AUTHENTICATE This COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Item: COACH INITIAL LETTER 'n' PURSE CHARM KEY FOB CHAIN
Listing number: 290586380319
Seller: mickeyr1900
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...380319&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1202
Comments: I have been recently buying a lot of coach vintage handbags from ebay-- in the past 10 days I got 7. Already received 6 of them. However, the one that I love most does not feel authentic-- by touching its leather and also there is a thread sticking out on the lower edge of its back. The other two don't feel as fake as this one, but still the prints on the creeds feel very shallow, not as clear as those I've seen on other coaches. Also, there are not "made in united states" at the last line of the creed. The item info above is for the one that I had liked the most before I got it. I am also attaching pictures that I just took.
P1050178.JPG

P1050166.JPG

thanks in advance!!

Item: Vintage COACH Leather Crossbody/Sholdr Bag~ British Tan
Listing number: 120742508425
Seller: pina47
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...08425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3898wt_1185
Comment: the leather of this bag feels very good, and I am almost sure that it is a real one. However, I kind of have the impression that there should be a phrase such as "Made in United States" right above the NO., which this one does not have. Can someone tell me if "Made in somewhere" is necessary or not? Thank you!!
P1050186.JPG

Made another picture with a little caption here:
P1050166.JPG
Item: COACH INITIAL LETTER 'n' PURSE CHARM KEY FOB CHAIN
Listing number: 290586380319
Seller: mickeyr1900
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...380319&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1202
Comments: I have been recently buying a lot of coach vintage handbags from ebay-- in the past 10 days I got 7. Already received 6 of them. However, the one that I love most does not feel authentic-- by touching its leather and also there is a thread sticking out on the lower edge of its back. The other two don't feel as fake as this one, but still the prints on the creeds feel very shallow, not as clear as those I've seen on other coaches. Also, there are not "made in united states" at the last line of the creed. The item info above is for the one that I had liked the most before I got it. I am also attaching pictures that I just took.
P1050178.JPG

P1050166.JPG

thanks in advance!!

I assume you mean this line: "We sent the bag to the company for rejuvenating and conditioning of the leather as we usually do. And they did a fabulous job!"

They put that in the auction for my red Baxter, too (same seller) and I was a little dubious since I don't think Coach does that kind of thing.

Despite that bit of copy that needs to be removed (they reuse a lot of copy in their auctions), they are good and trustworthy sellers and their bags are amazing. If you want that Madison you should go for it, I'm sure it's dreamy.

Thanks so much jane:smile:

Sorry, didn't post the hardware & inside of the thrift store bag, so here it is. My camera isn't the best, so I hope they're ok. My daughter found this bag at a local thrift store the other day. Looks real to me, but I'm not sure and if anyone knows the pattern/style, it would be appreciated too. Inside little tag says "made in china", the zipper is a YKK, no creed tag, lining is thick & smooth, outside sateen is thick & smooth. Stitching looks even & nice. Hardware is heavy, no chips, peeling, etc. Thanks.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 456
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 457
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 454
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 455
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 461
Originally Posted by jane I assume you mean this line: "We sent the bag to the company for rejuvenating and conditioning of the leather as we usually do. And they did a fabulous job!"

They put that in the auction for my red Baxter, too (same seller) and I was a little dubious since I don't think Coach does that kind of thing.

Despite that bit of copy that needs to be removed (they reuse a lot of copy in their auctions), they are good and trustworthy sellers and their bags are amazing. If you want that Madison you should go for it, I'm sure it's dreamy.

Thanks so much jane:smile:

I'm still worried about that seller regardless of Jane's experience. We had questions before about at least one other item:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-577470-810.html#post18138902

Jane, you had a good experience but since the seller inflates values on some of their "included" items and apparently has listed at least one fake in the past and has one listed right now, I'd have to urge caution when dealing with them, sorry.

In fact the briefcase in this listing is probably the same fake that was mentioned in my February post - anyone with ANY basic Coach knowledge should know that -4154 is a style code for a Soho Bucket and would never be used in a briefcase since travel and business items had a very limited and specific set of style numbers. AND the number is on the Fakes List:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-COACH-B...?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Briefcases&hash=item2a126b05e6
Just one look at the creed stamping should have been a red flag, and it looks like the word "srtches" is misspelled. That "bit of copy" Jane mentioned isn't the only thing that needs removing.

