AUTHENTICATE this COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please authenticate this NYC Coach Leatherware bag?
Bought at Goodwill, I think, in 2005 for less than $20.
Approx. 9"w x 8"h x 3.5"d Strap drop 16" to buckles
Is she a Courier Pouch #9720? Can you tell her age and maybe color?
Any info is appreciated...Thanks, as always!

Attachments

• DSCF8570.JPG
    DSCF8570.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCF8571.JPG
    DSCF8571.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCF8572.JPG
    DSCF8572.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCF8573.JPG
    DSCF8573.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCF8574.JPG
    DSCF8574.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 200
Item: Soho Waverly tote (how is this spelled? I have seen it listed Waverley also)
Listing number:eBay item 180972948628
Seller: jennaatsuad (relatively few listings)
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180972948628&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Comments: (the link split over two lines on my screen but if you copy paste it works OK). I am concerned about the spacing in the "Dominican Republic" portion of the creed - looks like it was spaced this way to fit the margins. Would appreciate your insight as to authenticity.

It WAS spaced that way to fit the margins. Up until recently, Coach never divided and hyphenated words in the creed stamp. Older pre-China or vintage all-leather bags with words broken up between two lines are almost always fake.

It's genuine, and it's Waverly with only one E.

Can you please authenticate this NYC Coach Leatherware bag?
Bought at Goodwill, I think, in 2005 for less than $20.
Approx. 9"w x 8"h x 3.5"d Strap drop 16" to buckles
Is she a Courier Pouch #9720? Can you tell her age and maybe color?
Any info is appreciated...Thanks, as always!

Genuine Courer Pouch, the style number is 8920 (9720 is a Classic Clutch).
Mid-1980s is the best I can do.

Item: Green Nylon type bag

Link: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/cavyart/Lime Green bag/

Comments: From a friends closet who wanted me to try my hand at cleaning it (since she knows i rehab bags) but unfortunately I had to tell her I was 99% sure it was one of the more detailed knockoffs. Just wanted confirmation. The embossed part is def not leather since it's got 2 little spots of peeling on the handles. The buckles on the sides and some on the front are flat on the back side. Creed is hard to read and slightly crooked. The carriage logo is a pretty good copy though.

Item: Green Nylon type bag

Link: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/cavyart/Lime Green bag/

Comments: From a friends closet who wanted me to try my hand at cleaning it (since she knows i rehab bags) but unfortunately I had to tell her I was 99% sure it was one of the more detailed knockoffs. Just wanted confirmation. The embossed part is def not leather since it's got 2 little spots of peeling on the handles. The buckles on the sides and some on the front are flat on the back side. Creed is hard to read and slightly crooked. The carriage logo is a pretty good copy though.

Definitely fake. I can't quite read the creed or serial either, and the creed stamping should ALWAYS be readable and never crooked on an almost-new Coach. The style number looks like 14624 but that's a leather Audrey Spectator like the one below. The Made In China tag is fake too.

Attachments

• 14624_MADISON LEATHER SPECTATOR AUDREY-sllwt_a0.jpg
    14624_MADISON LEATHER SPECTATOR AUDREY-sllwt_a0.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 192
really hard to get a picture of the creed, but wanted to know if this looked authentic. Don't know the name of the Coach.

106_0785_zps4aa43e59.jpg

106_0784_zps70b35885.jpg

0919121256_zpsf0ded5ac.jpg

106_0783_zpsa1cbaf73.jpg

Item: VINTAGE RARE COACH ZIPPERED RED LEATHER PURSE BAG PURSE W/HANG TAG
Listing number: 190726320381
Seller: toyouviame
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190726320381?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Comments: Ends soon. I thought it was a basic bag until I looked closer at the strap. I've never seen anything like it.
Thanks!

It seems ok but I don't know what is is. Maybe if DemRam comes by, she can take a look.

That bag, with that short little strap, is just odd and looks "altered" in some way. I wish they had a photo of the side so we could see how the straps are attached.

I certainly have not seen everything - but I've never seen a skinny, short double strap like that one on a bag that was meant to be hand carried.

Confusing!

Last edited:
I'd appreciate your help in authenticating this bag.

Item Coach Satchel/Purse/Handbag/Shoulderbag #9790
Listing# 150898616034
Link http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Red-L...034?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item23224226e2
Comment I can't tell what's going on in pic#2 The slip pocket seems to have an extra piece above but doesn't go all the way across? I've contacted the seller but haven't heard back.

Style 9790 is the City Bag and that's not a City Bag.

That bag has MAJOR problems.

That bag, with that short little strap, is just odd and looks "altered" in some way. I wish they had a photo of the side so we could see how the straps are attached.

I certainly have not seen everything - but I've never seen a skinny, short double strap like that one on a bag that was meant to be hand carried.

Confusing!
thank you. I thought it might have been altered too! It appears that the straps are attached permanently, rather than with dogleash clips. It does seem like a wider single strap would be more logical for a handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.