Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Item: Coach Classic Saddle with turnlock
Listing number: 975-5115
Seller and site where listed mandalyngrubb on Poshmark
Link: https://posh.mk/yTRbNqzOXwb
comments: Please authenticate this bag when you get a chance. It appears to be a Classic Saddle bag, but it has a turnlock. It’s slightly bigger than my other classic saddle & the leather feels thicker. It has a 17” strap drop.

View attachment 5703096

View attachment 5703097

View attachment 5703098

Please post a photo of the creed stamp and serial number. Thank you.

Reactions: Jacynthe
YAY. thank you so much! I always thought older coach bag use only brass zippers. Both zippers outside and inside pocket zippers were nylon. The leather is thick and beautiful.

At least one of the Salearea Coach Guides mentions Coach's use of nylon zippers.

Reactions: bagsforeverand

Thank you.

I believe it's genuine but I don't have a name or number for it. @whateve has probably mentioned a larger Shoulder Bag version with the turnlock before but it's not in my files or catalogs. If she doesn't reply here, you can try posting at the ID This Coach thread in the main Coach forum.

ETA - I made a note in my files on the Small Shoulder Bag 9530 a while back that reads "9530 - (Small) Shoulder Bag (1983) With Turnlock (1986) 8x7, 1986 Summer (like a smaller Stewardess 9525) or 9170
There may have been a larger version 9x11x4 w underflap pocket and inside zip pocket, NYC creed, no other info -
see photos as "unk_LG Shoulder Bag like 9530-9x11x4_NYC-a"

The photos are just like yours except for the number and the color. So it's a genuine style but the style name and number are apparently still unknown. But if 9530 is listed as the SMALL Shoulder Bag we could probably safely call this one The Large (or maybe Standard) Shoulder Bag With Turnlock?

unk_LG Shoulder Bag like 9530-9x11x4_NYC-a.jpgunk_LG Shoulder Bag like 9530-9x11x4_NYC-b1.jpgunk_LG Shoulder Bag like 9530-9x11x4_NYC-b2.jpgunk_LG Shoulder Bag like 9530-9x11x4_NYC-c.jpg

The smaller Style 9530 had several different names:

Summer 1986:
9530_Sm Shoulder Bag with Turnlock-summer1986.jpg

1983:
9530_Small Shoulder Bag-1983.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you.

I believe it's genuine but I don't have a name or number for it. @whateve has probably mentioned a larger Shoulder Bag version with the turnlock before but it's not in my files or catalogs. If she doesn't reply here, you can try posting at the ID This Coach thread in the main Coach forum.

ETA - I made a note in my files on the Small Shoulder Bag 9530 a while back that reads "9530 - (Small) Shoulder Bag (1983) With Turnlock (1986) 8x7, 1986 Summer (like a smaller Stewardess 9525) or 9170
There may have been a larger version 9x11x4 w underflap pocket and inside zip pocket, NYC creed, no other info -
see photos as "unk_LG Shoulder Bag like 9530-9x11x4_NYC-a"

The photos are just like yours except for the number and the color. So it's a genuine style but the style name and number are apparently still unknown:

View attachment 5703170View attachment 5703171View attachment 5703172View attachment 5703173
This is so interesting! Thank you for sharing this. I appreciate your help.

Happy weekend Authenticators,
Is this Taft the real deal? Thank you in advance for checking it.
eBay: le34ah567

It's fine.

ETA: Notice that's it's listed as local pickup only (NY).