Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Good afternoon all, so sorry, so many questions on my post. I just bought a big lot of vintage Coach bags (multiple items) from this ebay buyer who has 100% feedback. 2 bags 10x6x3” and 7x8x3” (different style) confirmed fake as they both have the same creed no N4H-9920, both texture of the interior leather doesn’t feel right. The 2 black crossbody are the 2 fake bags (from my point of view).
The brown vintage clutch 0070-306, 11x8x1.5”, the clutch/wristlet strap looks fake, brown Toiletries bag 10x6x6”(no creed no), the brown D5D 9755 penny pocket crossbody 9x6x2” strap drop is 18”, they are all questionable, please help to authenticate. I really appreciate your advises, just want to make sure before I contacted the seller. Thanks again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
Good afternoon all, so sorry, so many questions on my post. I just bought a big lot of vintage Coach bags (multiple items) from this ebay buyer who has 100% feedback. 2 bags 10x6x3” and 7x8x3” (different style) confirmed fake as they both have the same creed no N4H-9920, both texture of the interior leather doesn’t feel right. The 2 black crossbody are the 2 fake bags (from my point of view).
The brown vintage clutch 0070-306, 11x8x1.5”, the clutch/wristlet strap looks fake, brown Toiletries bag 10x6x6”(no creed no), the brown D5D 9755 penny pocket crossbody 9x6x2” strap drop is 18”, they are all questionable, please help to authenticate. I really appreciate your advises, just want to make sure before I contacted the seller. Thanks again!
Post a link to the listing and the name of the seller.

Reactions: Jacynthe
What do you think of this?

seller: antiquefindings
I think it's okay.

antiquefindings and what I believe is her other ID, from-old-to-new-items seem to have some really unusual items. I suspect they might be Japanese market (or another country) exclusives.

No, I really CAN'T explain what the differences are, sorry. And I'm not being snide or sarcastic.

This is Copied & Pasted exactly as it is in my personal style notes. If I find any new details on a style, I update this list immediately. This is what I have and now you'll have all the same details I have. If anyone here can add more confirmed details, it would be appreciated:

9131 - unk Hippie Flap, 9.5x10, 23 drop strap, China - seems identical to 9135 but maybe outlet version?
9132 - Mini Hippie Flap, 10.5x7x1, 24" strap drop

9134 - hippie flap, 12x11 Both Intro Fall 1999
9135 - Small Hippie Flap 9x9 (large is 9134), single unbroken strip of piping or binding around entire bag?

9134 and 9135 seem to be the only ones with a catalog history.
Thank you for the info Hyacinth, much appreciated. Do you have any idea when the 9131 was first introduced? I couldn't find it in your catalogs either! How strange! Why would they give ( 9131) basically the same bag as 9135, a completely different style number?? That's a real head scratcher! lol! Not to mention, there's several more. Oh well, it's like I've seen you say more than once, "the only thing consistent about Coach, is that they are totally inconsistent!" lol! This is a perfect example. Thanks again!

Thank you for the info Hyacinth, much appreciated. Do you have any idea when the 9131 was first introduced? I couldn't find it in your catalogs either! How strange! Why would they give ( 9131) basically the same bag as 9135, a completely different style number?? That's a real head scratcher! lol! Not to mention, there's several more. Oh well, it's like I've seen you say more than once, "the only thing consistent about Coach, is that they are totally inconsistent!" lol! This is a perfect example. Thanks again!

If they were made specially for the Factory Stores (MFF) they wouldn't be in the catalogs or on the website. If every example of a style found online has an outlet stamp and was made in 2006 or earlier, it's probably an outlet version. Coach didn't start using the "F" in front of the style number to indicate a Made For Factory item until mid-2006. Before that, bags made just for the outlets would only have the "bulls-eye" stamp.

What do you think of this?

seller: antiquefindings

I think it's okay.

antiquefindings and what I believe is her other ID, from-old-to-new-items seem to have some really unusual items. I suspect they might be Japanese market (or another country) exclusives.

I've seen it before. The Monkey is very much an Asian character and is one of the 12 Chinese Zodiac symbols, 2016 was the most recent Year Of The Monkey. It's also a popular character in Japan and in many Asian religions including Buddhism and Hinduism.