Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hello!

I'm interested in purchasing a vintage Coach bag because I love the quality and durability. I have been looking for bags that seem to be legit,but I would love your expertise in helping me determine if this bag is authentic or not so that I may purchase it. Thank you in advance

Item name: Vintage Coach Willis Bag

Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/499490968/vintage-coach-willis-station-bag-black?ref=market

Photos: See below
View attachment 3610084 View attachment 3610085 View attachment 3610086 View attachment 3610087 View attachment 3610090
I really look forward to the authenticity/education on determining if this is an authentic bag!

I thought this was a very good fake. Lol. Those embossed boxes around No. And E4 had me going!
It is one of the very few N plant code, made in US, creeds that is authentic. We discussed them here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/answers-to-authenticity-questions.94198/page-103#post-30303836

Item: British Tan Willis 9927
Seller: Goodwill, $6.99
Comments: It looked and felt genuine to me but the creed patch is different from the vintage Coach bags that I used to buy. My guess is that it is a newer Willis made in 2013 - if I am reading the serial number correctly. Please give me your opinion and thank you in advance for your assistance.

Yes, it's a remake from 2013. It looks genuine.

Reactions: katev
Thanks. They look very similar but I see the Bristol is a bit larger. I've seen Savoys listed as Bristols. Did the Savoy come first only had a serial number that didn't identify the style number?

A few Madisons were either made in late 1993 or the plant didn't have the new serial number stamps yet and had to use the old ones.

And like we've said many times - don't ever expect most sellers to know the names, style numbers, age or designer of the Coaches they sell.