Authenticate This KATE SPADE

Hi! Could someone help me authenticate these two Kate Spade bags, please? I've seen there are people here with a great eye (and expertise) for that! ;)
Thanks!

210527481_1.jpg.jpg 210527481_0.jpg.jpg 183979876_3.jpg.jpg 183979876_2.jpg.jpg 183979876_1.jpg.jpg

Attachments

• 183979876_0.jpg.jpg
    183979876_0.jpg.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 411
  • 210527481_2.jpg.jpg
    210527481_2.jpg.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 400
Hi there, New to KS forum and I could use some help as I'm quite freaking out that I bought a fake from our local ebay. I thought the shop was reputable but then did some research on google and facebook and seems a lot of people were complaining about receiving replicas. I am very worried that my first KS is a fake, and worst of all I already gave a positive feedback to the seller because at first I thought it was authentic, but then I started looking online and noticed different things from the one I have. Please help. I really need your help.

The bag came very well wrapped and it even has the dustbag, care card and paper bag, but what I noticed is that the price tag looks different from the ones I saw online. It doesn't look the same. Also, the kate spade tag with serial number is in the front left side? Is that right? Most bags usually have it on the back left side. Also, the paper stuffing especially the piece of styro is unevenly cut. Also, it has a weird smell. Also, it didn't come with silica gel. I'm also doubting as I bought it for about 88 us dollars. Someone please help. I feel like I'm about to get a panic attack. I feel so stressed. Thanks in advance.

Kate Spade Pyper bag in rosejade (the pictures are taken with flash)

Attachments

• 20180418_022756.jpg
    20180418_022756.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 396
  • 20180418_022814.jpg
    20180418_022814.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 564
  • 20180418_022922.jpg
    20180418_022922.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 404
  • 20180418_022956.jpg
    20180418_022956.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 402
  • 20180418_023018.jpg
    20180418_023018.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 402
  • 20180418_023041.jpg
    20180418_023041.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 395
  • 20180418_023143.jpg
    20180418_023143.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 408
  • 20180418_023242.jpg
    20180418_023242.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 400
  • 20180418_023643.jpg
    20180418_023643.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 402
Hi. I'm not an authenticator but faced with a similar situation here is what I found out:

1) authentic Kate spade logos will be written as following:
kate spade
NEW YORK

the N will be aligned with the t
The K will be aligned with the a
The logo patch inside should be slightly embossed and stitched into the bag. You'll be able to peel fake logos off
The logo outside the bag can be embossed into the leather but I've noticed the outlet bags seem to come with a metal tag on the outside (which again should not be able to pull off easily). I also saw bags at Nordstrom rack like this. But I don't think it's any sort of rule. I noticed many guides suggested the metal tags indicated a fake but I saw authentic bags with them. Some bags also have the logo in metal on the outside of the bag with the spade above.

2) there should be a serial number inside the bag. I'm not sure of the format but I believe it should begin with the style number. It seems that outlet and final sale bags begin with wkru style numbers. You might be able to call KS customer service say the bag was a gift and have them verify the serial number, though I'm not sure they do this.

3) the bag tag is different than what I've seen. I read "our price" means the bag is an outlet bag. The different font and CAN price might mean the bag was made for Canada - not sure about this though.

4) look at photos on TPF where people post their brand new KS bags from the store and compare the features of the authentic bags to yours.

5) I think it's possible for there to be counterfeit tags with an authentic bag and vice versa if you are buying the bag second hand.

Good luck! I hope these things help. Authenticators if I've said something incorrect please correct me.

Reactions: rockstarmish
Hi. I'm not an authenticator but faced with a similar situation here is what I found out:

1) authentic Kate spade logos will be written as following:
kate spade
NEW YORK

the N will be aligned with the t
The K will be aligned with the a
The logo patch inside should be slightly embossed and stitched into the bag. You'll be able to peel fake logos off
The logo outside the bag can be embossed into the leather but I've noticed the outlet bags seem to come with a metal tag on the outside (which again should not be able to pull off easily). I also saw bags at Nordstrom rack like this. But I don't think it's any sort of rule. I noticed many guides suggested the metal tags indicated a fake but I saw authentic bags with them. Some bags also have the logo in metal on the outside of the bag with the spade above.

2) there should be a serial number inside the bag. I'm not sure of the format but I believe it should begin with the style number. It seems that outlet and final sale bags begin with wkru style numbers. You might be able to call KS customer service say the bag was a gift and have them verify the serial number, though I'm not sure they do this.

3) the bag tag is different than what I've seen. I read "our price" means the bag is an outlet bag. The different font and CAN price might mean the bag was made for Canada - not sure about this though.

4) look at photos on TPF where people post their brand new KS bags from the store and compare the features of the authentic bags to yours.

5) I think it's possible for there to be counterfeit tags with an authentic bag and vice versa if you are buying the bag second hand.

Good luck! I hope these things help. Authenticators if I've said something incorrect please correct me.

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time. I actually demanded a refund from the seller because all I did yesterday was compare the tags of all the Pypers online and it seemed as though mine was the only one with the inconsistency, I decided I wasn't gonna take the risk. I also checked on google about the online shop I got it from, and it seems they have had multiple complaints of selling replicas. I also spotted on the Authenticate this Longchamp thread that somebody bought from the same shop I got from and her bag was fake. There are so many fake KS out there, especially online; you don't know what you're getting. I'll have to buy directly from the store itself. It's too bad the Pyper is an old model, I can't find it in the store here anymore. I really love that rosejade color too.

9AA9B075-C348-4206-AC76-D46BD88D31D1.jpeg 9AED43FC-2BE0-4C5E-9133-1E751131CC6F.jpeg E293843C-F842-484E-B9BE-4BD33B0C2A55.jpeg EC38ED27-A55D-496B-B7F7-F488BF22F297.jpeg Hey everybody - I’m hoping you can help me with this. I ordered this wallet online (for more than I’d like to spend on a wallet) I’ve never owned a Kate Spade item before and I’ve looked and looked for authenticity factors but it only tells me markers for purses.
(It does have the YKK on the zipper, and a tag that says “S362)
Any chance you can help verify the authenticity? Thank you

Please post any questions about authentic KATE SPADE items or sellers here.
Thanks!

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Hi there, New to KS forum and I could use some help as I'm quite freaking out that I bought a fake from our local ebay. I thought the shop was reputable but then did some research on google and facebook and seems a lot of people were complaining about receiving replicas. I am very worried that my first KS is a fake, and worst of all I already gave a positive feedback to the seller because at first I thought it was authentic, but then I started looking online and noticed different things from the one I have. Please help. I really need your help.

The bag came very well wrapped and it even has the dustbag, care card and paper bag, but what I noticed is that the price tag looks different from the ones I saw online. It doesn't look the same. Also, the kate spade tag with serial number is in the front left side? Is that right? Most bags usually have it on the back left side. Also, the paper stuffing especially the piece of styro is unevenly cut. Also, it has a weird smell. Also, it didn't come with silica gel. I'm also doubting as I bought it for about 88 us dollars. Someone please help. I feel like I'm about to get a panic attack. I feel so stressed. Thanks in advance.

Kate Spade Pyper bag in rosejade (the pictures are taken with flash)

Authentic.