Ask for suggestions: my 1st Chanel bag

I am a mom and I am getting ready to buy my first Chanel purse. I suggest you go to a store that has a Chanel boutique and try on some purses. I have narrowed it down to the GST or a jumbo classic flap. I tried on a medium, but it was too small for me. The best way to to try one on.

If you are looking for a shoulder bag on the smaller side, I just bought the Medallion tote. It holds a lot and has a zipper. It's great!!! I also took home the PST cuz I have been deciding between the two. The PST is also wonderful but it's open on top. It all depends on what you need it for but those are two great choices to consider.

Hi all, thank you so much for all your valuable opinions.

Initially I have 2 bags for consideration.
1. small classic flap
2. classic east/west

Actually I would like to wear the bag from left shoulder to right waist (hope that you can understand my poor English), so the first one would be my perfect choice, but I'm afraid the size is a bit small; if the second one, can I wear it at the same way? Will it be too urgy? Is the chain long enough?

Sorry, too many Qs, cos I'm quite green to Chanel...

If you were me, which one you would prefer to buy?

Personally I would choose the E/W as it fits more things, I am asuming that the small flap you mentioned here is the mini flap (more squarish looking).

I am not sure if E/W can be worn like a messenger bag...maybe other members can comment on this.

Hi IceEarl,

According to my friend, the mini classic flap is about 6" W, but from the information provided by some members here, the small flap is 9" W, so I guess classic flap has 4 different sizes... mini, small, medium & jumbo. Am I right?

Both chains are pretty, it depends on the style/color you choose, some look better with the classic old chain, some looke better with new...

I don't own any small flaps apart from the reissue 225, the only classic flap I have is the black caviar Jumbo in the classic chain in Silver HW, I prefer silver to gold for this bag as I think it looks more modern and trendy... if I were to get a red jumbo, I would love to have it with the new chain...

Hehee...not much of a help here....

hahah........... I finally got my 1st Chanel here in HK lu... It's small black classic flap... This made me feel exciting for a whole afternoon though the price is a higher than ordering from USA.

I want to thanks those gave me advices, especially thanks IceEarl and my friend ~ Ms R... thank you so much!!!:kiss::drinks: