Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Seller- Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana by way of Goodwill online
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/64522716
Question, putting aside the fact the creed on the bag on the left indicates it's fake based on info in the Guides here, for the round bag, the creed is imprinted on the bottom? I don't think I've seen that before. It makes sense for a small bag.
Side note, the last time I reported a bag on the GW online for a TX agency, supplying the link here, I recieved a polite thank you and the auction continued on for the bag to sell for over $80 : /

Last edited:
Seller- Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana by way of Goodwill online
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/64522716
Question, putting aside the fact the creed on the bag on the left indicates it's fake based on info in the Guides here, for the round bag, the creed is imprinted on the bottom? I don't think I've seen that before.
The bag on the right (round base) is authentic. The bag with the J8P prefix is fake.

The whole listing should be ended!

Side note, the last time I reported a bag on the GW online for a TX agency, supplying the link here, I recieved a polite thank you and the auction continued on for the bag to sell for over $80 : /
And that's why I'd never buy from an online Goodwill store/listing.

Although their listings state that they're "posted in accordance with shopgoodwill.com's policy prohibiting the sale of counterfeit items," and to contact them with "any questions or concerns about the authenticity of this item," it's impossible to contact them without signing up and giving them all your personal information except ss. number!

Good morning!
I’m looking to confirm that this bag is not authentic based on everything I’ve learned from reading along on this forum so far.. since I’m not sure, I haven’t reported the listing.

Item : Circle purse round
Listing number : 283386061175
Seller : encoreupscaleboutique
Link : https://www.ebay.ca/itm/COACH-Leath...-CrossBody-Strap-Shoulderbag-P5-/283386061175
Comments : I think this is supposed to be a canteen bag? The reason why I don’t think it’s authentic is because the creed font looks off, there is a spelling mistake, and there is hyphenated text. Otherwise I didn’t think the bag had obvious tells. But I’m interested to know what you think (and confirm whether it should be reported). Thanks a lot!

The bag on the right (round base) is authentic. The bag with the J8P prefix is fake.

Although their listings state that they're "posted in accordance with shopgoodwill.com's policy prohibiting the sale of counterfeit items," and to contact them with "any questions or concerns about the authenticity of this item," it's impossible to contact them without signing up and giving them all your personal information except ss. number!
I have an account. When I attempted to report a listing in the past, it seemed like my only option was to open a ticket and contact the individual GW agency directly, and I already indicated the response (and lack of action). Since this listing indicates it was, cough, cough, authenticated, I imagine they will do nothing if contacted.
Yup, buyer beware. Lurkers, you are warned.

Good morning!
I’m looking to confirm that this bag is not authentic based on everything I’ve learned from reading along on this forum so far.. since I’m not sure, I haven’t reported the listing.

Item : Circle purse round
Listing number : 283386061175
Seller : encoreupscaleboutique
Link : https://www.ebay.ca/itm/COACH-Leath...-CrossBody-Strap-Shoulderbag-P5-/283386061175
Comments : I think this is supposed to be a canteen bag? The reason why I don’t think it’s authentic is because the creed font looks off, there is a spelling mistake, and there is hyphenated text. Otherwise I didn’t think the bag had obvious tells. But I’m interested to know what you think (and confirm whether it should be reported). Thanks a lot!

You're correct, that serial number is a known and always-fake number, it's on the first part of the Daria48 Fake Coach Numbers list that's still posted at Ebay UK.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Fake-Coach-Serial-Numbers-NT-4903-and-more-/10000000002744619/g.html

And of course, "scrtches". Be careful about the hyphenated words though, a few later bags made in 1 or 2 plants also have them.

Last edited:
You're correct, that serial number is a known and always-fake number, it's on the first part of the Daria48 Fake Coach Numbers list that's still posted at Ebay UK.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Fake-Coach-Serial-Numbers-NT-4903-and-more-/10000000002744619/g.html

And of course, "scrtches". Be careful about the hyphenated words though, a few later bags made in 1 or 2 plants also have them.

Thank you, Hyacinth!
Thanks for pointing out the serial number, and that not all hyphenated words indicate a fake. I’ll try to keep that in mind! That’s why the services you and other Authenticators provide here are so invaluable!

Sorry I do have one more question, when reporting it, what would be the reason I should cite? Illegal activities? Can the seller dispute and do I need to provide proof? Thanks!

And they both have certificates of authenticity from Entrupy that will come with the bags.

Thank you, Hyacinth!
Thanks for pointing out the serial number, and that not all hyphenated words indicate a fake. I’ll try to keep that in mind! That’s why the services you and other Authenticators provide here are so invaluable!

Sorry I do have one more question, when reporting it, what would be the reason I should cite? Illegal activities? Can the seller dispute and do I need to provide proof? Thanks!

Known always fake serial number, misspelling in creed. If there's still room in the report, include the link to the Daria48 Fake Numbers list. The listing might already be gone.

The main category is probably Copyright violations, I don't have a copy of the report form handy right now.

And they both have certificates of authenticity from Entrupy that will come with the bags.

And if THAT doesn't tell you about how untrustworthy those Entrupy "authentications" can be, nothing will. :tdown:

A Google search should have found plenty of info on that fake J8P- serial prefix. And the idjits couldn't even manage to put the right style number on the "authentication" form, it should be 9139. Let's save this one for posterity. Click on the thumbnails.

ENTRUPY Auth letter FAKE J8P-serial prefix-a.jpg ENTRUPY Auth letter FAKE J8P-serial prefix-b.jpg

and a GENUINE J8P- serial number bag from the Costa Rica plant which is the ONLY plant location that ever used that prefix with its "P" plant code in September (month code J) of 1998:
1998_P_plant-CR-J8P-9960-daypack-b.jpg

Last edited:
Known always fake serial number, misspelling in creed. If there's still room in the report, include the link to the Daria48 Fake Numbers list. The listing might already be gone.

The main category is probably Copyright violations, I don't have a copy of the report form handy right now.

Thanks Hyacinth! Looks like someone beat me to reporting it. But this is good to know for my future reference. Thanks again!

I have an account. When I attempted to report a listing in the past, it seemed like my only option was to open a ticket and contact the individual GW agency directly, and I already indicated the response (and lack of action). Since this listing indicates it was, cough, cough, authenticated, I imagine they will do nothing if contacted.
Yup, buyer beware. Lurkers, you are warned.

And if THAT doesn't tell you about how untrustworthy those Entrupy "authentications" can be, nothing will. :tdown:

A Google search should have found plenty of info on that fake J8P- serial prefix. And the idjits couldn't even manage to put the right style number on the "authentication" form, it should be 9139. Let's save this one for posterity. Click on the thumbnails.

View attachment 4367929 View attachment 4367930

and a GENUINE J8P- serial number bag from the Costa Rica plant which is the ONLY plant location that ever used that prefix with its "P" plant code in September (month code J) of 1998:
View attachment 4367950

If anyone has further comments, feel free:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/entrupy-is-not-dependable.1006960/