Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hello, all. I found a treasure trove of my must-haves and swooped in quickly. They are already in my possession although I only saw them first hand today after I arrived in Florida. I think they are all genuine but I would like verification from the experts. Thank you.
Listing: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Coa...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Here's the first one. I have a weakness for green bags.
Item number: 113903347065
Seller: valv26

It's faded but I think a good dunk in very warm water will bring it back to life. The fix of leather in pic 3 on the trim is more noticeable in the pics than IRL. I think it may be about 45 years old.

Second one:
Listing: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/COACH-4409-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Item number: 202664947696
Seller: elotz13
This tote is in absolutely pristine condition, I feel it may never have been used. It's huge and gorgeous and I paid 92.00 for it.

The last one I need to take some pics of the serial number and patch. I took a leap of faith for a 20 dollar purchase that it's genuine.

Reactions: houseof999
Hello, all. I found a treasure trove of my must-haves and swooped in quickly. They are already in my possession although I only saw them first hand today after I arrived in Florida. I think they are all genuine but I would like verification from the experts. Thank you.
Listing: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Coach-NYC-Skinny-Flight-bag-with-crossbody-strap-in-Olive/113903347065?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Here's the first one. I have a weakness for green bags.
Item number: 113903347065
Seller: valv26

It's faded but I think a good dunk in very warm water will bring it back to life. The fix of leather in pic 3 on the trim is more noticeable in the pics than IRL. I think it may be about 45 years old.

Second one:
Listing: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/COACH-4409-Black-Leather-Tote-Business-Purse-Bag-NICE/202664947696?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Item number: 202664947696
Seller: elotz13
This tote is in absolutely pristine condition, I feel it may never have been used. It's huge and gorgeous and I paid 92.00 for it.

The last one I need to take some pics of the serial number and patch. I took a leap of faith for a 20 dollar purchase that it's genuine.
First looks good.

Second link brings up a different listing from station_85.

I think this is the listing you bought:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/COACH-4409-...947696?hash=item2f2fc5aff0:g:aoIAAOSwpXZcxlKA

It's fine.

Here's the third one. A spectator bag, navy with white trim.

Listing: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-COACH-Leather-Purse/303261305861?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Item number: 303261305861
Seller: jordawoo_78
Additional pics

Genuine City Bag Spectator from 2001.

BTW, the original photos especially the two attached at the bottom of your post are HUGE. Not only are they each almost 3 MBs which means they might be rejected by the forum software for uploading, but when they're full size we can't see any details anyway, everything is blurred. Unless we ask for closeups there's no need to set your camera for such a large size - 5300 x 2988 pixels. That's about four times the width of my large laptop screen. It just causes problems and makes the original size useless for authentication. Thank you!

Last edited:

BTW, the original photos are HUGE. Not only are they each almost 3 MBs which means they might be rejected by the forum software for uploading, but when they're full size we can't see any details anyway, everything is blurred. Unless we ask for closeups there's no need to set your camera for such a large size.
Thanks for the authentification. I don't know why they get so huge on the forum. I just shoot a regular pic with my phone. I noticed the first one was huge but the others you had to click on were smaller.

BTW, the original photos especially the two attached at the bottom of your post are HUGE. Not only are they each almost 3 MBs which means they might be rejected by the forum software for uploading, but when they're full size we can't see any details anyway, everything is blurred. Unless we ask for closeups there's no need to set your camera for such a large size. It just causes problems and makes the original size useless for authentication.

ETA: I am not seeing the huge size you are when I click on the two attachments. I'll try to figure it out for next time. I am a Philistine when it comes to stuff like this. My apologies.

Thanks for the authentification. I don't know why they get so huge on the forum. I just shoot a regular pic with my phone. I noticed the first one was huge but the others you had to click on were smaller.

ETA: I am not seeing the huge size you are when I click on the two attachments. I'll try to figure it out for next time. I am a Philistine when it comes to stuff like this. My apologies.

ETA: Trying to see if it works.

