asian nose job 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The surgeon said it was possible to raise the bridge 3.5-4.5 mm, I have thin skin and requested the smallest size available. How long ago did you have your procedure done? Have you considered switching the silicone out for goretex sheets? Private Message me some pics if you're open to sharing. It's possible a revision could improve your results.

jamasian - wow your results looks so natural!! Honestly if I had never been told that you got rhino I would not have guessed that your nose had been operated on. Nice height, great side profile, and very natural-looking from the frontal view (I think it helps that the tip is not looking super-pointy but is rounded yet still defined).

May I ask how thick was the I-silicone implant you used (how many mm)? I have to admit that your nose (esp. tip) was already pretty good to start with.....the pre-op nose was mainly lacking height in the bridge area.....I guess this again drives home the reality that rhino results often depend not only on the skill of the surgeon but also what type of a nose one starts off with (in its natural state).

Sigh, compared to your results my rhino looks really fake IMO. I also had I-silicone with ear cartilage for the tip. My side profile is perfect now but the frontal view just looks peculiar (and fake) IMO. But then again my tip had zero definition to begin with......so I don't know if a revision could even make much of a difference.

Its true that you can't push your nose up into a little piggy face. The swelling and stiffness in the tip will subside over time; maybe then it'll be possible to make a piggy face. That's definitely a question to ask during the initial consultation. :smile:

Hi! I'm actually thinking of doing a nose job but I'm kind of unsure of myself.. Anyway, is it true that once you do a nose job, you can't use your finger to push your nose up into like a "pig" face?

Hi CottonCandy77, i had to breathe through my mouth the first 2-3 days post op. The first night i couldn't breathe through my nose because of the gauze packing that gets placed in the nostrils after surgery. Once that was removed, it was easier to breathe but swelling did cause the nostrils to constrict a little for a few days. Also I couldn't smell a whole lot for the first 2 weeks.

Patients are instructed to clean their noses with a qtip, peroxide, and use an antibiotic ointment for the first 2 weeks (3-6x daily) to help avoid infections. Cleaning the nose out also helps keep the passage ways clear for breathing. :biggrin:

Hey jasmine,

I was wondering how much pain you felt during the surgery. Also during post op could you breathe normally through your nose?

By the way, your results look fantastic and your healing really fast ^^

Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Hi CottonCandy77, i had to breathe through my mouth the first 2-3 days post op. The first night i couldn't breathe through my nose because of the gauze packing that gets placed in the nostrils after surgery. Once that was removed, it was easier to breathe but swelling did cause the nostrils to constrict a little for a few days. Also I couldn't smell a whole lot for the first 2 weeks.

Patients are instructed to clean their noses with a qtip, peroxide, and use an antibiotic ointment for the first 2 weeks (3-6x daily) to help avoid infections. Cleaning the nose out also helps keep the passage ways clear for breathing. :biggrin:

hey jamasian,

I was wondering how you said that on your 3rd day you were shopping and all but didnt you still have your bandages on? Were people staring alot?

Last question is about how much did you spend on transport (taxi, subday,train) and food? :biggrin:

Thankyou and happy healing!

Hi all,

I am in seoul at the moment, and about to undergo surgery in two days time. I am very excited, and despite having second thoughts initially, I am glad I am here.

I went shopping after the consult today and spent way too much money in forever21 and skinfood!! but its still cheaper than home so is worth it. I then ate an amazing korean dish with freshly made noodles and dumplings, wich i cant rememeber the name, but it is near forever 21, and had a queue all the way out the door. My sister lives there and took me to wonderful places. I am still getting over jet-lag and getting used to the fact that nothing is in english (i dont speak korean!)

I am happy to help anyone should they need advice, as i found it difficult to get help when i was researching and some members even ignored my messages.heehee. But thanks to those who did and I will keep the forum updated after my operation.

hi cottoncandy77, here's a pic taken while on an all day tour in gyeoungju- 4 days post op. i bought a black hat at the insadong outdoor market the day before surgery and wore it everyday with the face mask that the clinic provided. i'm sure people could tell a procedure was done because of the bruising around my eyes. plastic surgery and medical tourism is one of a booming industry in south korea. i didn't feel self conscious about it and people didn't stare because plastic surgery is so common there. you see ads for surgery in the magazines, on the subway, billboards, etc.

when the bandages were removed, i stopped wearing the face mask. people who had seen me with the bandages (hotel doorman, clinic nurses, etc) did look to see the post op results and would smile signaling their positive feedback.

