"Ashamed" of Mono?

i don't really have a preference to a specific line from lv. I have to agree that i am a big fan of the damier line mainly because it's low maintenance. I do own a couple of mono bags, but i don't care about what other people think. Like another poster had said, "i rock what i like!" and as long as you know yours is real, who cares what the other people think.
ita

In any case, whatever bag you're carrying needs to be carried with confidence. If you feel uncomfortable carrying a bag, it will show and people's thoughts will get to you. So the key is confidence. As for me, I wait until my mono bags hit the right shade of patina, then I'll carry it, but only because I dislike the milky vachetta color..

Nope, :nogood: not ashamed at all. I preferred Damier Ebene initially, but moved towards Monogram. I like this print more and more over time. I am proud to be carrying my LVs. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about what other people think about what I carry or about what my preferences are. When I spend my money, I buy what I want and what I love. I personally love my mono bags and like a couple others have said, 'I rock what I like':ghi5: and 'I carry them with pride'.

Shoot, life is too short and I'm too old to give two hoots what ANYone thinks of what I'm carrying. I LVoe the latest graffiti line with its vibrant color and I LVoe toting all three of my NF graffitis around, including to work. Oh, and I'm a guy.

That's a good question. I actually got so sick of wearing my LV mono for 2 years because I a) hated worrying about getting the vachetta dirty and b) the "snooty-ness" of it. Even though I stopped wearing LV to wear Chanel, Chloe and Balenciaga which doesn't even make sense since they're the same in cost or a tad more! But I've been lurking back on the LV forum and the Roses collection sparked my interest back to LV. Now, I just don't wear LV to school.

There have been a couple of places where I feel "ashamed" about carrying it, and that's only because the receptionists make a big deal whenever I *don't* carry it. i.e. "What?? You're not carrying your LV???" . It makes me embarrassed especially if there are other people around who turn to look. I know they are teasing me but... sheesh.

When I'm at home, I'm really appreciating the way the patina is against the mono when I glance over and it makes me smile inside. No shame :smile:

Good LORD, that's when I would turn and say to her, "Maybe one day you'll be able to afford one honey, but only if you marry for money."

I don't think it's loud. I think the monogram design somehow transcends "matching" and goes with everything, making things look finished. I do have one non-monogram item, but I like the monogram design the best. And the light weight of the canvas is a bonus!

i love mono, if it lets people know my bag is lv, so what? It is lv, and i feel blessed to be able to afford an lv bag. It's nobody's business if i choose to spend my money on any certain bag. I would never let what anyone else thinks deter me from buying what i want. How about expensive cars? My husband drives a mercedes, do you think he cares if the person in the next car thinks he's wrong for paying so much for a car? Would you drive an old clunker just so people wouldn't think you were extravagent when you could afford and really wanted a maybach? If we let people dictate to us what we should love and have, we will have a pretty miserable life, and if we fall into that trap, we deserve it! As for mono being "loud", i don't think it is. I think is just recognizable and people automatically know which designer it is at a glance. Haters will hate no matter what you are carrying if it is in the least bit better than what they have!
ita!!!!

I think some people totally rock the mono, just not for me personally. But I do see what you're talking about. I think most people who love the brand just love what they love. I mean, we are talking about spending 700++ on a bag, we should be able to get the one we want regardless what anyone else thinks!

I see your point definitely. Personally I feel a bit shy with my mono items but I like them too much not to use them lol. And yes I get treated worse with them but I still love them and use them in some way almost daily-even if they are just SLG's in another bag.

Last edited: