counter". Counted every calorie I put in my mouth. Only had 26 grams of fat a day. I never went over 1200 calories a day. Alot of veggies, fruit, soup.... It was that simple because I had the will-power. I dreamt of food! There was no way I wasn't going to look my best in my twenty's! I worked out 3 times aweek for 1 hour. Good luck and get the weight your not pleased with out of your life! :P

Munchkyn said:

It's difficult, but it's all about making a lifestyle change. Almost 2 years ago I set out to lose the 20+ pounds I gained when I moved away from home to finish college (too much partying, beer and late night trips to Arby's :embarasse ). I kept a food log, writing down what I ate so I could see where I needed to make changes. I cut back on the alcohol and set one day aside where I could treat myself to whatever I wanted. I also started running and going to the gym regularly, taking Spinning classes and lifting weights (very important - muscle boosts your metabolism). I made sure I ate enough, probably around 1800 calories a day. It took 7 months to lose the weight.

If you really want to do it, I would write down what you eat for a week, and evaluate what you can change and where you can eat healthier foods. If you're new to working out, I would start small, cos making exercise a habit can be hard (I tried and failed way too many times). But if you're not, why not try something new? I do something different every now and then to keep things from getting boring.

kojiko said:
Oh man I wish I was good at sports. I've tried golf, tennis, racket ball, volleyball...I suck at it. Really really suck at sports. LOL

Kojiko, I consider shopping a contact sport!!!!LOL, but really, sometimes you burn a little something walking around with new purchases!!

In my mother's day sizes were MUCH different! First of all, I htink the smallest was an 8. Then there was the 10, 12, and ,14. From there you were into plus sizes! Remember, a size 12 was equivalent to an 8 today! So, what does that say about today't plus sizes, or size 0? I am hopeful that today's women are willing to see that "average" should be what is between too small and too big (according to the doctor's health charts!) That means that I wil be an aerage in about -50 pounds!:cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.