Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Hello!

I'm planning to get this
dooney bag but would appreciate it if somebody can confirm if this style exists and if it's authentic or not before i proceed.

Here's the link: https://www.olx.ph/item/dooney-and-bourke-leather-handbag-ID80Yr1.html?h=17bb91aad4

Thank you so much!
I don't see any problems with it, but to confirm authenticity, please ask for pictures of the inside of the bag showing the red white and blue cloth tag if there is one. I've never seen this particular style before, but it's similar to the Lockhart Flap crossbody bag.

I recently sold this Dooney online and now being questioned on its authenticity. While researching for more information on this style found this site and hope to get an opinion. Also approximately when they were made if possible. Thanks.

Item: Large Compartment Bag R432BL

View attachment 3742486 View attachment 3742487 View attachment 3742488 View attachment 3742489 View attachment 3742490 View attachment 3742491 View attachment 3742492 View attachment 3742493 View attachment 3742494
It looks good to me.

View attachment 3746912 View attachment 3746911
Thank you for your reply . I don't have this purse, I saw it online. The strap at the attachment looked fake to me ?

Melissa

If it is authentic, it would be an early, "green label" version of the Zipper Clutch. Over the years that style went through several changes. The trigger snap strap attachment is correct, but the later version of the bag would have had rivets on the folded end of the strap. This one look like it does not have rivets there, which is why more pictures might help. But the strap could have been replaced, or rivets weren't used on that style at that time, so the lack of rivets would not prove the bag was fake. It would be good to see the whole side of the bag showing the d-rings.

Also, I have not seen a black zipper like that. On a bag with British Tan trim, the zipper would normally match the trim color. However, this bag may not conform to that rule because it is an early version. It would be more conclusive if the zipper pull was stamped Dooney & Bourke.

There should be an embossed duck emblem on one side of the bag, too.

Other opinions are welcome!

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am still learning how to differentiate the fake from the authentic. I couldn't get anymore pictures but it didn't look like there was a duck emblem on the bag. I didn't think they were producing fakes with the early green label, but then I don't know .

Thanks again.

Reactions: Catbird9
Hello! Would like to ask help in authenticating this bag. Here is the link: https://www.olx.ph/item/dooney-and-bourke-bag-ID81s6z.html?h=bb561fc254
I also requested additional pictures from the seller.
You think this would be a good rehab project? I am quite worried if i will be able to restore the drawstring. I think that is where the most wear and damage is. Thank you in advance to any who would take interest in my post!

Attachments

• IMG_4334.JPG
    IMG_4334.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4335.JPG
    IMG_4335.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4336.JPG
    IMG_4336.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4337.JPG
    IMG_4337.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4338.JPG
    IMG_4338.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4339.JPG
    IMG_4339.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 147
Hello! Would like to ask help in authenticating this bag. Here is the link: https://www.olx.ph/item/dooney-and-bourke-bag-ID81s6z.html?h=bb561fc254
I also requested additional pictures from the seller.
You think this would be a good rehab project? I am quite worried if i will be able to restore the drawstring. I think that is where the most wear and damage is. Thank you in advance to any who would take interest in my post!

It's an authentic Teton Drawstring.

It seems to be in good shape and I think it would clean up nicely. You can apply conditioner to the drawstring and it will look better, but don't expect it to look like new. It naturally gets a lot of wear from being opened and closed.

The Teton line sometimes had issues with the strap attachments needing reinforcement. If the bag was heavily loaded, those strap attachments could break down over time. This one looks OK, but it's something to be aware of. Also the piping around the bottom might need attention. I've marked the photo below at the potential "trouble" spots.

The Dooney rehab thread and the Coach rehab and rescue thread may have helpful tips for your project if you decide to go ahead:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/dooney-rehab-thread.811268/
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/

Attachments

• teton marked.JPG
    teton marked.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 133
It's an authentic Teton Drawstring.

It seems to be in good shape and I think it would clean up nicely. You can apply conditioner to the drawstring and it will look better, but don't expect it to look like new. It naturally gets a lot of wear from being opened and closed.

The Teton line sometimes had issues with the strap attachments needing reinforcement. If the bag was heavily loaded, those strap attachments could break down over time. This one looks OK, but it's something to be aware of. Also the piping around the bottom might need attention. I've marked the photo below at the potential "trouble" spots.

The Dooney rehab thread and the Coach rehab and rescue thread may have helpful tips for your project if you decide to go ahead:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/dooney-rehab-thread.811268/
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/
Thank you so much! Will head to the link you suggested right away.