Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hi! First time poster! here. Ran across a few listings on FB Marketplace and am unsure if the bags are legitimate.

Praire Bag
F4D-9954
Seller has two other bags listed as well. States they're selling for a neighbor and aren't sure if they're genuine. Gut feeling says they're fake, but not totally sure.

TIA! Appreciate your time!

Hi! First time poster! here. Ran across a few listings on FB Marketplace and am unsure if the bags are legitimate.

Praire Bag
F4D-9954
Seller has two other bags listed as well. States they're selling for a neighbor and aren't sure if they're genuine. Gut feeling says they're fake, but not totally sure.

Facebook seller Rachel Kincaid
I don't see the 2 other bags but the one shown (blue bag with F4D-9954 serial number) is fake.

I don't see the 2 other bags but the one shown (blue bag with F4D-9954 serial number) is fake.
You're quick - thank you!

The other two bags are:

Praire Bag
F4D-9954

You're quick - thank you!

The other two bags are:

All 3 bags are fake.

The seller should be aware that her authenticity disclaimer of "Selling for my neighbor Not sure if they are real coach" doesn't release her from liability should Coach or buyers decide to go after her for selling fakes. Rachel Kincaid should be made aware that the sale of counterfeit goods is illegal - period!

All 3 bags are fake.

The seller should be aware that her authenticity disclaimer of "Selling for my neighbor Not sure if they are real coach" doesn't release her from liability should Coach or buyers decide to go after her for selling fakes. Rachel Kincaid should be made aware that the sale of counterfeit goods is illegal - period!
Thank you for confirming they were all fakes. I've messaged her back and told her after some research, I've found they are all fake and that I was not longer interested.

Hi! Happy Friday- I have looked everywhere and checked the catalogs for an example of a coach bag like the attached. It is really light weight leather "made in USA"
10"h x 10"w x 4" d
I have a bag that is like it but it has a draw string under the flap. does anyone know the name?
Thanks for looking!
Best,
Jessica

Attachments

• IMG_6094.jpeg
    IMG_6094.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6143.jpeg
    IMG_6143.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6104.jpeg
    IMG_6104.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6103.jpeg
    IMG_6103.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6102.jpeg
    IMG_6102.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6101.jpeg
    IMG_6101.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6100.jpeg
    IMG_6100.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6099.jpeg
    IMG_6099.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6098.jpeg
    IMG_6098.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6097.jpeg
    IMG_6097.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6096.jpeg
    IMG_6096.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6095.jpeg
    IMG_6095.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 19
Hi! Happy Friday- I have looked everywhere and checked the catalogs for an example of a coach bag like the attached. It is really light weight leather "made in USA"
10"h x 10"w x 4" d
I have a bag that is like it but it has a draw string under the flap. does anyone know the name?
Thanks for looking!
Best,
Jessica

The creed in the photos is from a genuine Coach. It's similar to a Classic Shoulder Bag but several details with the buckles, strap and the pockets are different. Is the bag in your possession or are the pictures from an online listing? If online,we need the link to the listing

I have a good idea of what the bag similar to it that "has a draw string under the flap" is but we need photos to authenticate and positively identify that one. We don't identify any Coach unless we know it's genuine, and we don't authenticate or identify without photos, or from just a written description.

Last edited:
I came to the same conclusion on the "classic shoulder bag" the british tan bag pictured in the last post is in my possession.
Im pretty sure the Drawstring shoulder Pouch i mentioned is authentic. (also in my possession) here are the images-
It is hard to research the older bags that are before Coach instituted a meaningful numbering system on the creed!
Best,
Jessica

Attachments

• IMG_4478.jpeg
    IMG_4478.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4477.jpeg
    IMG_4477.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4476.jpeg
    IMG_4476.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4475.jpeg
    IMG_4475.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4474.jpeg
    IMG_4474.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4473.jpeg
    IMG_4473.jpeg
    445.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4472.jpeg
    IMG_4472.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4471.jpeg
    IMG_4471.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4470.jpeg
    IMG_4470.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 7
I came to the same conclusion on the "classic shoulder bag" the british tan bag pictured in the last post is in my possession.
Im pretty sure the Drawstring shoulder Pouch i mentioned is authentic. (also in my possession) here are the images-
It is hard to research the older bags that are before Coach instituted a meaningful numbering system on the creed!
Best,
Jessica

The drawstring Shoulder Pouch 4025 is authentic and from the late 1980s Lightweights line.

Remember, I did not say the other bag in Post # 88,491 was authentic and was a 9170 Classic Shoulder Bag. It does NOT have the correct strap and buckles or the full-length underflap pocket that style would have if it was made in the late 1980s. I said the creed in one photo was from a genuine bag, which is why I'm asking @BeenBurned and @whateve to take a look in case there was a similar style that's not in my catalogs or photo files.

There's always the possibility that a previous owner may have replaced the original strap with a slightly different style, but that doesn't explain the missing underflap pocket, which is in every catalog description for style 9170 that I checked and in several listings for authentic bags.

Last edited:
The drawstring Shoulder Pouch 4025 is authentic and from the late 1980s Lightweights line.

Remember, I did not say the other bag in Post # 88,491 was authentic and was a 9170 Classic Shoulder Bag. It does NOT have the correct strap and buckles or the full-length underflap pocket that style would have if it was made in the late 1980s. I said the creed in one photo was from a genuine bag, which is why I'm asking @BeenBurned and @whateve to take a look in case there was a similar style that's not in my catalogs or photo files.

There's always the possibility that a previous owner may have replaced the original strap with a slightly different style, but that doesn't explain the missing underflap pocket, which is in every catalog description for style 9170 that I checked and in several listings for authentic bags.
Sorry, I can't help on the details or on the style.

Reactions: Jacynthe

I can't find anything in my files like it.

Reactions: BeenBurned