Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

I just got another one. I hope you don't mind. This freaked me out so much that I went thru all 34 bags I recently bought. I think I have this, and possibly another. If you fail these three that means 10% are fakes :sad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251059931733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The workmanship and the stitching are much better than the last one I posted above. However it has a 'Made in Korea' label.

The thing that immediately strikes me is that the bag is hard as a rock. It is 'super-structured' meaning it doesn't flop. It feels like leather over stiff cardboard. If you knock on it you expect a voice from inside to invite you in. Plus I felt some of the hardware was a little below-grade:

bag1-1 by dentonTay, on Flickr

bag1-2 by dentonTay, on Flickr

bag1-3 by dentonTay, on Flickr

bag1-4 by dentonTay, on Flickr

This is the inside flap

bag1-5 by dentonTay, on Flickr

Were any D&B made in Korea?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150806077181?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The seller has excellent photos.

This one I am on the fence. The leather seems a bit 'harder' than it should. It's lined, I find that weird. No tag, but there are a few threads where one used to be and it doesn't seem to be red white and blue.

bag2-1 by dentonTay, on Flickr

bag2-2 by dentonTay, on Flickr

bag2-3 by dentonTay, on Flickr

bag2-4 by dentonTay, on Flickr
Sorry. Both are fake and although Dooneys are made in a number of other countries (including China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Italy, US), Korea isn't one of them.

This info is old so there may be some new letters for country codes but this was a list as of July, 2010:

MADE IN THE USA the serial number will start with A or B.
(traditional cloth tag sewn inside will read DOONEY & BOURKE, INC. MADE IN THE USA)

If the serial number starts with C is was assembled in COSTA RICA!
If the serial number starts with H is was assembled in CHINA!
If the serial number starts with I is was assembled in ITALY!
If the serial number starts with J is was made in CHINA!
If the serial number starts with K is was made in CHINA!
If the serial number starts with L is was made in CHINA!
If the serial number starts with M is was assembled in MEXICO!

(traditional cloth tag sewn inside will read DOONEY & BOURKE, INC.)
(an additional leather tag sewn inside will read DOONEY & BOURKE MADE IN ITALY or MEXICO
(an additional cloth tag sewn inside will read MADE IN CHINA, or MADE IN COSTA RICA,

MUST there be a serial number on the back of the red, white and blue tag saying 'Dooney & Bourke Inc Made in U.S.A.? It's in the seam of an AWL taupe bag I'm getting ready to sell, and I don't want to sell a fake! I read somewhere that they stopped putting the serial numbers on at some point, but don't know when that was, or how that dates this bag.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Kerry

MUST there be a serial number on the back of the red, white and blue tag saying 'Dooney & Bourke Inc Made in U.S.A.? It's in the seam of an AWL taupe bag I'm getting ready to sell, and I don't want to sell a fake! I read somewhere that they stopped putting the serial numbers on at some point, but don't know when that was, or how that dates this bag.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Kerry
It's possible that a mistake could have gotten through and the serial number could be missing from the tag, but that would be rare.

Please upload pictures of the bag and the tag. (For bag, front, back, feet, inside, pocket(s) and both sides of RWB tag.)

Hi! I bought this off craigslist for super cheap. The seller told me that it is authentic. She also told me that she has boxes upon boxes of inventory with big designer names that are all authentic and she would like to sell to my business. I will be posting them throughout the day to get some help on authentications as I know nothing about them. Here is one:

Item: "Authentic Dooney&bourke purse"
Listing number: n/a
Seller: n/a
Link: http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/kkalcott15/

Man, it sure seems pretty hard to get a red legit vintage d&b, unless I am wrong about this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261020899092&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

-feels hard and plasticy
-red inside pockets, never seen that
-red leather or pleather interior at bottom
-cheap rivets
-zipper marked 'three star'.

As always, your advice is greatly appreciated!

fake-2 by dentonTay, on Flickr

fake-1 by dentonTay, on Flickr

fake-3 by dentonTay, on Flickr

fake-4 by dentonTay, on Flickr

fake-5 by dentonTay, on Flickr

fake-6 by dentonTay, on Flickr

Would you kindly help me verify the name and year of make for this purse please? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMAG1756.jpg
    IMAG1756.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 655
  • IMAG1757.jpg
    IMAG1757.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 652
  • IMAG1758.jpg
    IMAG1758.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 663
I am new to the purse forum. I tried to read the thread to educate myself about DB purses. I am looking at one on ebay and considering bidding it. Would someone kindly help me authenticate it? I tried my best to follow this thread's rules but there are sth that I don't know what it is...

Item: VINTAGE DOONEY & BOURKE AWL LEATHER HANDBAG CROSSBODY WALLET BLACK
Listing number: I don't know where to find this. :sad: sorry
Seller: misswinkerman
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/30071207041...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648#ht_500wt_1086
Comments: the seller said the serial # is A4 796836

Hi! I bought this off craigslist for super cheap. The seller told me that it is authentic. She also told me that she has boxes upon boxes of inventory with big designer names that are all authentic and she would like to sell to my business. I will be posting them throughout the day to get some help on authentications as I know nothing about them. Here is one:

Item: "Authentic Dooney&bourke purse"
Listing number: n/a
Seller: n/a
Link: http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/kkalcott15/
I'm sorry but it's fake.