Authenticating at Chanel Store

Clopin

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
Has anyone ever taken a bag to the Chanel store to be authenticated? How exactly do you do this? Do you see a sales person or someone else? Do they charge for this?

Thanks! :idea:

It's against company policy for bags to be authenticated, but if you have a friendly relationship with an SA sometimes they may help. Also, I have heard that sometimes, some SA's may give it a quick look over, and state an opinion.

Well, I need to have a bag cleaned, so if I take it in to have it cleaned will they then say if it's real or not? Do they make sure all the bags they clean are authentic?

In Sydney Australia, only the manager or assistant manager is able to authenticate a bag, and ONLY if you have a Chanel receipt. I've had this done about three months ago.

Anita and Nicki from the US 1800-number say they certainly do authentications, but only if the bag was purchased from a Chanel boutique, and again, only if you have the original receipt (not a fax, nor a photocopy). this was from october 2006 so i don't know if company policy has changed since then.

hope that helps!