Argan Oil, What brand do you recommend? And, where do I buy it??

If you live in canada you can get the organic/nature "live clean" at walmart or shoppers drug mart. They make an argan oil conditioner, and also an oil treatment that I saw on their site.
I've been using the conditioner though, and it smells lovely!

I'm using the Argan Oil body wash and I LOVE it. I know it isn't 100% argan oil, but $5 for an organic product I'm very happy with it. It makes my skin really soft.

I tried the Live Clean Argan Oil treatment....I made the mistake of putting it on wet hair and then blowdrying, and my hair was STRAW. It was so dry and wiry-I've NEVER had my hair like that before. I think you have to put it on wet hair and then let your hair dry naturally for it to work, because the salesperson at Shoppers Drug Mart RAVED about how well it worked for her.

I used to live near the Canadian border and bought some of the live clean shampoo conditor and oil, but honestely didn't have the success others are saying. My hair felt very oily using the Argan oil (which i guess it should when you put oil on your hair, but it felt too oily.)
Maybe I was too quick to judge. I will give another try.

For those in Europe: you can get 100% Argan Oil from Akamuti. It's not really expensive - and it's organic as well. No chemicals at all in NONE of their products. I like their oils a lot.
The Argan oil has done wonders on my dry frizzy hair, I must say :smile: I add a little more than a pea size to my wet hair and then blowdry. It actually has a better effect than my super expensive $60 Alterna The Science of 10 shampoo - and conditioner ;) Long live NATURE.

http://www.akamuti.co.uk/products/new/argan-oil-organic-100ml/

For those outside Europe: Try looking here:
http://www.theorganicbodycareshop.c...kamuti&Product=Oil-Argan-Cold_Pressed_Organic

Last edited:
kiuty77 said:
Oops, I wasn't being clear enough. Sorry :P

Josie Maran has several products. The 100% argan oil has no spf because it is just the oil. I am still using the sample from my last visit to Sephora.

The product that has spf is the tinted moisturizer. Apparently the oil can be separated from the sunscreen, so the SA's at Sephora suggest that I shake the tube vigorously before squeezing it out to use.

Anyway, I bought a really good friend of mine a bottle of the Josie Maran argan oil because she has severe eczema. It's working wonders for her. She has really bad patches on her hands, especially around the ring finger. Her finger is so inflamed, her rings were fitting so tight. Since she started using the argan oil on her finger, the skin is healing and the finger is not swollen anymore!! I am so glad to see that.

I am so happy that you mentioned that its worked on excema skin! I have pretty bad excema on my hands right now and even steroid creams arent working so i will give this a shot. Thanks!!

Machick333 said:
Im now using the Josie Maran Argan oil on my face..and LOVE it. havent broken out yet :smile: yay!!! noticing a big difference. I talk about it more here:smile:

http://www.thecurrentlyobsessed.com/2012/04/skin-care-routine.html

Love your blog post! I'm in my 20s but have delicate, redness prone sensitive skin, so I'm concerned with its maintenance. I've been thinking to switching to pharmacy brands such as Vichy, Lierac etc, they seem to be working just fine for a lot of people. How are you finding the argan oil? Is it best used instead of a nighttime serum?

I've used two brands of pure argan oil with no problems: Josie Maran, and one from New Directions Aromatic. There is more of an earthy smell to the NDA one, but you can choose to get organic or not and the "sample" size is a 100 ml bottle that costs $14.17 CAN. Hard to beat that! : D

I suggest staying away from anything that isn't 100% pure argan oil. Like others have previously mentioned, there are many products out there made with very little argan oil and lots of silicones and other synthetic petroleum-based ingredients. I personally love BEAUTYOILS.CO argan oil as it is very reasonably priced and 100% pure. I've tried a few brands and this one is great considering its cost and high quality.

http://www.beautyoils.co/collections/shop/products/argan-oil-100-pure