At the risk of boring you lovely ladies.....

Thanks so much. I don't think I would have chosen this one given a choice. However, I think the 'lived' in look suits this style. It will mean I don't have to baby her and will use her happily. I'll probably get more mileage per £1 than out of any other bag.

Old School you and me both Emmy Lou. I think this bag reflects my age somewhat ;)

MBM:flowers:

Love the wrinkly graininess of your alexa! I had hoped for one a bit more textured than what I got...but as some have said, smooth or grainy/wrinkled, alexas are gorgeous! Enjoy your unique alexa and wear in good health! Congrats on a great deal as well!!!

Oooooooh, I love how wrinkled yours is! Mine is very smooth (got her from Harrods online and couldn't choose the piece) and I wouldn't much rather have gotten a crinkly one like yours! Maybe we should swap :P

Congrats on such a gorgeous bag... wear her in good health!

Congrats Teddies! I love grainy leathers too. I looked at a few Alexas in the shop and there are quite a bit of variation in the leathers. I thought the really smooth ones can look a bit wrinkled in places.

Ah! Thanks ladies ever so much. I really am genuinely chuffed that you like this one. I've been thinking about her all night and comparing her to the smooth one in Hoopers in my mind. I've been thinking too much about why someone else returned her and whether she really should be so wrinkly. I'm going to give her a spray today and probably use her tomorrow. By the way they had some colonill cream for special surfaces in Hoopers. I asked about using it on metalics, snakeskin etc and they said, ''Oh! Never treat a Mulberry with cream!!!' They only recommend Colonill.'' Shows how much they know. The Clark's Premium leather cream is going on this one. I was under the impression you have to feed leather, nourish it. Colonill is only a protector isn't it?

Teddies, I am so glad you have such a gorgeous Oak Alexa. It's such a lovely bag to use and mine seems to be getting better with useage. She seems even more grainy now and it developing a lovely character. I've left her sitting empty and slouched for the past few days and she just keeps getting better and better. I can't believe I had second thoughts about her at first.

I hope you really enjoying using her. I have sprayed mine twice with colonill and nourished once with Clarks Premium Cream and she has come up a treat.

By the way they had some colonill cream for special surfaces in Hoopers. I asked about using it on metalics, snakeskin etc and they said, ''Oh! Never treat a Mulberry with cream!!!' They only recommend Colonill.'' Shows how much they know. The Clark's Premium leather cream is going on this one. I was under the impression you have to feed leather, nourish it. Colonill is only a protector isn't it?

I think they're actually right. I've heard that the grease in creams can corrupt the leather and leave uneven patches. I think I also remember the lady from LovinmyBags say that you should never use creams on leather and if you send her a bag for restoration that has had cream applies to it, you MUST let them know because they cannot restore "greased" leather as easily as "ungreased" leather.

BTW, is this the regular Alexa?