Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Thanks Hyacinth for your quick response. The auction ended on the third one with no reply on the Creed. I asked about a relist, I thought there was more time. She says she's going to, after taking more pictures. Anyway, thanks, you're awesome.

Last edited:
coach handbags
Seller information
5613vicki
eBay item number:

I'm sorry about the links, I copied and pasted it, somehow its not getting the links, I'm trying to get the creed on the last one.

There's no way to authenticate 182421849222 without a clear readable photo of the creed stamp and serial number.

Thanks Hyacinth for your quick response. The auction ended on the third one with no reply on the Creed. I asked about a relist, I thought there was more time. She says she's going to, after taking more pictures. Anyway, thanks, you're awesome.
I wonder if 5613vicki reads TPF. She ended the listing early presumably after Hyacinth said it couldn't be authenticated.

I'n curious about this bag, as the letters in the word Coach on the top of the creed look different than other authentic bags that I've seen, the C looks like a half moon and the O is split in half.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintag...640939?hash=item5441f2246b:g:XrkAAOSw2xRYf-na
seller ID: station_85
Item num: 361883640939
Thanks

It could be a trick of the lighting. It could be that someone tried to darken the logo and border around the creed itself. It could be a factory error, maybe that's why it was sent to the outlet.. It could be an owner trying to be "artistic" who used some kind of leather-burning tool on it. It could be from a full or partial dye job. I can't say.

Both the rest of the creed stamp and the serial number font are correct for that style, and the rest of the details look right. It's a genuine Saddle Bag style 9851 from around 1990-91.

Last edited:
Reactions: LavenderMoon
*zooangels* has been reported with fakes at least 3 previous times since 2015.

I don't believe that case is authentic for the reasons you've mentioned.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-coach.889527/page-957#post-30078234

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...oach-fakes-here.824098/page-129#post-28102024

*zooangels* has been reported with fakes at least 3 previous times since 2015.

I don't believe that case is authentic for the reasons you've mentioned.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-coach.889527/page-957#post-30078234

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...oach-fakes-here.824098/page-129#post-28102024
Addendum regarding *zooangels*:
In going through her completed and sold listings, I found this lot listing (with pics attached) that includes at least 4 counterfeit coach items:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assorted-Wa...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
*zooangels* lot listing with fake coach 1.jpg *zooangels* lot listing with fake coach 2.jpg *zooangels* lot listing with fake coach 3.jpeg *zooangels* lot listing with fake coach 4.jpeg

I was able to send her a message from her feedback page. Don't use the "select an item" dropdown. Instead, click the box that says "This is not about an item" and then Continue.

ETA: I asked for a picture of the entire creed with serial number. I'll post if she responds. This item is on my watch list.

I'm going to be less gentle than @Hyacinth.

I don't recommend holt-holt.

A seller with just 50-ish listings isn't such a high volume seller that she's "too busy" to post good listings and/or to answer legitimate questions from buyers who are willing to fork over their hard-earned money.

If she isn't willing to answer questions, then she'd darned well better post the correct pictures that are necessary for an authentication.

Another pet peeve of mine is when sellers remove the pictures from their listings after those listings end. Not only is HOLT-HOLT unwilling to help with current listings but we can't even look at their completed listings to see if the pictures show authentic items.

IMO, there's little or no valid reason for an honest seller to remove pictures and be unwilling to post or send additional pictures when necessary unless she's hiding something.

ETA: Although I don't recomment holt holt, there is another option to contact the seller. If you go to her feedback page, on the upper right, there's a contact member link. If you check the "this is not about an item box," you can contact her.

But again, JMHO but she's not worth it unless it's to tell her why you are NOT going to buy from her.

To follow up, my message to holt-holt via her Feedbak/Profile page has received no response. I agree with BeenBurned, I'll avoid this seller

Reactions: BeenBurned
I have my doubts about this scarf for several reasons. There doesn't seem to be a logo on the scarf at all. The price tag looks like fakes I've seen. I was curious about the "printed in Korea" on the label.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Classic...183193?hash=item4d5288ddd9:g:XnIAAOSw8RJXDEZh
seller: gwilli5590
# 332097183193
Name: New Classic Floral Coach Silk Scarf
It's authentic. I was surprised to see scarves with absolutely nothing that looked like "Coach" and no Coach markings except for the brown label at TJ Maxx but I've been seeing several different patterns for the last couple of months.

Although Coach doesn't make leather goods in Korea, they do make some softlines (clothing/fabric accessories) items there and scarves are among them. If you look up the CA number on the brown label, it identifies with Coach. I don't see an RN number on that tag but it might

Regarding the tag, I haven't seen those tags for years until recently. But that tag is correct also. (I thought I had a picture from about 10 years ago but can't located it.) I can't get my picture of the brown label (both sides) to load but it's identical to the label in the listing.

It's authentic. I was surprised to see scarves with absolutely nothing that looked like "Coach" and no Coach markings except for the brown label at TJ Maxx but I've been seeing several different patterns for the last couple of months.

Although Coach doesn't make leather goods in Korea, they do make some softlines (clothing/fabric accessories) items there and scarves are among them. If you look up the CA number on the brown label, it identifies with Coach. I don't see an RN number on that tag but it might

Regarding the tag, I haven't seen those tags for years until recently. But that tag is correct also. (I thought I had a picture from about 10 years ago but can't located it.) I can't get my picture of the brown label (both sides) to load but it's identical to the label in the listing.
Thanks! I thought the brown label looked correct, but then I looked at all my scarves and none had the same label.