Authenticate This Marni

Just won this auction and want to check with you guys what you think of this MARNI http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170264907718&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Hi,
I don't know if you've already paid yet, but I would ask for more close-ups of the MARNI label inside the bag and the strap, because to me, there is something off looking about the font used. It looks like the letters are too narrow and the N and the I don't look properly aligned.
I own a lot of Marni pieces, but only one or two bags and a wallet. I don't have a balloon bag, but I can see that the leather is not the same natural tan leather that Marni normally use. Also, the leather zipper puller looks heavy and not as elegant and delicate as is normally found on a Marni bag/purse.
You should ask for close-ups of the strap too, as this should have a Marni imprint on the metal hardware.
I know that there were several balloon bag copies a year or more ago, particularly after Cameron Diaz was snapped with her yellow version. They came from the far east and many were fooled by them. However, this is an updated version of the original, but I'm sure they're still making them.
My advice: get as many photos as possible before paying. Hope it helps.
Best of luck :shrugs:

hi there,

please let me know if the link below is of an authentic marni bag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300260232680

i have never owned a marni bag... any help would greatly be appreciated!

Hi,
yes. This is absolutely authentic, and comes from the Spring/Summer 2003 collection. This was arguably Marni's very best collection. I have loads of pieces from this collection. All items are very rare and much sought after,so much so that most pieces are now collector's items. Don't have any worries about this bag, she's beautiful and rare.
Good luck :tup:

Hi,
everything about the bag looks authentic, except the quality of stitching on the MARNI label. The red thread seems very bobbly and knotted, as though the sewing machine tension is all wrong, or caught on the canvas label. This is something small, however, I've never seen such a messily sewn label on authentic Marni. :wtf:
Other than that, the detailing (such as the topstitched seams) seems excellent and up to Marni standards. The thing is, the bag's black, so a lot of the detailing would be lost by the computer monitor. I don't think I've ever seen this style of bag faked - it's normally the balloon style. Also, the bag has been well-used. Most fakes are presented to buyers new. I'd say that you should check her feedback, but it looks pretty good to me. Also, she's confident enough to show many close-ups of the bag, a good sign:yes:

Hi! I hope this is the right place to place this request! (i'm a newbie)

Could someone help me with this MARNI please?

I know it's too late, but I didn't know that tPF tackled Marni. I'm glad I discovered that they do:yahoo:
Anyway, yes, the bag is absolutely authentic. Of all the fakes I've ever seen, I've never known them to be able to reproduce the Marni card swing tickets. That's an absolute clincher.:tup:
The leather is sumptuous on this bag, and the detailing is Marni flawless. Did you bid? Did you win? I hope you did. Whoever won this bag will be very happy with her. She's lovely.:woohoo:

Marni are difficult to authenticate but there are not many fakes around. Mushroom city ( ebay shop ) are quite hekpful with authentication.

As far as this bag goes, it compares well with my Marni bags but I am not sure about the lining. I dont have this style but all my Marni bags are suede lined and this appears to be lined in cotton.

I agree with moi et mes sacs, there aren't many Marni fakes. Most fakes come from China and the far east, so beware. Mushroom city is eBay's most reliable seller of Marni. She says she gets her purchases directly from Milan and there's no reason to doubt it. I've bought a few purchases from her over the years and have never been disappointed.:yes:

I must say that not all Marni bags feature suede linings. I think the older versions do, but the more recent, post S/S 2004 feature cotton linings. Look for the detailing such as the embossing on the hardware, clean topstitching, supple leather, and the leather and canvas stitched Marni label sewn inside the bag. :smile:

I agree with moi et mes sacs, there aren't many Marni fakes. Most fakes come from China and the far east, so beware. Mushroom city is eBay's most reliable seller of Marni. She says she gets her purchases directly from Milan and there's no reason to doubt it. I've bought a few purchases from her over the years and have never been disappointed.:yes:

I must say that not all Marni bags feature suede linings. I think the older versions do, but the more recent, post S/S 2004 feature cotton linings. Look for the detailing such as the embossing on the hardware, clean topstitching, supple leather, and the leather and canvas stitched Marni label sewn inside the bag. :smile:

Just logged on to this thread that I started and happy to see that there are experts like MarniLikeMe out there who are helping us new Marnistas !!

A couple of posts ago, I won a Marni auction, which I then rejected on authenticity doubts. The same seller, has since put up 2 different Marni bags under 2 different names (same seller I think since the text and formatting style is exactly the same). Can you see below and see whether the Marni copies are really starting to come into the market?? :sad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-With-Tag-MARNI-Leather-shoulder-bag-ITALY_W0QQitemZ250303918920QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250303918920&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A10|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-With-Tag-MARNI-Leather-shoulder-bag_W0QQitemZ170268729223QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170268729223&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A10|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Here are some pics of my 1st eBay Marni. I loved the bag and the buttery leather when it first arrived, despite the leather darkening from its original "cream" colour (I like yellow too). However, I am a little concerned about the "M A R N I" label as it is not the in RED like the ones I see now. Any re-assurances or is it a FAKE????
Another tag i could see is sewn in at the corner and says "Made in Italy"

Attachments

• IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,294
  • IMG_3310.jpg
    IMG_3310.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,269
  • IMG_3311.jpg
    IMG_3311.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,259
  • IMG_3313.jpg
    IMG_3313.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,264
  • IMG_3314.jpg
    IMG_3314.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,277
I know it's too late, but I didn't know that tPF tackled Marni. I'm glad I discovered that they do:yahoo:
Anyway, yes, the bag is absolutely authentic. Of all the fakes I've ever seen, I've never known them to be able to reproduce the Marni card swing tickets. That's an absolute clincher.:tup:
The leather is sumptuous on this bag, and the detailing is Marni flawless. Did you bid? Did you win? I hope you did. Whoever won this bag will be very happy with her. She's lovely.:woohoo:

Hi MarniLikeMe

Nope I did not bid and seems like NOBODY bidded for it....
Do you think you could start another thread to show us your many Marnis? I'd love to see what you have...

it is fake!

Oh! Oh! I've already bought the bag!!! i hope you'll be able to point out to me the red flags... I've wrote to mushroom city prior to buying the bag, as advised by moi et mes sacs, but mushroom city didnt reply.. hence with fingers crossed ive decided to purchase the bag... it is now with me, and it is beautiful, very lightweight & the stitchings are perfect, and it has markings on the hardwares, the leather may look plasticky in the pics since it is patent but in person it is not that really.. i will now provide pictures.. i hope you guys would be able to help me so i can get my money back, would really appreciate it a lot.. thanks so much in advance:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN1102.JPG
    DSCN1102.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,290
  • DSCN1101.JPG
    DSCN1101.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,298
  • DSCN1100.JPG
    DSCN1100.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,265
  • DSCN1098.JPG
    DSCN1098.JPG