At the Boutique: Have you ever asked....

Ultimate chic said; Not always, here's a prime example of a $2000 bag for $100 that isn't fake, there are bargains out there to be had.

Sorry darl that flight bag is a massive fake!! In that collection the straps are connected to the bag above the D clasp not below. To the untrained eyes it may look similiar but to me this looks like a hybrid of a Birkin.
>

I do not agree, I thought some had handles like this.

flight111.jpg

In regards to your question, working for the luxury company a SA although they would know, is not allowed to comment on the authenticity of a product. They will only be trained on current season collections or be familiar with bags depending on how long they have been with the company and if it is from previous seasons they may presume is fake when it might be real. If you make the choice to purchase outside official Boutiques you take the risk of it being couterfeit and if they offered this service to customers then by association they are supporting this industry. 99% of the time items on ebay are fake but realistically not everyone can afford to own a beautiful designer/dior creation. Price is a huge indication if you pay $100 when it retails for $2000 in a boutique its fake. Hope this helps you :smile:

i think that is what has just happened here...that flight bag is not fake , its an authentic deal.

Ultimate chic said; Not always, here's a prime example of a $2000 bag for $100 that isn't fake, there are bargains out there to be had.

Sorry darl that flight bag is a massive fake!! In that collection the straps are connected to the bag above the D clasp not below. To the untrained eyes it may look similiar but to me this looks like a hybrid of a Birkin.

Plus, i find your comment not very nice to ultimatechic - she has helped authenticate tens and tens of bags here and you so far have taken a real bag for a fake...speak of untrained eye...:s

I don't think there is a set in stone rule about if the Dior SAs are allowed to authenticate bags. I know some SAs who happily authenticate bags and some who refuse to, so I guess it just depends what SA you get when you visit the store.

My Mum has that white flight bag, as mentioned already the bag off eBay ultimatechic posted is 100% real.

Honestly, some SA's can be jack asses. What's funny is, when i go in LV, Gucci and Dior stores, they're extremely nice and treat me very respectfully, but when i go into COACH, they keep looking at me like im some supposed suspect. It's disgusting.

I bought my Dior at the NM in vegas and the lady that helped me said that dior is so detailed and expensive to make that a lot of people don't bother with making knock offs or replicas. She said Louis Vuitton has the most fakes.

I bought my Dior at the NM in vegas and the lady that helped me said that dior is so detailed and expensive to make that a lot of people don't bother with making knock offs or replicas. She said Louis Vuitton has the most fakes.

hihi i suggest that lady goes on Ebay and see tens and hundreds of Dior fakes sold there everyday ...im afraid she doesnt know what she is talking about....:nogood:

hihi i suggest that lady goes on Ebay and see tens and hundreds of Dior fakes sold there everyday ...im afraid she doesnt know what she is talking about....:nogood:

And the number of fakes is sad :sad: It's not cool to ruin great bags' image so badly, that everytime you see a bag on the street you have to think twice before you envy the carrier. Here where I live, people don't know absolutely anything of fashion nor fashionbrands such as Dior, so everytime when I see a Vuitton/Gucci/etc. bag on the street, I know for 99% sure that it's a feak. And it's sad cause I hate fakes, they're never in fashion, and when I carry my Dior Cannage Drawstring or Chanel Hobo Bag, I just can feel how people look at it and think if it's authentic or not. That's what's it like here in North, where no one knows anything about fashion nor respect authenticity.

(And becaus eof the location, I have to appologise my english :shame: I hope you can understand even something of my terrible explanation)