Aubergine - What do you think?

Jan 3, 2013
It seems that many brands have the Aubergine color for this fall and winter. Has anyone gotten anything in BV's aubergine? What do you think of the color?

Aug 12, 2008
I'm glad u started this post. I was debating whether to get aubergine in the disco bag aka mini messenger or in pillow. It seems like a deep purple in pics. Haven't seen it irl. But it looks like it can wear dirt well.

NYCgirl

O.G.
Oct 29, 2006
I love Aubergine. Such a rich and luxurious color. I do feel like it is really just a fall / winter color, though.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2013
I'm loving Aubergine and I personally feel it is a seasonal color but then again, I might be biased as my favourite color is purple.

Silkpearl

Nov 27, 2013
To me it is on the more brownish end of purplish/red. I compared ebano with aubergine in the store and the aubergine looked like a richer brown/ very deep blood-red, comparatively. I don't see any blue tone at all. I feel it would suit a larger bag like the veneta, so well - so tempted by the pillow but I thought the colour was a bit wasted on a smaller bag.

NYCgirl

O.G.
Oct 29, 2006
I'm tempted by it in the turnlock clutch, but not sure I'd get enough use out of it I that style.

Attachments

NYCgirl

O.G.
Oct 29, 2006
To me it is on the more brownish end of purplish/red. I compared ebano with aubergine in the store and the aubergine looked like a richer brown/ very deep blood-red, comparatively. I don't see any blue tone at all. I feel it would suit a larger bag like the veneta, so well - so tempted by the pillow but I thought the colour was a bit wasted on a smaller bag.
You might be right that it would be best in a larger style, like the Veneta or Roma.

septembersiren

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 28, 2009
Margate, NJ
thank you for posting picture
I like the color but for some reason I thought it would be more purple
it leans towards the browns
I feel it is a 3 seaon color
not for summer

I'm tempted by it in the turnlock clutch, but not sure I'd get enough use out of it I that style.

Viaggiare

O.G.
May 9, 2007
It's a true eggplant which will work well with black, pink(!), navy, denim, charcoal, lighter grays and beiges but is definitely a fall and winter color. LIKE!

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
It's a true eggplant which will work well with black, pink(!), navy, denim, charcoal, lighter grays and beiges but is definitely a fall and winter color. LIKE!
Based on some of your recent acquisitions, I could see this color totally being in your wheel house! What would you get?

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Aubergine is my purple, BV making an Aubergine was supposed to be a prayer answered but I was bitterly disappointed. The aubergines (eggplants) that I cook are not that colour. They are not dark red-brown but dark black-purple. You just have to grab 'your' colours when you see them or walk away completely.

news2me

Mar 19, 2012
California
Aubergine is maybe a beautiful color but I am not too crazy about it. It's not purple enough for me. As papertiger mentioned in her post it is indeed a red-brown color with no hues of blue. Here is a small wallet in Aubergine on top of an Ebano bag.

Attachments