Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Reactions: LadaZuri
Dear Authenticators,
I bought this white soho bag from Poshmark. The leather feels hard so I have doubts in mind, don't know if it is usual in this style. Thanks so much for your help!
Item: Coach Soho Brainded White Leather Bag
Listing number:C06S - 10042
Seller and site where listed: brownsbankgirl from Poshmark
Link:https://poshmark.com/listing/Coach-Soho-Braided-White-Leather-Bag-MINT-5c5725117386bceba5b7e96f
It looks good. I wouldn't expect the leather to feel hard. Maybe it wasn't stored properly.

I’m not posting this bag for authentification, but for something I haven’t seen before. The first 4 digits of the random serial number are 1-2-3-4!
The only other interesting serial humber I have seen is on my Open Market tote. The last 4 digits are my month/day of birth:yes:
You guys see any other interesting serial #’s?

I’m not posting this bag for authentification, but for something I haven’t seen before. The first 4 digits of the random serial number are 1-2-3-4!
The only other interesting serial humber I have seen is on my Open Market tote. The last 4 digits are my month/day of birth:yes:
You guys see any other interesting serial #’s?
It's authentic.

Dear authenticators, request to authenticate please. Thank you!

Item: Red Willis
Listing number:373215349170
Seller and site where listed: on ebay listed by ncjwla
Link:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Vint...349170?hash=item56e55e49b2:g:16cAAOSwMXxfYmbF
Comments: Would this Willis have been made in 2013? If so, I did not realize the Willis was made in this year, I thought they were only made earlier years. Thank you!
The bag is authentic and was made in 2001. "3" is the plant code for the plant in China where it was made.

Dear authenticators, request to authenticate please. Thank you!

Item: Red Willis
Listing number:373215349170
Seller and site where listed: on ebay listed by ncjwla
Link:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Vint...349170?hash=item56e55e49b2:g:16cAAOSwMXxfYmbF
Comments: Would this Willis have been made in 2013? If so, I did not realize the Willis was made in this year, I thought they were only made earlier years. Thank you!

The Salearea Guides explain Coach's production codes, specifically the ones on Creeds and on Serial Numbers. They can be a bit confusing on first read because it's a complicated subject. It usually takes several read-throughs before some of the information in the Salearea Guides starts to come together.

Coach did make several lines in the last 10 years or so using the Willis name, but it's not the same bag at all. Coach re-uses names all the time. While Coach did make some Willises in a few new colors in the early to mid 2000s from about 2001 to 2005-06, those were almost all made in China, the ones from about 2003 and newer mostly for the outlets, and will have 2-number year codes beginning with a zero, and usually an outlet "bulls-eye" stamp as well. The original Willises from the US, Italy, Costa Rica, etc will almost without exception have a single number year code. The China bags are nice and the colors attractive but the leather quality isn't quite up to the standard of the non-China originals, in the opinion of many of us here who own them.

As always, watch out for fakes! The Willises were faked often and many of them are very accurate except for problems with the creeds and serial numbers and a few other small details. Always have them authenticated here before buying.

Last edited:
The Salearea Guides explain Coach's production codes, specifically the ones on Creeds and on Serial Numbers. They can be a bit confusing on first read because it's a complicated subject. It usually takes several read-throughs before some of the information in the Salearea Guides starts to come together.

Coach did make several lines in the last 10 years or so using the Willis name, but it's not the same bag at all. Coach re-uses names all the time. While Coach did make some Willises in a few new colors in the early to mid 2000s from about 2001 to 2005-06, those were almost all made in China, the ones from about 2003 and newer mostly for the outlets, and will have 2-number year codes beginning with a zero, and usually an outlet "bulls-eye" stamp as well. The original Willises from the US, Italy, Costa Rica, etc will almost without exception have a single number year code. The China bags are nice and the colors attractive but the leather quality isn't quite up to the standard of the non-China originals, in the opinion of many of us here who own them.

As always, watch out for fakes! The Willises were faked often and many of them are very accurate except for problems with the creeds and serial numbers and a few other small details. Always have them authenticated here before buying.

Thank you for this information Hyacinth!!!

Thank you for this information Hyacinth!!!

" While Coach did make some Willises in a few new colors in the early to mid 2000s from about 2001 to 2005-06, those were almost all made in China, the ones from about 2003 and newer mostly for the outlets, and will have 2-number year codes beginning with a zero, and usually an outlet "bulls-eye" stamp as well."

I should have specified in my post that the 2-number year codes started in 2004, sorry!