Attachments

• coach spectator smaller image.jpg
    coach spectator smaller image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 91

Here's what I'm seeing. Here's a screenshot of the links to your 2 attachments, the first one is the creed photo. Note the file size is 2.8 MBs - to save space I'm going to make all the photos thumbnails, click on them and then on the diagonal arrow in the top right corner of the photo page to open the photo. The next page's photo will sometimes show a plus sign inside a circle to open it up even more.
fuzzymummy screenshots 10-13-2019-a.jpg

Clicking on that link brings up this, shrunk to fit my laptop screen:
fuzzymummy screenshots 10-13-2019-b.jpg

Clicking on the small encircled Plus sign to enlaarge it further brings up this, I'll just show a part of the serial number:
fuzzymummy screenshots 10-13-2019-c.jpg

When I first click on the link in the attachment to open up the photo and see the second photo in my post, I use the right-click menu and select "view image info" in the Media category, it shows that the original image is:
2,876.67 KB (2,945,710 bytes)
and
5,312px × 2,988px (scaled to 295px × 525px)
fuzzymummy screenshots 10-13-2019-d.jpg

So somewhere it's being saved before being scaled down to fit my screen as 2.876 KB (which is 2.8 MB). and a screen size of 5,312px × 2,988px (thousand of pixels). It's probably a setting somewhere in your phone but if you're not comfortable or familiar with the phone's settings, don't mess with them, you may run into problems. If the forum didn't allow you to directly add the last 2 photos that may be why. Just so you know it's happening. If you're storing those photos somewhere outside of your phone, you may be using a lot of storage space.

Please understand, my experience with photos and computers is all computer-based, so I don't really have any experience with photos and phones.

Last edited:
Here's what I'm seeing. Here's a screenshot of the links to your 2 attachments, the first one is the creed photo. Note the file size is 2.8 MBs - to save space I'm going to make all the photos thumbnails, click on them and then on the diagonal arrow in the top right corner of the photo page to open the photo. The next page's photo will sometimes show a plus sign inside a circle to open it up even more.
View attachment 4564563

Clicking on that link brings up this, shrunk to fit my laptop screen:
View attachment 4564564

Clicking on the small encircled Plus sign to enlaarge it further brings up this, I'll just show a part of the serial number:
View attachment 4564565

When I first click on the link in the attachment to open up the photo and see the second photo in my post, I use the right-click menu and select "view image info" in the Media category, it shows that the original image is:
2,876.67 KB (2,945,710 bytes)
and
5,312px × 2,988px (scaled to 295px × 525px)
View attachment 4564585

So somewhere it's being saved before being scaled down to fit my screen as 2.876 KB (which is 2.8 MB). and a screen size of 5,312px × 2,988px (thousand of pixels). It's probably a setting somewhere in your phone but if you're not comfortable or familiar with the phone's settings, don't mess with them, you may run into problems. If the forum didn't allow you to directly add the last 2 photos that may be why. Just so you know it's happening. If you're storing those photos somewhere outside of your phone, you may be using a lot of storage space.

Please understand, my experience with photos and computers is all computer-based, so I don't really have any experience with photos and phones.
Thank you for the explanation. It could be that the size of the file is making it difficult for me to post elsewhere as well. I'll see if I can fix it for further submissions.

Hello...
Would someone be able to help authenticate this for me ....thank you so much.

Gretchen

Attachments

• IMG_20191014_015030.jpg
    IMG_20191014_015030.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20191014_015057.jpg
    IMG_20191014_015057.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20191014_015105.jpg
    IMG_20191014_015105.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20191014_015136.jpg
    IMG_20191014_015136.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20191014_015245.jpg
    IMG_20191014_015245.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: houseof999
Hello...
Would someone be able to help authenticate this for me ....thank you so much.

Gretchen

It's a genuine Hudson Bag, style 4113 from the Lightweight Collection, made in the early 1990s.

BTW,. it's not necessary to post photos of the zipper brand stamp since the brands of zippers used in Coach bags can NEVER prove whether or not a Coach is authentic. Read the Signature in purple under every one of my posts.