Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

hi experts!
considering getting this cute bag from eBay seller 1itsnewtoyou:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-bou...GGzT:sc:USPSFirstClass!94941!US!-1:rk:37:pf:0

Here's a pic:
View attachment 4254226

I don't see any problems, but to confirm authenticity, please ask the seller for a picture of the red white and blue tag sewn inside the bag.

Welcome to the Purse Forum!
I agree with @Catbird9 that sellers should show both sides of the red, white and blue tag with serial number but in this case, I able to confirm authenticity.

It's a bucket bag from the IT collection (about 2004-05) and the color is called bubble gum.

Reactions: Catbird9
I agree with @Catbird9 that sellers should show both sides of the red, white and blue tag with serial number but in this case, I able to confirm authenticity.

It's a bucket bag from the IT collection (about 2004-05) and the color is called bubble gum.
Thank you BeenBurned! I love learning about the names of the collections and really appreciate you all sharing your knowledge (and love of these bags!) with everyone!
I will ask for a photo, but worry that it wasn't included (I think she should know better since she isn't a newbie and has many bags listed), and also that she has never EVER replied to any one of my questions.
Cheers!

Sounds like a seller that doesn't want your business. I doubt she would respond if you have a problem after the sale.
^^^^ I'd find a better and more responsive seller than 1itsnewtoyou. (And if this were a bag you were interested in, I'd be tempted to let her know why she lost a customer!)

For the record, you might want to find a different seller anyway. In my records, I see that she had fake Dooneys twice in June.

Reactions: Dooneysta
Thank you! I'll see if she will send it, but she has NEVER, not once, answered a question I've sent (and there have been many)!

Sounds like a seller that doesn't want your business. I doubt she would respond if you have a problem after the sale.

^^^^ I'd find a better and more responsive seller than 1itsnewtoyou. (And if this were a bag you were interested in, I'd be tempted to let her know why she lost a customer!)

For the record, you might want to find a different seller anyway. In my records, I see that she had fake Dooneys twice in June.

I agree, you might want to look further. Here's another one, from a different seller, for comparison.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-Bou...et-Logo-Print-Rainbow-Hobo-Purse/273550969526

OK, thanks, that sounds terrible, but now I feel like if its fake it shouldn't be listed for some other poor person to buy...

PS - how is she still allowed to sell on eBay with 2 fakes twice in the same month!?!?!
It happens all the time. It takes more than a few fakes for ebay to kick someone off. They might limit the amount she can list for awhile. It depends on if those fakes were reported and removed by ebay. A lot of fakes never get removed.