Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

If you aren't expert enough to authenticate items, it's a good idea to verify authenticity of any items that you didn't personally purchase directly from an authorized retailer. All items should be authenticated BEFORE listing since sellers are supposed to know items are genuine before listing.

And it's never a good idea to use another seller's pictures. Not only is a buyer not seeing exactly what they're buying but using someone else's work, whether another seller's or a manufacturer's stock images is infringing on their intellectual property and is wrong, dishonest and in many cases, illegal.

Although the counterfeiters can and do copy just about anything, keychains are especially highly faked because they're easy to copy, materials can be procured cheaply and many buyers don't know about fakes and/or they don't care. However fake keychains often contain toxins that can leach into your skin and worse, might be played with by babies who will put the lead-laden charms into their mouths.

I did say that the pictures in your listings do appear to show authentic items, but now that we know that some (or all?) the pictures are not your own, it's a good idea to verify that YOUR ITEMS are the real deal, especially since some of the styles you're selling have been faked.

The following is important.
Except in the rare instance in which a seller has been accused by a buyer of selling a fake, forum rules disallow posting links to your own listings as it's considered to be self-promotion or advertising.

Although authenticators on other brand subforums here on TPF don't authenticate for sellers or for outside purchases, here on the Coach subforum, we are willing to help most people who need assistance in confirming and verifying authenticity. We appreciate sellers who are willing to do their due diligence so they don't rip off buyers so we will help sellers too.

If you want to verify that your items are authentic, you may post pictures of those items, letting us know where you got them. (See the post at the top of each page of the thread for the info we need.)

If you aren't expert enough to authenticate items, it's a good idea to verify authenticity of any items that you didn't personally purchase directly from an authorized retailer. All items should be authenticated BEFORE listing since sellers are supposed to know items are genuine before listing.

And it's never a good idea to use another seller's pictures. Not only is a buyer not seeing exactly what they're buying but using someone else's work, whether another seller's or a manufacturer's stock images is infringing on their intellectual property and is wrong, dishonest and in many cases, illegal.

Although the counterfeiters can and do copy just about anything, keychains are especially highly faked because they're easy to copy, materials can be procured cheaply and many buyers don't know about fakes and/or they don't care. However fake keychains often contain toxins that can leach into your skin and worse, might be played with by babies who will put the lead-laden charms into their mouths.

I did say that the pictures in your listings do appear to show authentic items, but now that we know that some (or all?) the pictures are not your own, it's a good idea to verify that YOUR ITEMS are the real deal, especially since some of the styles you're selling have been faked.

Except in the rare instance in which a seller has been accused by a buyer of selling a fake, forum rules disallow posting links to your own listings as it's considered to be self-promotion or advertising.

Although authenticators on other brand subforums here on TPF don't authenticate for sellers or for outside purchases, here on the Coach subforum, we are willing to help most people who need assistance in confirming and verifying authenticity. We appreciate sellers who are willing to do their due diligence so they don't rip off buyers so we will help sellers too.

If you want to verify that your items are authentic, you may post pictures of those items, letting us know where you got them. (See the post at the top of each page of the thread for the info we need.)
Yes please. I have posted all clear photos on my page but I DO NOT want to sell counterfeit items. I hope you can help because I want to resolve this issue and I apologize for being naive and not doing my due diligence. I got these all from a wholesaler. Not online. Here are a few. Please help me fast I need to make sure I am not hurting people so I can take them all down if they are not real

IMG_20230126_005804.jpg

IMG_20230126_010548.jpg

Yes please. I have posted all clear photos on my page but I DO NOT want to sell counterfeit items. I hope you can help because I want to resolve this issue and I apologize for being naive and not doing my due diligence. I got these all from a wholesaler. Not online. Here are a few. Please help me fast I need to make sure I am not hurting people so I can take them all down if they are not real

View attachment 5703372

View attachment 5703373
The BCA jewel fob keychain is authentic.