i bought a $10 subway pass/public transport pass and used it to get around frequently. my hotel also had a free shuttle that would drop people off at popular tourist spots across the han river. when i didn't feel up for being around a crowd of folks or had missed a shuttle, i'd take taxis. a taxi from my hotel in gangnam to tourist attractions across the han river was about $10 (not during rush hour traffic) and from the hotel to the Coex Mall was $2.50. My hotel was at the Yeokosam station on the greenline. The Coex Mall is at the Samseoung station which is 1-2 subway stops away. You don't need to take a taxi to get around, but there were times when i felt lazy or tired. i probably spent a good $80 on transportation over the 10 days, but that's because i almost always took taxis at night to go to restaurants or shows because the temperature was in the 30s and 40s at night.

the food there is fantastic and depending on where you go the prices vary. you can get a lot for $6-8 at the fast food places. keep in mind, their fast food also includes hot rice, soups, stews, tempura, kimchi, etc. they do have mcdonalds, kfc, papa johns, dunkin donuts, coffee bean, and starbucks there if you get homesick. i ate at a few fine dining establishments; highly recommend the full course meal with traditional dance performance at the korea house ($90/pp). you can definitely find great food for cheap in seoul, the mom and pop places are worth exploring. for the more formal places touristy places, the prices aren't too different from here at home.

i didn't hold myself to a budget while i was there and probably spent overall including the surgery $6000. but this covered food, hotel, and entertainment for 2 people for 10 days. its safe to say that you can get a luxury vacation and surgery in seoul for the cost of just a procedure here at home. if i had to do something differently, i'd choose spring as a time to visit rather than winter.

hey jamasian,

I was wondering how you said that on your 3rd day you were shopping and all but didnt you still have your bandages on? Were people staring alot?

Last question is about how much did you spend on transport (taxi, subday,train) and food? :biggrin:

hi cottoncandy77, here's a pic taken while on an all day tour in gyeoungju- 4 days post op. i bought a black hat at the insadong outdoor market the day before surgery and wore it everyday with the face mask that the clinic provided. i'm sure people could tell a procedure was done because of the bruising around my eyes. plastic surgery and medical tourism is one of a booming industry in south korea. i didn't feel self conscious about it and people didn't stare because plastic surgery is so common there. you see ads for surgery in the magazines, on the subway, billboards, etc.

when the bandages were removed, i stopped wearing the face mask. people who had seen me with the bandages (hotel doorman, clinic nurses, etc) did look to see the post op results and would smile signaling their positive feedback.

i bought a $10 subway pass/public transport pass and used it to get around frequently. my hotel also had a free shuttle that would drop people off at popular tourist spots across the han river. when i didn't feel up for being around a crowd of folks or had missed a shuttle, i'd take taxis. a taxi from my hotel in gangnam to tourist attractions across the han river was about $10 (not during rush hour traffic) and from the hotel to the Coex Mall was $2.50. My hotel was at the Yeokosam station on the greenline. The Coex Mall is at the Samseoung station which is 1-2 subway stops away. You don't need to take a taxi to get around, but there were times when i felt lazy or tired. i probably spent a good $80 on transportation over the 10 days, but that's because i almost always took taxis at night to go to restaurants or shows because the temperature was in the 30s and 40s at night.

the food there is fantastic and depending on where you go the prices vary. you can get a lot for $6-8 at the fast food places. keep in mind, their fast food also includes hot rice, soups, stews, tempura, kimchi, etc. they do have mcdonalds, kfc, papa johns, dunkin donuts, coffee bean, and starbucks there if you get homesick. i ate at a few fine dining establishments; highly recommend the full course meal with traditional dance performance at the korea house ($90/pp). you can definitely find great food for cheap in seoul, the mom and pop places are worth exploring. for the more formal places touristy places, the prices aren't too different from here at home.

i didn't hold myself to a budget while i was there and probably spent overall including the surgery $6000. but this covered food, hotel, and entertainment for 2 people for 10 days. its safe to say that you can get a luxury vacation and surgery in seoul for the cost of just a procedure here at home. if i had to do something differently, i'd choose spring as a time to visit rather than winter.

Thankyou so much Jamasian!! Wow $6000 only??? Including hotel and the surgery!! How much was your hotel and surgery? Migo clinic quoted me $6000 alone (inc eyelid though) =[ are they ripping me off

Well yeh it sounds great, im just scared of staying at the hotel myself and travelling alone because its a little dangerous. Could you recommend me a few MUST GO restaurants and shopping places? Greatly appreciated =]

Thankyou XD

Hi all,

I am in seoul at the moment, and about to undergo surgery in two days time. I am very excited, and despite having second thoughts initially, I am glad I am here.

I went shopping after the consult today and spent way too much money in forever21 and skinfood!! but its still cheaper than home so is worth it. I then ate an amazing korean dish with freshly made noodles and dumplings, wich i cant rememeber the name, but it is near forever 21, and had a queue all the way out the door. My sister lives there and took me to wonderful places. I am still getting over jet-lag and getting used to the fact that nothing is in english (i dont speak korean!)

