Scarves Authenticate This HERMÈS Scarf READ 1ST POST BEFORE POSTING!

So knowledgeable, interesting, and generous--I could listen all day. Thank you, MT.

You are quite right about my misuse of the word "registration" -- my error. I'm grateful you knew what I meant. I think this might have been a gloppier printing than some. I'm content to know the general era of the scarf, so I know the risk of dye run if I have to wash it. I'll check the ebay thread re: the watcher question. Was just worried because when I see a buy-it-now listing with lots of watchers, it's usually something vastly overpriced, and people are waiting to see if there's a sucker who will bite. Who knows, maybe I am that sucker, paying over a hundred bucks for a dirt magnet with a stain. But I buy my scarves to wear, and I'm telling myself that a small preexisting stain means I will wear it more often, with more mental freedom. We shall see. Thanks again so very much.
Dyes will run even in modern scarves
IMHO ... yes, older dyes were a bit more prone to runs - even in the rain, especially the green but ...
Modern scarves are sold with tags that say not to wash - so we all know to be CAREFUL & we treat the scarves with kid gloves
But, dry cleaning barely existed in the 1950s, there was no warning on the scarf, women might wear a scarf in POURING rain, dyes were different, & washing silk was the norm, detergents were harsher so scarf dye runs were more common place & there were more anecdotes about that
In the end, you have to be careful about washing ANY of them not just the oldies

Last edited:
Dyes will run even in modern scarves
IMHO ... yes, older dyes were a bit more prone to runs - even in the rain, especially the green but ...
Modern scarves are sold with tags that say not to wash - so we all know to be CAREFUL & we treat the scarves with kid gloves
But, dry cleaning barely existed in the 1950s, there was no warning on the scarf, women might wear a scarf in POURING rain, dyes were different, & washing silk was the norm, detergents were harsher so scarf dye runs were more common place & there were more anecdotes about that
In the end, you have to be careful about washing ANY of them not just the oldies
I never thought about all those differences in the 50s--good to know! I'm terrified at the thought of washing an old one. I'm a very tentative, non-aggressive scarf washer, which is probably why my washing doesn't always do much with a stain. Still, it always perks up a tired silk, and at least I haven't made a scarf worse. Yet.

For those of you following along at home, the "Cleaning Scarves" thread is full of anecdotes and suggestions, too: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/cleaning-scarves.37705/page-50

OK, sorry to derail the thread. Back to authenticating!

Hi, Marie-Touchet
Would appreciate your keen eye on this.

Item: Auth HERMES Scarf Stole EPERON d'OR 100% Silk France 0 Ship 23130766500 f21F
Listing number: 132103065146
Seller: bestlife-japan
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/132103065146?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Comments: The tag format is new to me as I've never purchased this type of scarf before.

Thank you!

Hi xincinsin - It has been a long time I check-in here. It so happens I have a similar stole, don't want to 'clog' up this subform and will message you separately some pics for your future reference :smile:

This is an older authentic mare aux canards with weird copyright, hard to tell on my phone , there may be 2 copyrights - will look more from desktop tomorrow and zoom photos , but authentic
2 copyrights is not unknown

Sorry for the belated answer, I got confused about different copyrights on the same design and CW, but found out that this has already been discusses some time ago here (on exactly the same scarf) https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-guide-to-hermes-scarves.42225/page-129

Thank you for the authentication!

Sorry for the belated answer, I got confused about different copyrights on the same design and CW, but found out that this has already been discusses some time ago here (on exactly the same scarf) https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-guide-to-hermes-scarves.42225/page-129
Thank you for the authentication!