So I can't recommend seller " energyambit ", sorry.

Attachments

• 4154_M4n_energyambit-fake-briefcase-a.jpg
    4154_M4n_energyambit-fake-briefcase-a.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 491
Item: Vintage COACH Leather Crossbody/Sholdr Bag~ British Tan
Listing number: 120742508425
Seller: pina47
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...08425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3898wt_1185
Comment: the leather of this bag feels very good, and I am almost sure that it is a real one. However, I kind of have the impression that there should be a phrase such as "Made in United States" right above the NO., which this one does not have. Can someone tell me if "Made in somewhere" is necessary or not? Thank you!!
P1050186.JPG

Coach has changed the wording and layout of the creeds DOZENS of times of the years. Don't even think something's fake because it doesn't match another bag from a totally different style family or time period. And since the bag already says that it was hancrafted in the US in the body of the creed, why would they put it at the bottom? Did you read the creed?

Item: Coach Lt Blue Leather Lg Slim Shoulder Purse
Listing number: 290584121209
Seller:aristocrat_lizzytish
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...121209&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1202
Comment: the leather of this bag feels good, but the print on the flag is relatively light, as well as the print on the creed.
Again, here are the pictures. Thank you all so much.
P1050181.JPG

P1050182.JPG

That style is from the late 90s and NEVER would have had a Horse and Carriage emblem stamped on it - the Carraige logo just came into use a few years ago. Either someone felt the need to add a fake stamp - and the question then becomes "where did they GET a fake Carriage stamp?" or the bag is fake from the start. I'm leaning toward All Fake because the straps aren't correct for that style either. It looks like a modern fake of a classic style.

DON'T buy that bag.

Originally Posted by jane I assume you mean this line: "We sent the bag to the company for rejuvenating and conditioning of the leather as we usually do. And they did a fabulous job!"

I'm still worried about that seller regardless of Jane's experience. We had questions before about at least one other item:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-577470-810.html#post18138902

Jane, you had a good experience but since the seller inflates values on some of their "included" items and apparently has listed at least one fake in the past and has one listed right now, I'd have to urge caution when dealing with them, sorry.

In fact the briefcase in this listing is probably the same fake that was mentioned in my February post - anyone with ANY basic Coach knowledge should know that -4154 is a style code for a Soho Bucket and would never be used in a briefcase since travel and business items had a very limited and specific set of style numbers. AND the number is on the Fakes List:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-COACH-B...?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Briefcases&hash=item2a126b05e6
Just one look at the creed stamping should have been a red flag, and it looks like the word "srtches" is misspelled. That "bit of copy" Jane mentioned isn't the only thing that needs removing.

So I can't recommend seller " energyambit ", sorry.

Just a correction - the fake they had listed back in Feb with the M4N-4154 serial number was a Court Bag, so the briefcase makes the second fake within 6 months, and both with the same serial number.

I wonder if they don't know it's fake and have been fooled like anyone else? They get their stuff from estate sales, I believe. Maybe someone should just politely let them know this bag is a fake. My correspondence with the seller was very friendly and they seemed to really love Coach bags, while perhaps not being totally educated about them.

Also, Hyacinth, I am in awe of your vast knowledge of Coach bags and so grateful that you take the time to do this kind of research for this community! :flowers: That goes to Demram and Been Burned and others here!

Thank you so much!! Unfortunately, I already paid for it and have already received the bag. The pictures I posted here were taken myself... I don't know whether I could still ask for refund from the seller or not? I was the only bidder on this item. I guess others already knew this wasn't a real one so they didn't bid on it...
Anyway, thank you so much H!
That style is from the late 90s and NEVER would have had a Horse and Carriage emblem stamped on it - the Carraige logo just came into use a few years ago. Either someone felt the need to add a fake stamp - and the question then becomes "where did they GET a fake Carriage stamp?" or the bag is fake from the start. I'm leaning toward All Fake because the straps aren't correct for that style either. It looks like a modern fake of a classic style.

DON'T buy that bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.