Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

1- genuine, but it has about 2 years to go before it's technically "vintage"
2- genuine Anderson Zip, 1995
3- the serial number is too faint for me to even want to risk a guess. Maybe someone with younger eyes can read it.
4- it looks good, from 1999

1- genuine, but it has about 2 years to go before it's technically "vintage"
2- genuine Anderson Zip, 1995
3- the serial number is too faint for me to even want to risk a guess. Maybe someone with younger eyes can read it.
4- it looks good, from 1999
3. I'm seeing 5M - 9790. I can't read the first letter. I think it probably says made in the United States across the bottom of the creed. It's probably okay but I'd be more comfortable with a clearer picture.

Can someone authenticate this please?
-Item: tribeca tote? I think it reads H8D-9099
-I purchased it at a local store
-it’s about 12” wide, 11” high, 12” strap drop

Attachments

• EF9D5561-A200-45E0-B08C-B3289659248B.jpeg
    EF9D5561-A200-45E0-B08C-B3289659248B.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 9C96FB9E-439A-4C2D-A16A-689BCBABDE79.jpeg
    9C96FB9E-439A-4C2D-A16A-689BCBABDE79.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 09682223-87E3-476F-A2AD-07385DF5B4C6.jpeg
    09682223-87E3-476F-A2AD-07385DF5B4C6.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 81B0C245-6AD8-454A-82B1-5FB06305F2FF.jpeg
    81B0C245-6AD8-454A-82B1-5FB06305F2FF.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 104

3. I'm seeing 5M - 9790. I can't read the first letter. I think it probably says made in the United States across the bottom of the creed. It's probably okay but I'd be more comfortable with a clearer picture.
It's either E or L and the spacing is right. As much as I dislike PM, I'm willing to help in this case. It's fine.

ETA: I straightened and brightened the picture.

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 7.35.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 7.35.14 PM.png

Reactions: whateve
Reactions: Charlie’sBag
Hi. I just won the auction for 77612815 & was hoping I could get a bit more information on this bag. Can you please tell me the official name of this bag & decider the creed for me so I understand when & where it was made & learn for the future.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to help us all!

Your questions about dates and serial number codes can be answered by reading the six Salearea Guides Pinned to the top of every Coach Shopping index page. We did all the research, all you have to do is read it. The two Guides on Creeds and on Serial Numbers have a lot of good information but the other 4 Guides are also worth a read, especially the one on Authenticity Guide Facts and Myths.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/salearea-guides.983575/#post-32252957

The bag in that listing was called a Legacy Studio Flap, made in the late 1990s. The Salearea Guides can help you narrow it down a bit more.

Last edited:
Your questions about dates and serial number codes can be answered by reading the six Salearea Guides Pinned to the top of every Coach Shopping index page. We did all the research, all you have to do is read it.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/salearea-guides.983575/#post-32252957

The bag in that listing was called a Legacy Studio Flap, made in the late 1990s. The Salearea Guides can help you narrow it down a bit more.
Thanks Hyacinth. I’ve been reading the Salearea Guides because I definitely want to learn. I have no idea how you ladies keep all that info not to mention all the tons of exceptions in your brains! So, based on this creed it was made in October 1999? I couldn’t find a list of the factories so did I miss that?
Is there an area on the forum to ask general questions as I learn about authentication from the guides?