~*Authenticate This! Beauty Items*~

Anyone know how to authenticate Sigma brushes? I just bought the E50 from Amazon. It actually cost more than from Sigma, but included shipping so still a savings. It arrived stuffed into a cheesy plastic cover, with some UPC sticker slapped on it, including on the handle. it's one of those stickers that does not come off and leaves a nasty glue/paper residue. The biggest tip off was the furrule. It has three indent bands on the bottom, and every single photo of every single Sigma brush I've ever seen has two indent bands.
Also, are the black handles on the precision and E50 supposed to be glossy or matte? Mine are glossy.

Any guidance will be most appreciated.

Last edited:
Does this website sell fake perfume and body lotions?
http://www.overstockperfume.com

Specifically: http://www.overstockperfume.com/bvleapauecsp25.html

I had NO IDEA that there were fake beauty products out there. I am looking for a small trial size as a gag gift for someone. What do you think?
I would be very careful with Overstock.com. I almost ordered Guerlain perfume from them on EBAY, item #
400386897275 thinking it was PURE PERFUME/PARFUM considering the photo of the box was for pure. I read the description below to find out it was EAU DE parfum, which is probably worth 1/10 the price. They also say 30 day money back guarantee on top but, below they say "we cannot accept returns on this product" BEWARE !

Hi, I'm not sure if this thread is still alive but I wanted to know if anyone has purchased a GHD from drugstore.com I know this site is reliable because I usually buy typical drug store items and I use the 2 day shop runner and also they sell clarisonic mia's there but are the GHD hair flat irons authentic? Even though on the site it states under the details of the product, it doesn't guarantee warranty and such. I know it's not a authorized seller either on GHD.com :/

I would be very careful with Overstock.com. I almost ordered Guerlain perfume from them on EBAY, item #
400386897275 thinking it was PURE PERFUME/PARFUM considering the photo of the box was for pure. I read the description below to find out it was EAU DE parfum, which is probably worth 1/10 the price. They also say 30 day money back guarantee on top but, below they say "we cannot accept returns on this product" BEWARE !
Thank You for all the useful information posted. I'm sure you've helped people like myself from spending money on copycat perfume. Like the old saying "If it's to good to true then it probable isn't"

I was in the Juicy store yesterday and found a perfume that I am obsessed with. I sprayed it on a whim and happened to fall in love with it. It's the Viva La Juicy La Fleur.

I found it online at a reasonable price. Between $38.00-60.00 depending on the seller. I'm wary of buying on Amazon because I don't want a perfume that's been tampered with or diluted with water, but they have some great prices. I found the website perfumesworld.com, as well as perfumeloft.com, and places like Fragrance Hut, Fragrance and More. Does anyone have any experience with those places? Can I trust?

Also, is eBay a good place to buy? How do I know if the perfume is authentic?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. Any advice and help would be so appreciated!

I tried Amazon's resellers and ebay several time for various perfumes and returned them all! I don't know if the items were illegal counterfeits or just improperly stores at some point but the scent resembled nothing what the original version smelled like. IMO the savings is not worth the hassle of having to return the products. My recommendation is to stay clear and purchase at authorized resellers such as department stores or Sephora/Ulta.

Buying from Amazon would be tricky, I personally wouldn't take my chances with a seller. But there are other websites that sell it at least 15%-20% off like perfumemania.com, fragrancex.com, and fragrancenet.com. I've ordered from there for the perfume store I work at and I can defiantly confirm that they're authentic. If you find perfume online for more than 30% off then most likely it's fake. A seller who's selling expensive, authentic perfume for that cheap wouldn't be able to make a profit from it.

Buying from Amazon would be tricky, I personally wouldn't take my chances with a seller. But there are other websites that sell it at least 15%-20% off like perfumemania.com, fragrancex.com, and fragrancenet.com. I've ordered from there for the perfume store I work at and I can defiantly confirm that they're authentic. If you find perfume online for more than 30% off then most likely it's fake. A seller who's selling expensive, authentic perfume for that cheap wouldn't be able to make a profit from it.

Thank you for the advice. I'm still so bummed about Amazon because I have a gift card. Before I throw in the towel for good, do you have any info. on these Amazon sellers?
OTC Trading
MaxMed
ShadesandSprays (this one is $67.00, which is closer to the retail price)
PerfumesWorld
Jewelzie
Perfume Emporium (this one is $70.00, so also a more legit price)

I totally feel foolish for posting this because I know the answer is that these are all probably knock off sellers, but I have the slight hope that the ones in bold may be legit (especially Perfume Emporium).

hey, are "sample" MAC authentic? instead of having the normal names, formula and code stick on the bottom of lipstick it just says SAMPLE then the name of the lipstick. I was told it's a PR sample.. so you can only get them if MAC sends you them for review?

I have purchased sets like that before at a high-end department store, but they aren't name-brand, per-se...especially not M.A.C. It was reasonably priced, but I paid more for it than what its going for on ebay. The quality isn't the best - but, you get what you pay for.