Authenticate This Anya Hindmarch

Hi All!

I have a funny feeling on this one, especially since I've bought it and it's in my posession :sad:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220338955135

Here is a link to the sale, the buyer is charging $450 for this item which I thought was a great deal....she got it as a gift, originally posted the item at $550, it didn't sell, so she lowered her price.

The seller has a 97.7% positive feedback rating, and pics are enclosed. I was okay with everything, except, on the quality control card, the number is "007" and the item is stamped with a "B" stamp. It looks auth, but the control number "007" is throwing me off. Also the stitching on the dustbag, around the label is every so slightly off for about 1 cm.

I paid through paypal, so hope I have recourse if this is not auth...

Can you help me authenticate this item? Can I call the Anya Hindmarch website to check the QC number??

:shrugs::shrugs:

Attachments

• AHC1.JPG
    AHC1.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 582
  • AHC2.JPG
    AHC2.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 444
  • AHC3.JPG
    AHC3.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 439
  • AHC4.JPG
    AHC4.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 436
  • AHC5.JPG
    AHC5.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 466
Hi,
Is there anyone who owns a Anya Hindmarch cosser bag? I got one last year from a consignment store and firmly believe to be real. However I just discovered that madeinchina . com sells fake cossers. I would never have imagined that this bag is faked, too.
I am sure mine is real because it is very well made with suede lining, etc..., but cannot help wondering whether I got the fake one.
Anyone can help?

OK,
here are a few pictures. The closer takes are not as clear as I wanted them to be please advise if you need clearer ones. I think it can be still seen that the bag is hand stiched and well made.
I hope someone can help me, it was soooo shocking to see that there are fakes of this bag. I honestly thought that if I get a lesser known brand/bag, I am safe from counterfaits.
Thanks

Attachments

• anya3.JPG
    anya3.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 250
  • anya4.JPG
    anya4.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 242
  • anyah1.JPG
    anyah1.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 215
  • anyah5.JPG
    anyah5.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 228
  • anyah6.JPG
    anyah6.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 216
Hi,
I am thoroughly confused as to the authenticity of this bag. I recently purchased it on ebay and can return it tomorrow for a refund if I choose. I thought the genuine Cooper bag had a light creamy colored suede lining. The one I received has more of a tan/khaki lining. Also, there are some inconsistent stitches in a few places. Further, the underside of the flap for the front pocket has 1 seam in the center under the buckle. An Anya Hindmarch sales assistant sent me photos of a gray cooper bag awhile back and the flap had a total of two seams on the underside...one on each side where it curves. I sent the photos below to an Anya Hindmarch SA at the Vegas boutique and she thinks the bag is genuine. She says the lining should be the color of mine and that inconsistencies can be in the real Cooper bags as well--that it just depends on the calfskin. She says she's seen fakes and they don't look as good...but I'm not sure she's familiar with "authentic grade" fakes like those at bagaholics.com, eliadore.com, etc. My bag supposedly was purchased last year from net-a-porter.com in the UK. The authenticity card has handwritten control nos., etc. on it rather than stamped. Let me know what you think!
Below also is the link for the ebay auction where I bought it. She says the lining looks lighter due to the use of her flash. I just don't know. She has reposted the bag on ebay but I have not returned it because I'm still trying to decide on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Anya-...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:13|39:1|240:1318

Cooper7.jpg

Cooper8.jpg

Cooper3.jpg

Cooper5.jpg

Cooper10.jpg

Cooper4.jpg

Cooper6.jpg

Cooper11.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not familiar w/ this designer or these bags, hopefully someone will post soon to help you.

Is there anyway you can visit a dept store in your area that carries this bag to compare?

The stitching is terrible for an expensive bag, that's for certain.

I'm curious as to why this seller has relisted a bag you haven't returned. :confused1:

Does she have more than one?

