Attention people from countrys not the U.S.: What is the coolest bag in your country?

I live in Italy (north-east of Italy): here people continue to carry LV bags, of any model or monogram (especially canvas and denim), but I think most of these bags are fake. I often see Prada bags, some Guccis (esp the ones with the big horsebit on the handle) and some Fendis (but not Spies). I only saw once a Paddington and a Balenciaga (both in black).

mlertpac said:
I'm currently living in Hong Kong. Everyone and their mom owns some form of the LV monogram... but I've seen a lot of gucci as well. Very few balenciagas and chloe paddingtons.

My mom and I think majority of them are fakes. Afterall, it's only a 30 minute train ride to Shenzhen, where you have access to Mall of the Fakes. :biggrin: Everything except humans are fake. Oh, and the tailors that work there!

I agree, there are a lot of fakes in HK. But I saw quite a few paddies, BVs and Hermes there in big malls,hotels and restaurants.

Artofacquisition, if you do a search on this forum, you will find a lot of the pictures and colours of the GD bag. Some people actually prefer more simplistic design.:lol:

here in Argentina very few people have designer bags. But i've seen quite a lot of LV speedys lately...
Once i saw a spy and a birkin... but i think those were tourists.. However, i live in a small town, so i'm just talking about the times i went to capital...

in indonesia ppl crave gucci, lv (esp. speedy for d young ppl, suhali collection for middle-aged woman), dior, n some burberry, hermes birkin too *which country doesnt?*

There are SOO MANY fakes of them but many ppl buy the authentics too *not just buy, collect*. The economic gap in my country is huge, so there are ppl who r in starvation, homeless, living under poverty, there r lots of spreading diseases, rebels,..many ppl dont even know that bags cud be that expensive-even 5 u$ is an enormous amount of money for em.. *makes me feel guilty everytime i buy new 'it' bag* but still there are many ppl who hop around shopping malls n boutiques, indulging themselves with luxurious stuffs n having regular shopping spree abroad ^^;

KK said:
Artofacquisition, if you do a search on this forum, you will find a lot of the pictures and colours of the GD bag. Some people actually prefer more simplistic design.:lol:

I agree! It's a very simple design, the leather is very soft and I love the shape. Part of the allure is that it's relatively inexpensive ($325-395 range, varies by store) and here in the US, you don't see the bag everywhere you go...like you do other styles and designs. ;)

esiders said:
I agree! It's a very simple design, the leather is very soft and I love the shape. Part of the allure is that it's relatively inexpensive ($325-395 range, varies by store) and here in the US, you don't see the bag everywhere you go...like you do other styles and designs. ;)

I can see that it may be worth that price range. I was imagining that it is $1000+, like other bags, and at that price range I could not understand what the appeal is. But at $400 and under it may be a good buy.

Thinking about it, thats kinda tough ... here in Toronto, Canada, there are soo many different "it" bags at the moment. You see everywhere LV, Balenciaga, Chanel, etc.. so you are always seeing something different.

esiders said:
here in the US, you don't see the bag everywhere you go...

You're lucky. I see ten of those every day, it's getting too blah. For me, it's too middle ground, not inexpensive and not big brand (Chloe, LV...) for my taste. I'd rather go for more original alternatives or more inexpensive brands, like the Vanessa Bruno totes.

Perja said:
TheArtofAcquisition, if you Google for it, you can see what it looks like. And boudoir, you're right, every "fashionista" on the block has these.
There are better styles to take atm ;)
Exactly! I hope for those living in Charlotte-free land that they're not going to have the same phenomenon as we have here. Charlottes everywhere!!!

( PS That was weird to write because my own name is Charlotte :weird: :lol: )

boudoir said:
In Paris, it's definitely the Gerard Darel Charlotte. I see at least 10 everyday and had to sell mine as it made me feel like a lamb.
It's really pretty though!
Other than that, anything goes, we have traditional brands like Lancel, Longchamps, but also lots of no-name bags. Oh and there's also the sequin totes by Vanessa Bruno.

Quick question, I was travelling for business and went to a discount store with name brands happily in a place where no one knew what the brands were. I found a gorgeous present season Lancel for $10 US!!! and 2 bags by Equipage. I had nevr heard of this brand before but it is becoming my favorite for work...the leather is tough and treated to be waterproof. Is this a well-known brand in France?

handbagmuseumcurator said:
Quick question, I was travelling for business and went to a discount store with name brands happily in a place where no one knew what the brands were. I found a gorgeous present season Lancel for $10 US!!! and 2 bags by Equipage. I had nevr heard of this brand before but it is becoming my favorite for work...the leather is tough and treated to be waterproof. Is this a well-known brand in France?
Lancel is very well-known and Equipage if I'm not mistaken is kind of a travel bags brand? I'm not so sure, it does ring a bell but it's not a designer brand, more like something you'd buy in a store for suitcases and business bags. Glad you like it!