Finally was able to zoom the photos beyond that possible in a browser
The scarf is authentic
The photos are crummy, and blurry. I could not see well on the phone browser yesterday.
The scarf seems to have a regular copyright - 5th picture
Bottom center - hard to see in photos 1 & 2 - I dont think there is a second copyright after the Hermes Paris - as per your note , but it is blurry
And the color is indeed a light cobalt , not a turquoise,

I kinda / sorta dont get into exact dating here, in this public forum. It is a lose-lose situation for a lot of reasons
- Basically, step 1 is determine authenticity which I dont do without a link to an open sale
- You need SUPER good photos and you are probably all sick of hearing my gripes about photography quality
- It is very delicate making disparaging remarks about someone's own scarf ... FEELINGs ...
- There is NEVER just one answer when it comes to Hermes - they have never published a definitive guide AND the info that they have made available has been inexact/ wrong/ incorrect. Like the 63 / 65 grams weight of a scarf - that rule was in H ads like 30 years ago and doesnt work anymore. I may have one opinion about date, and I respect the fact that others may not agree with me, it is complicated and long-winded ...
So, I confine myself here to trying to get the decade of a scarf right - Yeah this is an older scarf - pre 1980s .

On the Mare aux canards , I think you failed to see my second reply? cited above, where I made comments about the blurry auction photos

On scarf dating and copyrights, see my previous posts - cited above - It is a subject of great interest but also very touchy - I dont go there , trying to be respectful to buyers, sellers and interested parties, it is difficult to strike a BALANCE. Cf supra.
Many people are interested in the dating of a scarf for sale , but I leave that to others. I truly dont comment out of a desire to be respectful in this PUBLIC forum
I will note crummy photos that lack details for authentication - that is fair game for a scarf that is for sale , as required by the rules - post 1.

I'm not certain about this one, but I also am pretty new to Hermes, so my knowledge is still limited. I love the colors of this one, so if someone can authenticate it for me, I'd be really grateful.

Item: Authentic HERMES Scarf "LA MORS A LA CONETABLE" Silk Beige 28272

Listing number: 142325319061
http://www.ebay.com/itm/142325319061?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Seller: next-innovation

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/142325319061?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Comments: Is it authentic and I'd love to know what year it was released, if possible.

The mors is authentic CA 1980s
Do check the condition in the photos to see if it meets your needs - see photo 8 - it is a light scarf and flaws will show more than in a dark one but the seller seems to have honestly disclosed condition

IMG_1722.JPG IMG_1722.JPG IMG_1722.JPG Hi Hermes' lovers,

I need your help in authenticating this scarf. A friend gave it to me and was hesitant to use it coz it might be fake. I'd rather use an unbranded scarf then using a fake. Thank you so much!

Vintage silk scarf by HERMES 'Les voitures a transformation'

Thank you very much!!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1725.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 168
View attachment 3655310 View attachment 3655310 View attachment 3655310 Hi Hermes' lovers,

I need your help in authenticating this scarf. A friend gave it to me and was hesitant to use it coz it might be fake. I'd rather use an unbranded scarf then using a fake. Thank you so much!

Vintage silk scarf by HERMES 'Les voitures a transformation'

Thank you very much!!! :biggrin:

We require a link to a currently for sale item. No private sales, or post purchase authentication, sorry.

The mors is authentic CA 1980s
Do check the condition in the photos to see if it meets your needs - see photo 8 - it is a light scarf and flaws will show more than in a dark one but the seller seems to have honestly disclosed condition
Thanks so much!
And I saw the flaws, which is another reason I'm hesitant on it. I may let it pass since it ends soon and I do have plenty of non-hermes scarves in similar palettes.

Thanks so much!
And I saw the flaws, which is another reason I'm hesitant on it. I may let it pass since it ends soon and I do have plenty of non-hermes scarves in similar palettes.
Awesome ! I buy flawed scarves all the time but they dont work for everybody so, I am thrilled to empower others to make decisions for themselves !
And the topic of flaws & price go hand in hand - one supposes a good price if flaws are present, and the advantageous price might just fit someone's budget perfectly ! On the flip side for hundreds over retail , one does expect perfection, but at those prices, one is talking grails and the rules dont apply any way.

Last edited: