Aspinal of London

I bought a few things and the items arrived yesterday. This is my first Aspinal of Londom purchase and I am not thrilled. Anybody with insight or comments particularly regarding the nano mayfairs?

1. BOXES - so they only come with the AOL bose if you purchase gift wrapping? Minor disappointment none of mine had any boxes.

2. NANO MAYFAIR - I purchased 2 in the gold champagne croc--one for me and one for a friend. Maybe the color is prone to issues at manufacturing? Or they were returns? Both have little discolorations on several portions of the bag--some look like scuff marks and some possibly underneath the sealant? I'm thinking it may be an issue with the color and material type which confuses me on if that should make somebody more or less bothered. One one hand then it would mean they're not intentionally selling me beat up returns but the on the other hand then it would mean it's being sold like that at full price new. If I had paid full price I would have been mad. It was quite discounted though. Anyway, I'm debating if I should keep or return--seems like a pain since I am in the USA and they weren't super expensive and I did want a nano bag ... Anybody else have this bag or same materials on a bag?

3. DOUBLE CREDIT CARD HOLDER - lavendar croc. No color or scuff issues like the nano mayfair. There was a small something hanging off one corner which I had to trim but it's fine now. It does not close super well if you double up the cards but I do like it.

4. STRAWBERRY KEY HOLDER - small reddish smudge on the side that says Aspinal of London but still cute.

Hope all you bag lovers are having a great weekend!

Reactions: seton and seamist
I bought a few things and the items arrived yesterday. This is my first Aspinal of Londom purchase and I am not thrilled. Anybody with insight or comments particularly regarding the nano mayfairs?

1. BOXES - so they only come with the AOL bose if you purchase gift wrapping? Minor disappointment none of mine had any boxes.

2. NANO MAYFAIR - I purchased 2 in the gold champagne croc--one for me and one for a friend. Maybe the color is prone to issues at manufacturing? Or they were returns? Both have little discolorations on several portions of the bag--some look like scuff marks and some possibly underneath the sealant? I'm thinking it may be an issue with the color and material type which confuses me on if that should make somebody more or less bothered. One one hand then it would mean they're not intentionally selling me beat up returns but the on the other hand then it would mean it's being sold like that at full price new. If I had paid full price I would have been mad. It was quite discounted though. Anyway, I'm debating if I should keep or return--seems like a pain since I am in the USA and they weren't super expensive and I did want a nano bag ... Anybody else have this bag or same materials on a bag?

3. DOUBLE CREDIT CARD HOLDER - lavendar croc. No color or scuff issues like the nano mayfair. There was a small something hanging off one corner which I had to trim but it's fine now. It does not close super well if you double up the cards but I do like it.

4. STRAWBERRY KEY HOLDER - small reddish smudge on the side that says Aspinal of London but still cute.

Hope all you bag lovers are having a great weekend!
I’m sorry your first experience with Aspinal hasn’t filled you with love. I have to admit my last experience with an online order wasn’t the best in terms of quality control. After reading reviews online it seems the standards may have slipped slightly.

They did used to send their bags in lovely cream dust bags and in a box but they’ve changed it recently to be more eco friendly. They now come in a blue canvas bag, in a cardboard box unless you pay for gift wrap. To me it’s taken the luxury away from the brand but that’s a personal opinion.

I’m not sure with the Nano Mayfair as it’s not my style and I don’t own one so hopefully someone else can be more helpful.

Happy New Year Everyone! I still can't believe that Aspinal does not yet have its own proper community/forum page on TPF. I have just bought this beauty in the sale! :biggrin: It is a regular sized Lottie with the flower embossing. It reminds me of art nouveau style patterns and has a hint of the Chanel camellia embossed designs.

I got the same bag! The flower pattern adds just a little bit more personality to a fairly plain, black bag. And I like that the inside is a darker shade of red.

Shipping is taking a really long time though I'm just feeling quite impatient lol. I ordered 5 days ago and am still waiting for their U.S. distributor to send me tracking information (Aspinal's order status just reads "accepted").

