Ashley Graham - "plus sized" Sports Illustrated cover

To be fair, from the Lane Bryant website:
"Lane Bryant is the most recognized name in plus-size clothing, and our emphasis on fashion and fit - not merely size - makes us a style leader."

Ok....that is Lane Bryant's speciality but again just because someone models for Lane Bryant or has shopped in a Lane Bryant doesn't mean said person is necessarily plus sized. Most models called "plus sized" can't even shop in Lane Bryant type stores, they're usually too small...."plus size model" can mean anywhere from size 6 to size 14 with the average being a size 10 IIRC. Just as clothes are tailored to fit standard models, it's the same with plus size models.

I don't know where Ashley shops but I maintain that she doesn't look plus sized to me especially looking at her IG.

I doubt those numbers are accurate. I don't think at 5' 9" Ashley only weighs 170 lbs. I know weights can sometimes be misleading but she looks a lot heavier than that. And I know from her IG she works out a lot so she probably has a decent amount of muscle weight.

I made sure to check multiple "Celeb Stats" and pulled the weights that were the most consistent. There was a site saying she weighed 200lbs, but it was just that one site, so I ignored it. Honestly, it doesn't really matter if Cara weighs a few pounds more or Ashley does. It's just to point out that they're both very different when it comes to "typical" model stats.

Ok....that is Lane Bryant's speciality but again just because someone models for Lane Bryant or has shopped in a Lane Bryant doesn't mean said person is necessarily plus sized. Most models called "plus sized" can't even shop in Lane Bryant type stores, they're usually too small...."plus size model" can mean anywhere from size 6 to size 14 with the average being a size 10 IIRC. Just as clothes are tailored to fit standard models, it's the same with plus size models.

I don't know where Ashley shops but I maintain that she doesn't look plus sized to me especially looking at her IG.

I'm confused. Are you're suggesting she's bigger than Plus Sized??

I am still thrilled to see someone who looks like me -- body wise, celebrated as beautiful. I do not possess her BODY POSITIVE mentality but it is a start...