Reactions: Jacynthe
When the wholesaler bought them he showed me a photo of a shelf with boxes of these which seemed to be in a big warehouse. Some came with boxes and some came just wrapped in white tissue

View attachment 5703374

View attachment 5703375

View attachment 5703376

View attachment 5703377

View attachment 5703378

View attachment 5703379

View attachment 5703380

View attachment 5703381

View attachment 5703382

View attachment 5703383

View attachment 5703384

View attachment 5703385
You found the exception to the rule because most of the keychains we see that have come from "wholesalers" have been fake.

Yours seem okay.

#1: Enamel pear is style 1632.
#2: Signature locket looks good but I don't know the style number
#3: Brass HAC fob - I think it's okay but I'm not familiar with the actual item. Other opinions are welcome
#4: Love lanyard - It's fine (Don't know style number)
#5: Signature heart keychain - looks fine (Don't know style number)
#6: Legacy stripe heart - It looks good
#7: Red heart padlock - style 92118

In the future, please limit requests to 3 items per post. It's too hard to keep track when there are this many items in a post.

I hope I did this correctly. If it is authentic Coach I would like to purchase it before it is gone. Thanks
Please don't take it personally that your request was ignored. I don't recommend Poshmark and as such, I don't authenticate listings posted there and usually ignore them.

But because I think I'm the only authenticator who would comment on this bag, I'll do so.

So far, it seems okay but I need a few more pictures. Please request pictures of the front and back of the made in tag, a clear and legible picture of the full creed cropped to just outside the edges of the patch and a picture of the small white label that buried at the bottom left corner inside the zippered pocket.

On Shopgoodwill when the items have authenticated papers, can that be trusted?

ABSOLUTELY NOT !!! We've seen "authentications" by several well-known, or maybe I should say "well-ADVERTISED", authentication services that have been totally wrong even when accurate authentication information especially about fake serial numbers is openly available with a simple internet search. ENTRUPY is the worst offender because the tech-heads pushing their AI-based "system" can't or WON'T admit or understand that computers need to have current accurate information fed into them - "Garbage In, Garbage Out" - but some items especially vintage Coaches were handmade, and some simply don't follow the usual "Rules". Mistakes could be made in construction and small details like stampings that Entrupy's Artificial Intelligence model are incapable of recognizing and analyzing. It takes trained, experienced "little gray cells" available only only in the human brain, as well as a MASSIVE text and photo library collected over years and even decades to compare real and fake Coaches and to actually use HUMAN logic to figure out if a variation from what's "normal" is or isn't legitimately possible.There are hundreds of examples scattered throughout this and other forum threads showing how complicated authenticating Coaches and most other "designer" brands can be.

Just to use ONE set of possible search terms, a search here at tPF for "entrupy goodwill authentications" brings up 4 PAGES of posts using those words, and there are dozens of other words and combinations that mention the subject. PLEASE read the posts in the link below and understand that they are just a small part of what we've heard or read. Never NEVER NEVER buy any item with a highly-faked brand name, from Goodwill, shopgoodwill.com, or any other online site based only on a COA (Certificate Of Authenticity). Always have it authenticated here before buying or committing to buy. ALWAYS.

Here's an example that was posted in a different thread that details several days' history of the way Entrupy and Goodwill can work together to try to rip off buyers by refusing to follow their own Rules and responsibilities. It's a long story so please read the posted threads and the ones in between:

There's an entire 10-page thread JUST on the subject of Entrupy's seriously flawed authentication "system" across ALL brands:

And there are other services with a variety of other problems.

Last edited:

Could you let me know if Authentic please? Thanks​

Authentic Coach Park Ocelot Print Carrie Tote on Goodwill.com​

Coach Ocelot 1.jpg

Coach Ocelot 2.jpg

Coach Ocelot 3.jpg

Coach Ocelot 4.jpg

Coach Ocelot 5.jpg

Coach Ocelot 6.jpg