LOL, I also ordered the same bag as a birthday present for myself. :giggle: Love the bag. But what I didn't like was the packaging. I paid 10 euros extra for the luxury packaging, but it just came in a cardboard box. Not beautiful wrapped. :tdown: In the box was the bag, the dustbag and a small card.
Maybe they do not use the luxury packaging when you buy a bag that's on sale? But then they shouldn't let me pay 10 euros extra.
And also a bummer is the fact that the bag is now only 305 euros. I paid 430. I didn't expect it to get so much cheaper.
But still love the bag. No quality issues found yet, so that's good.

2023-01-15 12.48.04-1.jpg

2023-01-15 12.50.03-1.jpg

A similar issue for me! I previously posted here a lovely Mayfair that I ordered, but unfortunately had to return it for a replacement after finding out the inside lining of the bag was defective.

My replacement bag arrived today and while the inside is fine, this time the outside looks off to me. The handle is slightly crooked and the whole bag seems wonky (the left side is not asymmetrical to the left). It also arrived with no tissue packing inside the bag, whereas my previous order did. I wonder if that damaged the shape in transit.

Does anyone else see the wonkiness here? I'm trying to figure out if my eyes are just playing tricks on me. I also don't want to have to make a return for a second time :sad: don't want to be super picky, but if I pay hundreds for a bag I don't want to be disappointedView attachment 5694617View attachment 5694616View attachment 5694613View attachment 5694614View attachment 5694615
Doesn't look wonky in the pictures, but you see it in real life. It's very pretty!

I think there was a small one, it was $790 USD in December, if I recall correctly.

Speaking of December purchases, I have an order that has been "awaiting dispatch" since December 22, 2022. An item I had pre-ordered shipped after this (Dec. 30) and was delivered two weeks ago, but I still haven't gotten any updates on this order. I reached out to customer service a week ago and still haven't gotten any updates. Has this happened to anyone else?
Royal Mail had some kind of cyber attack and things are working themselves out but the mail out of the UK is either slow or not moving at the moment. This happened recently, so I think they're just getting re-started.

I’m new to this brand and very intrigued by the rave reviews! Have been looking at a few of the Aspinal bags while their sale is going on but for those that follow the brand more closely, do you know their sales cycles? If I don’t get anything this time, do they run sales like these several times a year? I missed the one I wanted, the Harper tote, twice. Had the saddle in my cart and it sold out. The black version showed up a few days later even lower priced (overnight in US time) and was gone when I checked the site the next morning. I’m considering the midi tote but not a lot of feedback on it and not 100% sure on the colors. It seems like the Mayfair and Lottie styles are in higher demand. Thanks for any feedback, they look lovely!

Reactions: Jereni
I am obsessed with the color Chalkhill blue - it's my perfect turquoise - and I bought these 3 items in the sale: the essential tote, a pouch and a mobile phone case. I am soooo in love
:loveeyes:
! I think I need even more items in this color ...
:lol:

IMG-5888a - Kopie.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have the midi London tote in soft taupe? I jumped at the cherry red and then of course a bunch of other colors showed up two days later. I almost bought the tea rose but was hoping that maybe they’d match the price I paid (20% off) for the red if I kept the soft taupe, which wasn’t there during the extra 20% off. I’m new to this brand so not sure how things work. So I now have the cherry and the soft taupe on the way and am still debating colors in my head, as things seem to come and go on the site! I hope it’s a beautiful light taupe. About to travel so they may arrive when I’m gone but the curiosity is killing me, wish I could see these all in person! I went through a lot of this thread, the pictures are great!

I am obsessed with the color Chalkhill blue - it's my perfect turquoise - and I bought these 3 items in the sale: the essential tote, a pouch and a mobile phone case. I am soooo in love
:loveeyes:
! I think I need even more items in this color ...
:lol:

View attachment 5704246
that color is gorgeous. I'm considering buying the Essential tote, but can you tell me if has any closure? On the website it looks like it is an open tote with no clasp or magnetic closure.

Reactions: Sibelle