Authenticate This! Balenciaga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when someone mixes up the designer bag patterns at the Fake Factory in China?

You get a Motor-Padding-Jacobs!!:lol:

AUTHENTIC BALENCIAGA LE DIX MOTORCYLE BAG RRP £715 Item number: 6881362923

It's creative to say the least.

susan-eric said:
It varies. I just sold a City on ebay for $50 below retail. I probably could have gotten more if I waited, but I didn't want to keep relisting because I wanted to use the funds for something else. I think the buyer got a good deal, though, because it was a desirable color and no longer available. With the current colors, however, I don't understand why anyone would pay more than retail when they can just call Balenciaga or Barneys and order it there.

There are only a handful of Barneys around the country and I don't think many people call BNY to even ask about their stock. People just assume this bag is unavailable...as that's what the sellers usually say and they've heard that before.

Now though it is crazy considering the stock numbers are greater so stores are even throwing the bags to the sale rack. eBayers should shop around more as the best deals aren't always there (kinda like Wal*Mart) but that doesn't stop the droves...now does it?

byMiMi said:
hey tod, the main reason why the rasberry one is fake is because there was never a color made by balenciaga that is that rasberry.

the other reasons:
tassles are too few and not wrapped correctly for a brand new bag
the white balenciaga tag is wrong (it's a red flag to me when you see just the white tag, because most of the fakes come with a white tag and string - and the authentic comes with a black string and safety pin, so obviously someone removed the string for a reason...)
inside silver tag is wrong
lampo zipper is wrong for the 'date' of the bag
the buckles are also off....

Thanks Mimi. Boy, you guys are good:amuse:

caff3ineaddict said:
Bbag expertise on this please: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6880675726&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Thanks much ladies! I've got my :heart: set on this one!!

Btw, Do all new bbags come with plastic over the metal tag?

I didn't notice anything that looked suspect. Do you mean that peel-off plastic strip that protects from scratching? Yes--they come with one that peels off the front side. I suppose it's possible that it might not be there if the bag was a return.

Ask for one more photo--see below

chigirl said:
I am not sure if it is authentic but I would ask about the shoulder strap. I don't see one unless I just missed it somewhere.

Wasn't it in the top photo? I don't remember a photo of the bales. Make sure you see one before bidding as that is an area where it's easy to spot a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.