AUTHENTICATE this COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
DON'T let that IDIOT on Ebay's Clothing and Accessories Board worry you. This backpack is completely genuine and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You were told by Fashion Club Girl that's it's ok and a genuine Sonoma Backpack and she's correct. It was made in 1994.

Next time you ask at Ebay, ask ONLY at the Shoes, Purses and Fashion Accessories Board, not at the Clothing Board. The same people usually check both but the Purses Board tends to chase out the idiots a bit faster.

BTW, you may want to take a photo of the other side of the price tag, the model name, style number and color name should be on that side and some potential buyers may want to know the color name. (I think it might be Chamois but Coach colors can be hard to figure out).

And never NEVER use Google to try and figure out if a Coach is authentic. This bag was made 5 years before Google even existed so it's not likely that you're going to find it there.

Hyacinth, I edited my post to add the following, but you may have missed it.

fashionclubgurl didn't know, but do you have an opinion on a fair asking price for this bag? It's mint, never used. I searched ebay, but couldn't find a comparable bag for reference. I'd imagine I could ask for close to MSRP, no?

Thank you Hyacinth!

It's an early version of a Hippie Flap Bag but I don't have any other information about it. Catalogs from the mid-1980s when it was probably made are pretty scarce. The Hippie Flaps and Zips were brought back some time around 1999 but this is definitely an earlier version. Maybe DemRam has more information.

Hyacinth, I edited my post to add the following, but you may have missed it.

fashionclubgurl didn't know, but do you have an opinion on a fair asking price for this bag? It's mint, never used. I searched ebay, but couldn't find a comparable bag for reference. I'd imagine I could ask for close to MSRP, no?

We're not allowed to discuss selling or asking prices, sorry. But somewhere between 65 and 85 percent of original MSRP is probably what most sellers of a never-used classic still with the tags on would ask, but you may have to wait a long time for a buyer. Just do whatever works best for you regarding the Ebay fees you'll have to pay. I don't recall how much Ebay selling experience you have but listing fees always have to be considered. I don't sell and so can't give advice, but we have an Ebay forum here where someone can probably answer any questions you might have:
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/

Or some of the posters at Ebay's Shoes & Purses forum might have some advice.

There are six Completed listings at Ebay for Sonoma Backpacks but none of them are for high prices. Remember, it's a limited market.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...ct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=100

Hello Ladies, Can you authenticate this purse please? it ends in 4 hours and apparently from the looks there isn't a creed tag inside, shouldn't there be one?

*New* Coach Purse (brown over the shoulder)

shannonmkelley

http://www.listia.com/auction/5963739-new-coach-purse-brown-over-the-shoulder

thanks so much I appreciate it :smile:

It looks like a Swingpack and smaller bags like Swingpacks don't always have creeds or numbers. It might be ok but the seller need to show the INSIDE of the price tag with the style name and number and color codes in the photos, without that there's no way to tell if it's really what it's supposed to be and if it's real or not. And she really needs to use a tape measure. A lot of people may not realize how small the bag is. I can't imagine someone not owning a tape measure or even a ruler. Any place that sells school supplies sells rulers.

It looks like a Swingpack and smaller bags like Swingpacks don't always have creeds or numbers. It might be ok but the seller need to show the INSIDE of the price tag with the style name and number and color codes in the photos, without that there's no way to tell if it's really what it's supposed to be and if it's real or not. And she really needs to use a tape measure. A lot of people may not realize how small the bag is. I can't imagine someone not owning a tape measure or even a ruler. Any place that sells school supplies sells rulers.
Ok thanks Hyacinth, I didn't know these tpyes don't always have creeds, then again i don't know what to look for in coach's just hope to own one some day. Thanks a lot for your time. ,

Help authenticating this Coach City #9790. It's "handcrafted in Turkey" and the creed isn't fully visible. Looked authentic enough to me so bought it ... fingers crossed :sweatdrop: Btw are there two different strap types for City - one with the dog leash clip and the other non-removable (like this one), is it based on place of manufacturing and year? Thanks.

coach_city2_zps7b61cc34.jpg

coach_city3_zps6d132c97.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.