Hi, Thanks for your responses. I am a newbie with buying designer bags but common sense tells me that the stitching just isn't right for something originally retailed at $1600! The Anya salesperson I talked to said that they do use machines to make some of their bags but I would think they'd still be better than what I'm seeing.

I live in Va. Beach and unfortunately our dept. stores don't carry the Anya Hindmarch bags. I have called a few boutiques but they no longer have the Cooper in stock. I surfed around some replica sites last night and several with photos of the Cooper with the front flap open show the same seam detail as the one in my possession--only one seam under the buckle. When I found her relisted auction last night I was shocked! Granted, I have told her I'm returning it but she has it listed with a Buy It Now of $650 and requires immediate payment and doesn't even have the bag in her possession yet. What would she do if someone bought it and I changed my mind and kept the bag? Strange!! I also called net-a-porter.com in the UK because the invoice copy she sent me is from them. They only could confirm that a cream cooper bag was sold on that invoice but wouldn't give other details.

At least I can return this one. I never would have purchased without a return policy anyway. Live and learn! Her new auction doesn't allow returns.

Here are the photos Lynn Biehl (a sales assistant at the boutique in CA) sent me back in December when they still had the Cooper in stock.

Maybe these will help folks questioning authenticity in the future.

GreyCoopergenuinefrontflap.jpg

Graycoopergenuinefrontanotherview.jpg

Graycoopergenuinefromtheback.jpg

Gracoopergenuineinterior.jpg

Graycoopergenuineinterioranothervie.jpg

I'm not one to immediately scream "it's a fake!", but I DEFINATELY see a huge difference in quality from the pics of the bag that you purchased and the bag the SA sent you.

The texture of the leather looks different, the interior is different, and look at the stitching on the underside of the flap of the SA's pics - beautifully done. The stitching on the bag you purchased is not only crooked, but the thread is thin and the stitch sizing is inconsistent.

I'm not for sure on this, of course, but IMO the bag you received is a fake. :s

The seller agreed to accept the return. Here's what she wrote me:

Also, have a question regarding your note on eBay. Are you implying that the bag isn't authentic? Because it is and I purchased it directly from Anya Hindmarch's online store.

If you could please send back either via FedEx or Express mail with a tracking # within three days, I would greatly appreciate it. I want to relist it as soon as possible.

I'm sorry you aren't happy with the bag. As soon I receive it back in the condition in which I sent it, I will refund your money. :smile:

Thanks.
Stacy

My response:

Hi, Stacy,
Thanks for your reply. I hope your bag is authentic. I just don’t understand why the lining is darker than the photo in the listing as well as darker than the one in the photos sent to me by an Anya sales assistant. I also don’t understand the difference in the seam detail on the underside of the bag. Maybe the Anya Hindmarch folks produced the Cooper bag differently. I just think that a $1600 bag would be consistently produced. If not, then shame on them.

Her response:

Hi Anne Marie -

I can assure you the bag was purchased from Anya via their Web site. The only thing I can think of is that what was in the store vs. what was shipped from their Web site is different and maybe they were produced at different times. I bought mine in June and maybe now they are produced differently. Mine also came directly from Anya and possibly from London; so that could be the difference too.

The Anya website she refers to I assume is net-a-porter....which technically isn't even the Anya webstore.

I hate to be accusatory but with your input and my own experience, I don't think that the photos on her original listing are even those of the bag I received. I sure hope she doesn't give me an issue with saying the bag isn't in the same condition it was sent to me in.

This is what was in the listing I purchased from:

AnyacooperfrontinStacyebaylisting.jpg

The leather looks more buttery to me. Also, try as I might I couldn't get my Cooper to fluff up like this one. I put rolled up towels inside to fill it but it wouldn't sit like the photo above.

AnyacooperinteriorinStacyebaylistin.jpg

Her explanation for the interior in this photo being lighter is that it's caused by her camera flash. My photos were taken with my husband's Nikon D80 camera and I used the flash.

I'm definitely returning this one.