I am happy to help anyone should they need advice, as i found it difficult to get help when i was researching and some members even ignored my messages.heehee. But thanks to those who did and I will keep the forum updated after my operation.

Hey! =] Could you give us a little info on your consultations? Which clinic did you go and how much were u quoted? Any recommended shopping and food places? XD

Thanks

Hey! =] Could you give us a little info on your consultations? Which clinic did you go and how much were u quoted? Any recommended shopping and food places? XD

Thanks

Dear Cottoncandy

I went to two places banobagi and oz. But I went for BB as I was happy with what Dr Lee could do for me. He told me he did 35 nose-ops a week which I found hard to believe before I got to Seoul. However when I got to the clinic it was very busy, and very beautiful inside. The staff all looked amazing, so I gathered the surgeons are very skilled. I was a little annoyed that I had to wait 1 hour to speak to the surgeon, however once with him he did answer all my questions. His english was limited so we had a translator with us, she is not completely fluent but it was enough. Also I asked Dr lee to tell me what 'he' suggested was best for me.

My sister visited BK for me about a month before my visit and she had to wait 1.5 hour to speak to an assistant, not the surgeon, so I took them off my list. To be fair to them she did not have an appointment at the time.

I was quoted between 3,000,000 won and 5,000,000 won. But my procedure costs 3,300,000 (at the low end) so I was happy. Oz quoted between 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 I think, but his clinic is small, so probably paying for less staff, and BK a starting price of 4,500,000 won.

I was torn between Oz and BB. Oz were very friendly and always replied to my emails. I just decided on BB as I felt he knew my case better. However if they were both from where I am from I would have been happy to go with either.

Good luck and post me if you want to know more

In terms of other cosmetic clinics they are all located one place in seoul city centre, so you should find them all easy enough.

Food and shopping I will add to another reply.

Hey,

I'm planning on going to the LR Clinic (in Taipei) to Dr. Jong for eyelash transplants, sometime around early May. Anyone else planning on going to Taipei around that time? It would help having a travelling buddy. PM me.

Here are some updated after pictures- day 14 post op and day 24 post op.

hey jamasian,

Attachments

• day14profile.jpg
    day14profile.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,759
  • day15frontweb.jpg
    day15frontweb.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,774
  • day24frontweb.jpg
    day24frontweb.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2,574
  • day24profileweb.jpg
    day24profileweb.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,643
Dec. 23rd will be 4 weeks post op. The swelling has gone down dramatically and sharpening of the tip is starting to be visible. Also attached is a picture of me and my honey on a tour at Gyeongju. I covered the cast with the white medical mask. Silly huh... :P

Attachments

• day29frontweb.jpg
    day29frontweb.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,610
  • day29profile.jpg
    day29profile.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2,748
  • public copy.jpg
    public copy.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,780
:biggrin:
Dec. 23rd will be 4 weeks post op. The swelling has gone down dramatically and sharpening of the tip is starting to be visible. Also attached is a picture of me and my honey on a tour at Gyeongju. I covered the cast with the white medical mask. Silly huh... :P

wow, the med mask sure does its job in conceiving. Did you wear any sunnies? Are we allowed to like 5 days post op? Your healing is really progressing.

Random question
Was the lotte department store good (if you went, which branch)?

Thanks for sharing Jamasian!!!

P.S Im still looking for a buddy for feb!!! Please pm me!!

has anyone heard of Navi clinic? I had mine done there 9/15. They are really good and professional, unfortunately i had to have mine removed a month and a half post op because i realized i hate the thought of having silicone in my nose and i didnt look too good with a high bridge. The nose itself was great though. Its been almost 2 mo since i took out my implants and now my nose is a bit higher than before so Im very satisfied.

very nice to share, i too was went to Dr Lee.

The tip has improved and perhaps is easy for improvement.

The nasion region here...

ideal_lateralbreakdown.gif

which is the point between the forehead and nose i find is a tricky one.

Typically if you do not possess a high enough forehead, an implant too high wil result in a protrusion of the area which makes it look fake.. A certain angle is required for it to look natural.

therhinoplastycenter.com/_Temp_The_Ideal_Nose_files/Figure14.gif

Here is a good explanation..

http://www.therhinoplastycenter.com/centerideal.html

I was watching 'You're beautiful' and one of the main cast i found the nasion angle too gentle to my liking..

sookyeong.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/sssss.jpg?w=468&h=448

Here is a source..http://sookyeong.wordpress.com/2009/03/06/lee-min-ho-went-under-the-knife-too/

Status
Not open for further replies.