Authenticate This PRADA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's mine... and I have BROUGHT/RECEIVED/PAID for this... Although the seller claims i can get my money back if shown to be not authentic... / guarantees (shipping included)... (I have yet to leave positive feedback...). So i have figures doubly crossed.

If this is a border line, i was thinking a good way to check (w/o paying a huge fee) would be bringing it into a reputable consignment shop & seeing if they would take?? Let me know thoughts.... buyers remorse is on me and I keep going back & forth...

Ebay Link: (i think you guys can view if I won? only 4 days old or so)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320570285533&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

add'l pictures I took to be sure:

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

mail3.jpg

Hey ladies....I think these are authentic. But, it doesn't hurt to have more confirmation on the fact! :biggrin:
Item: Prada black and cork wedge sandals
Listing number:160464556428
Seller: bigbart66
Link: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160464556428
Comments:

Thanks!!! I'm not sure if this is an awesome deal....but, for a cdn, this is pretty good. :P

This needs to go over on the shoe subforum AT thread. We only do handbags and small leather accessories.

oh hell.. never doing this again.. Writing this letter to the dude... hopefully can get my money back..

Hi -
I had a few experts look at the bag to verify authenticity and they say it's not authentic. I'm taking it into a few designer consignment stores tomorrow which have experts on this as well. Where exactly did you get this bag from? Do you have any proof of purchase and was it direct from Prada or an authorized reseller?
It's my understanding some people do not know they are not selling the 'real deal'. However, if my trip tomorrow confirms what has been confirmed w/ close up pics etc., I will be asking for a refund and shipping back the bag. We can leave it at that - or get ebay/paypal/authorities etc. involved.

Anyone have experience w/ fighting to get $$ back from pay pal / ebay?

oh hell.. never doing this again.. Writing this letter to the dude... hopefully can get my money back..

Hi -
I had a few experts look at the bag to verify authenticity and they say it's not authentic. I'm taking it into a few designer consignment stores tomorrow which have experts on this as well. Where exactly did you get this bag from? Do you have any proof of purchase and was it direct from Prada or an authorized reseller?
It's my understanding some people do not know they are not selling the 'real deal'. However, if my trip tomorrow confirms what has been confirmed w/ close up pics etc., I will be asking for a refund and shipping back the bag. We can leave it at that - or get ebay/paypal/authorities etc. involved.

Anyone have experience w/ fighting to get $$ back from pay pal / ebay?

I really don't understand why you're going to all these additional lengths to verify what is clearly a fake bag. File a chargeback with your credit card company, get your money back and be done with it.

File a chargeback with your credit card company. If it's AMEX, you're home free.

it is!! i heart my amex!! hopefully w/ ebay/pay-pal/amex on my side I'm home free even if this guy turns out to be a douche.. I can return this clunker, and tomorrow I'll head out to Rodeo and put the $450 I dished out to much more rewarding use.. worry free. (worth the extra $ I will pay).

I'm going to tread so much lighter when buying online and only buy from reputable purse forum approved sources...

Thank you so much Prada Psycho... All the people who are here helping people w/ authenicating stuff are SAINTS!

I really don't understand why you're going to all these additional lengths to verify what is clearly a fake bag. File a chargeback with your credit card company, get your money back and be done with it.

wasn't really trying to double verify, i trust you're correct.. I just was prepping for any arguments from the dude on him trying to deny it and start my defenses for an uphill battle w/ him. However, I think you are correct that it doesn't matter if he agrees or not w/ the amex/paypal/ebay angle, they will support me if I was not sold what I was told I was being sold.

it is!! i heart my amex!! hopefully w/ ebay/pay-pal/amex on my side I'm home free even if this guy turns out to be a douche.. I can return this clunker, and tomorrow I'll head out to Rodeo and put the $450 I dished out to much more rewarding use.. worry free. (worth the extra $ I will pay).

I'm going to tread so much lighter when buying online and only buy from reputable purse forum approved sources...

Thank you so much Prada Psycho... All the people who are here helping people w/ authenicating stuff are SAINTS!

wasn't really trying to double verify, i trust you're correct.. I just was prepping for any arguments from the dude on him trying to deny it and start my defenses for an uphill battle w/ him. However, I think you are correct that it doesn't matter if he agrees or not w/ the amex/paypal/ebay angle, they will support me if I was not sold what I was told I was being sold.

Yes, AMEX is definitely THE best!! I use it for all my eBay purchases. Just make sure you document every single detail, forward every email/eBay message, etc. you have. The more you provide AMEX the faster they can get your money back.

The one bone I'll toss this seller is the same bone I toss to other small scale sellers: this person could have purchased this fake and truly believed it was authentic. This is why sellers in this situation get so defensive. Not only have they unintentionally scammed the buyer (and will have to make good on it) they too, were scammed. We had a case a while back where the seller refunded the buyer, THEN went after the person that sold her the bag.

Counterfeiters suck. Period. I hate the industry SO MUCH! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.