Aubergine - What do you think?

I'm glad u started this post. I was debating whether to get aubergine in the disco bag aka mini messenger or in pillow. It seems like a deep purple in pics. Haven't seen it irl. But it looks like it can wear dirt well.

To me it is on the more brownish end of purplish/red. I compared ebano with aubergine in the store and the aubergine looked like a richer brown/ very deep blood-red, comparatively. I don't see any blue tone at all. I feel it would suit a larger bag like the veneta, so well - so tempted by the pillow but I thought the colour was a bit wasted on a smaller bag.

To me it is on the more brownish end of purplish/red. I compared ebano with aubergine in the store and the aubergine looked like a richer brown/ very deep blood-red, comparatively. I don't see any blue tone at all. I feel it would suit a larger bag like the veneta, so well - so tempted by the pillow but I thought the colour was a bit wasted on a smaller bag.
You might be right that it would be best in a larger style, like the Veneta or Roma.

Aubergine is my purple, BV making an Aubergine was supposed to be a prayer answered but I was bitterly disappointed. The aubergines (eggplants) that I cook are not that colour. They are not dark red-brown but dark black-purple. You just have to grab 'your' colours when you see them or walk away completely.

Aubergine is maybe a beautiful color but I am not too crazy about it. It's not purple enough for me. As papertiger mentioned in her post it is indeed a red-brown color with no hues of blue. Here is a small wallet in Aubergine on top of an Ebano bag.

Attachments

• Ebano vs Aubergine.jpg
    Ebano vs Aubergine.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 971